In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Met another GB member today

wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Met up with MontanaJoe, Mrs MontanaJoe and her parents at Shedhorn Sports in town today. Spent about an hour blocking the ammo isle BSing and talking about some of you [:D]

Now if Idahobound ever slows down when coming through town instead of running over things [:D]

Had a good time, thanks for the meet Joe!
standard.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Well, WWIIVet escaped from the bowels of Cali. to come to NC and pay a vist to his family, and took the time to swing by my home and sit a while. It was very nice to meet another member of GB, once again. He and his lovely wife are quite a nice couple and the perfect picture of two very happy people after years of marriage. I hope to be like him when I grow up.[8D] I won't bore you with the conversational material we had, but I will tell you I wish I had more time to spend in the company of these two very nice people. We were just getting into the gun talk when it was time for him to leave, dern it.

Its simply amazing that the members of this board, which most of us have had the privelege of meeting at least one, all different people meeting different members, are all of such high quality. I so enjoy meeting members of the board, its quite a treat.

I had a little flashback while in my gun closet talking to Robert, and it was of badboybob, and the short couple of visits I had the pleasure of having with him before he passed. It pains me to meet such incredible people, and to know them such a short time, without the benefit of getting to know them better, and learn from them. That is how it is sometimes. I hope that we all meet someday, and I hope that the opportunities to really get to know some of you transpire. What a great bunch of people here.

Thanks for paying me and my family the visit Robert, it was a true pleasure, which I hope to repeat soon, and often.

marinesega2.jpg
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Spent most of the day visiting with Chollagardens. Very nice and interesting guy.
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    A few of us attended the Kansas City gun show today. It was a decent show, no beanie babies or nuts though.[:(] We did get to meet
    Hunt Walkers. He seems to be a very nice guy, but I'll have to reserve judgement on anyone that would be seen with us. We ate breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Can a person hear his arteries clogging up? Hunt Walkers invited us to come to Iowa and help thin his pheasants, so I don't think interstatepawn scared him.[:0] I forgot to take my camera, so HW will be able to stay in the witness protection program.

I was a little dissapointed that tr fox didn't make it, we waited breakfast.[;)] I told isp that I thought he was real, but now I'm not sure?[?]

I would have liked to have also met Sky Watcher, maybe next time.

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    standard.jpg
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Yeppers, Hunt's a good egg in my book. Now if we could just keep Kimber from running off on his own. Seriously men, I enjoyed the morning with all and hope we can do it again soon.[:)]

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • Options
    HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a good time today guys. It was nice to meet some of the GB folks. Looking forward to the next show, let me know when there is a show in the area. Got everything trailered to the house, but the wind was terrible. Had to stop in Bethany to buy new tarps, they were in shreds and flopping in the wind. Interstatepawn didn't scare me none, I was wondering if we would have to hire a Indian tracker to find Kimber though!!!
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think Cracker Barrel must be the official GB meet in person place. I think we should get discounts.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif