In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Saxonpig

woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in General Discussion
I had read on this board a long time ago that the .357 is loaded down from its original pressure and loadings,could that be the original specs and you say its no in other publications.I dont know if you saw my post on "Your faovrite handgun round" yet but let me know if your interested.

Eric S. Williams

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Sax,

Don't know if you're still looking for a Mopar muscle car or not,
    but if you are and might be interested in '75 Plymouth Trailduster
    4x4 in nice shape,give me a holler.I'm in Dallas Texas area.

My email is: sacaircom@yahoo.com

Adios
    mopar
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You have mail - did you get my e-mail? Sent it through the board.

JuJu(awaiting your response[:)])
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:It's not possible for a moderator to make a post using another member's name. The only power I have is to edit, delete and lock existing posts and threads. I can only make new threads or posts under my own username.

It looks to me like the thread started with a cut and paste story about the woman in Utah arrested for refusing to give her name to police when they tried to cite her for not watering her lawn as required by city ordinance. I thought the thread was better suited to the Politics Forum so I moved it from General Discussion to Politics. I don't recall making any changes other than moving it to the other forum and I certainly didn't create the thread because like I said, I don't have that capability even if I wanted... which I don't.

Your attitude is unacceptable as is your personal insult. Calling any member insulting names (like scum) is prohibited by the posting guidelines. Like the others who have commented I have no idea what you are upset about as I see nothing bad about the thread in question but the manner of your complaint is intolerable.

You do not have the right to call me or anyone else names on the forum. You will cease immediately or risk banishment.

I'm with you on this one. I know what powers mods do and don't have (don't ask how...I'm just smart like that). I didn't see anything wrong with what you did.

The rest of you: call me a brown-noser if you want to, but just keep in mind that being nice to the mods on a free internet forum has about the same pay-off that buying a penny gumball does. Doesn't cost a whole lot, and the benefits don't last all that long.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Look, if you dont like my giveaway then dont enter. I appreciate your viewd but my thread is for a giveaway. I am not celebrating because we "won" anything today.
    Read my post, I said since we for now dont have an AWB renewal and no additional gunshow restrictions.

I understand that the protection for Firearms manufacturers was also killed today, but we currently dont have that law so nothing was lost. If the bill with ammendments had made it to the house then there was always the possiblility that it could have passed ammendments and all. This is not a bad thing what happened today. It shows the Democrats that although they may have to votes to get anammendment added to a bill they dont have the votes to get it to the house when it comes to gun control.

Did you really want to take the chance that the bill would have been stripped of the ammendments before it got to the president's desk?

I dont, better to die now than take the chance.

Most of the lawsuits against the Firearms industry have been thrown out of court or sided with the industry and not against them. The law that was proposed would only have put on paper what is already occurring.

Take off the blinders and look at the overall picture Saxon, we did not lose anyhting today. We actually won a small skirmish in our fight to retain our rights.

JuJu(sorry you dont see it this way)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    In another post you mentioned Neal Knox felt that the Senate should have went ahead with the bill-do you have a link to Knoxs opinion by any chance?
    Thanks.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Another post mentioned something about something happened to Saxonpig. I looked and seen he hasn't been around since June. What happened?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I sent you that pic you wanted, e-mail....Let me know if you don't get it and I'll try again...Sorry for the delay, I was out of town....
    I wouldn't mind being the last man on earth-just to see if all of those girls were telling me the truth....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hope you got everything o.k.
    I'm still trying to get my email sorted out.
    If there are any problems the private email button should be working now. The email address I sent you yesterday won't work for some reason.

Woods
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't know whats wrong but I cannot seem to reach you by email, I wanted to let you know that the gun arrived on Thursday and I picked it up last night. I cannot believe how clean this thing is and I'm almost afraid to take it in the woods, I bought it for * hunting. Maybe I'll have to find me another one to hunt with so I don't mess this one up. Thanks !

Ohh and thanks for the speedloader, I never used one of those untill now, that is slick!

Real men use little bullets.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you still looking for a shoulder rig for your 27?

I have a Fury brand shoulder rig that was my dad's. Unfortunately it's a lefty rig. I'd really like to have one in a right hand configuration, but, Fury seems to be out of business. If your interested maybe we can find someone who can use dad's as a pattern and make us a couple. The Fury is really nice because it's butt down/muzzle up. Can't hang up in your clothing because you pull it straight down. Also barrel length doesn't seem to be that critical in this rig. I've carried both my dad's old 27 5" & the 44HE 6.5" in it with no problems. Also, I need to have an oversize harness on mine because I've gained so much weight since my knee surgery a few years ago. I think someone here does leatherwork.

Woods
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Frank, did you ever get the snail mail I sent to you? Thank you again, I still didn't get it back from Colt, but am waiting to try the ammo.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=251064

i'm behind you all the way, it is getting out of hand, i don't know what happened to the guy, but there obviously nothing any of us can do for him

nunn, see my post that was deleted made little difference of the outcome, not complaining just pointing it out{lol}
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i been looking for my ohm meter all day, i was wondering what you did with it?[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you still looking for a Triplelock? If you are you may want to check out auction #3741301
    www.gunbroker.com/auction/viewitem.asp?item=3741301

Woods

How big a boy are ya?

