In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Racist

instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2003 in General Discussion
Went to a battery family day picnic for Memorial Day this weekend. As there are so many kids in the unit and my dog is litterally just a HUGE jungle gym for them I brought him(St. Bernard). He has never shown signs of aggression unless mamma is goofing around and screams or something.

We moved onto post recently and some of the kids walking home from school like to mess with him. Now he barks at a certain race of people. A few people noticed this, and now I have the "militant muslims" of my battery asking me why my dog doesn't like black people and why I'm a racist.

If I were the p.c. type I might report this to my e.o. rep....oh wait a minute....he's one of the militant type who will NOT ascosciate with you unless your skin color matches his.

And I'm the racist?[:0]

Pictures%2FGeronimo%5FCrest.gif

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    The acronym is R.A.C.I.S.T. and stands for Rational And Constitutionally Inspired Sensible Thought. [:D][^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Racist
    Do you think I'm a racist!
    Well, I've got admit By God I. Am.

fc6cb6ef.gif
    Southaven.gif
  • Options
    elect1mikeelect1mike Member Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think so. I had a dog Max that was 17 when he died he was a yellow lab and a big sweet heart. The only people he hated was people of color. I found out that dogs since fear and people of color for the most part show fear around big dogs. I guess thats where he got it I will asure you I do not have a clan flag in my garage and I did not beat him into hateing blacks. O by the way he didn't like the UPS
    guy but he was white. Go figure before he died we got a new UPS guy and he loved him so I think it has to do with the fear factor.

bull.txt
    col elect1mike Illinois
    volinters RRG
    O give me a home where no democrats roam
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    my only question is are dogs color blind or that peticular breed of dog color blind?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    He can deffinetly sense fear, however maybe it's his breed, but he actually becomes more gentle when someone is afraid (kids at least).

He also HATE people if he cant see their faces; hooded sweatshirts, helmets and the like. He's not very fond of crotch rockets either. What does that make me?

• Options
    agloreaglore Member Posts: 6,012
    edited November -1
    Instrumentofwar did you get my e-mail? Looks like I'll be in Anchorage on Sunday evening. Staying at the Sheraton.

AlleninAlaska
    Delta Firearms & Supplies
    http://canadianfirearmsexchange.com

aglore@gci.net
  • Options
    edited November -1
    rgr....sorry about not replying right away. I'm stuck on duty today while the rest of the damn battery is out at a king salmon derby at Ship Creek[:(]. I'll shoot you my number later. I havent replied earlier what with work and the whole virus scare going on today. I'm not sure how much time I'll have with jumpmaster school, but we can at least shake hands, exchange info and get together later on for some fishing an such

• Options
    96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think we've walked this dog before. Just mention Ms White America padgent or United White College Fund. Then you're a racist.
    My dogs bark at anything that moves regardless of color. No, I'm not racist. I got a black lab, chocolate lab, and a yellow lab.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Options
    rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    Just tell'em most of your guns are black, mabye they'll leave you alone.
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You must just hate everyone in the Army then because there aren't that many Native Americans in green these days. [}:)]

Why would they associate your dog's behavior with your own views? That sounds pretty messed up. When I was in Honduras we had a mascot. She was part chocolate lab and part pit bull. She hated officers (anyone with shiny rank on their hat) and Hondurans. Oh well. It's kind of hard to give a block of Equal Opportunity instruction to a dog.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey....he does sniff everyones crotch equally[:p]

• Options
    SkydiveSkydive Member Posts: 737 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please reference my signature below. But my experience has been that African Americans fear large dogs. I have had 4 dogs growing up and 4 dogs as an adult. All of them don't give a crap about race, but are very sensitive to the "vibe" of other people. Fear is a "vibe" that they sense as dangerous.

My sig:

All generalizations are bad.
  • Options
    bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Instrumentofwar-
    20 years back i had a st. bernard that had exactly the same traits.
    remember once my brother showed up (the dog really adored him) on his Yamaha & wearing reflective sunglasses. The dog tried to remove his leg until he shut off the bike AND removed the shades. Then everything was hunky-dory.
    Wonderful dogs, by the way!
    [^][^]barto

I didn't do it and I got witnesses!!
  • Options
    jjmitchell60jjmitchell60 Member Posts: 3,887
    edited November -1
    It is not only large dogs! I have 2 Blue Healer sisters that hate anyone darker than the ol lady. She is 3/8 Native American and it does show. Our Blue healers hate Mexicans and Afro-Americans equally and the sad part is some of my good friends are Afro-Americans! Of course one of the Healers will even growl at me when she rides with me. She is fine till we stop and I go into a store or something. While in there she will lay down on a cushin that I sit on while driving. When I go to get back in it is a fight as to who gets the drivers seat, me or the dog. The ol lady even named her Cuddles. She is one Blue Healer with a serious attitude! We have a Shar-pei/Hound cross that hates all strangers if they come into our house but outside the home she loves everyone. Best home security I ever saw, she goes for the throat of strangers in the house no matter the color of their skin![}:)]
  • Options
    KhegglieKhegglie Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It aint the dog........its the TEETH theys scary!!![}:)]