In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield M1

Tony BarnesTony Barnes Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Hey, I wonder when Springfield Armory is going to start selling the new M1s they keep advertising in Shotgun News? They don't have it on their website. I emailed them and got no responce. Ad says their only going to make 10,000. No price mentioned of course.

Comments

• Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tony.....you might want to check out how they're going to make the receivers. I've heard some bad stuff about some of the new ones. I've got a friend who was the armorer for Arlington Ordnance when they were in business. He's very respected in the "Garand" community. I'll call him to see if he's heard anything. I might also call Scott Duff if I don't see him at the Harrisburg gun show. I'll try to remember to post whatever I get.You might check out some of he bigger gun shows in NC. You can usually find some good"Authentic" WWII Garands at them. I have a special place in my heart for the Garand and will always encourage the acqusition of one or more!Mudge the researcher
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It looks like they just came out or are about to. I just a package in the mail from SA with all the dope on the new Garand. Looks pretty sweet!
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ones made by Springfield are the original ones. They are still making them to the same specs as they were in the 30's.