Edited by - woodsrunner on 04/23/2002 03:19:00
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know it's too soon but I have a 9 month old beagle I need to get rid of. If you want her I will find a way to get her to you. Her name is Eddie and I only have her because my daughter moved to a new place and could not keep her. I have a Shepard and dread the day anything happens to her. PLMK and we'll find a way to get her to you.

PJ

editorialcolor.bmp
    If nobody seen you do it, how could you have done it. NRA Life Member, AF&AM
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Saxon, a while back you were defending your disertation or taking some sort of test regarding your piled higher and deeper. How did it come out? Didja get the degree?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sax:

I responded to your email, but it was returned as not delivered. I answered in the affirmative for either choice other than HP's. (They are not legal to use in NJ)

Is there another email address that I can use?

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sooo... what did you do re: the auction?? We are on tenterhooks.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What's with the new bunch of acronyms (presumably) in your signature? I tried looking them up in Kimberkid's acronym list and only found one.

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Was the gun there?

How you doin'!
    wolf_evil_smile_sm_nwm.gif

The election is over, so the anti-Kerry stuff is removed.

If the Army and the Navy
    Ever look on Heaven's scenes;
    They will find the streets are guarded by
    UNITED STATES MARINES!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    According to Dano too, I shouldn't be talking to you, cause you are now our nemesis.

Dano too has this thing about wanting to be #1. In all honesty, it don't mean squat to me. But, since we are a team, I have to listen to his whinning all the time about it.

Anyway, just to be fair, Dano too has this scheme all cooked up to unseat you from your temporary #1 position. As mean and nasty as he can get, I'd be real careful for a while!

We should be back by Wed. or Thur., that's if we don't get in any more bar fights. It's a long story.............

Stay safe!!The "ONLY" bad thing about owning "A GUN" is....not owning two or more!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Doc,

Where's that picture of our bald headed buddy?[:D]

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i am a believer.....i will read any post that was started by the pigmiester......one funny SOB.......you come to MD and the beers are on me.

bandit

If you never try you will always fail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Saw your question somewhere else and this might be the answer.. Give em a call.

http://www.fordsguns.com/index1.htm
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I know you and your wife are going to NYC for your anniversary, soon.
    I thought you might want to check out the "Travel Channel" Sunday, Sept. 7th., at 8pm. Eastern time/7pm central time.
    There's a 1 hour show dedicated to New York City that I'm sure will be very informative for you two. You may find some interesting tid-bits to help y'all with your trip.

Tideman [From Texas]

"Don't shoot to stop 'em, Shoot to Destroy 'em!"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got the computer games yesterday. Thanks alot. I haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but they look pretty cool. I didn't realize you were a fellow Arkansan! My two sisters live down around there. One in Cabot and the other in Maumelle. Thanks again!

"What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith,1787.

"They that can give up essential Liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

If God didn't want us to eat animals, then he wouldn't have made them out of meat.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just a note to say that I have missed your snippets about the Western Theater of the American War of Economic Transgressions. Did you ever get it finished? I have thoroughly enjoyed your writting to date and feel that it is much more impartial, accutate and insightful than most. Begining to feel a little deprived now though.

Cartoon_truck.gif

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY<P>
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry I called you wierd. icomplainalot extends his hand in friendship and offers you a beer.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I love your new signature.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You need to recruit 790 more people for me to win the 35 Whelen.
    I've been patiently waiting. May be if you took out some Full Page Ads in all the Major Newspapers so I can get my gun sooner. If you need some help.....well, Good Luck.

Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    when you reach 4000, you get zeroed out & have to start over.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Time again to make your monthly announcement about the rifle you are trying to win on that other site. See lot's of new members here recently. You need 706 more members. There should be a prize for the person to recruit the most members over there because you sure as heck deserve it for your effort.

AlleninAlaska

http://www.outdoor-o-rama.com

He who dares not offend cannot be honest.
    -- Thomas Paine
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey SaxonPig...I just noticed that you live in Little Rock. Ever eat at Doe's Steak place? My dad lives in LR, and I HAVE to go to Doe's when I visit him.

EMSParamedic.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Did you see the thing I put up on the Utah Highway Patrol?

I wondered if that was the right emblem?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:I will bet $100 right now it will go nowhere. Recalls are extremely rare and that state is so liberal he will not be seriously threatened.

quote:Saxon, I'll take that bet! He might not lose a recall election but it will be held and if nothing else it will force him (and the Dems) to spend some money. I'm sending $100 to the recall campaign today (you can repay me when it happens

Do we have a bet?

Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem.Semper Fidelis
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just sent you a message thru gunbroker bb. Please let me know if you get it and are interested in contacting Don. Thanks, Tom

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who dont.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I agree with you about not selling at 10%.

As for me trying to rip him off, the products were listed in a once in a lifetime selling of odd lot bullets, sounds like he just wanted to clear out some boxes that were opened and not complete. He is going out of business.

BUT, Once you accept and charge my credit card, and email me a confirmation on the purchase, you should not just cancel the sale and raise the price. A real business would have the integrety to call and explain the error and possible make some peace offering.

After I emailed him about the sale, I did get a sarcastic email from the "gentleman" that runs the business.

So as not to get locked and deletee, I did not use the business name in this post.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Went out thursday according to the dealer. should have been there saturday. it was shipped priority mail.

Woods
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Has he gotten it yet?? If he hasn't I want to get right on it. You have my # if you need it.

Woods