In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.22 Magnum

wayneptlwayneptl Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Lately I have been on a .22LR kick. Has always been one of my favorite rounds and with the rising prices of ammo, it has really become my favorite round. I have now been kicking around the idea of getting a .22 Magnum. It's really not a question of "if" more like what kind. I am not worried about the ammo because I have recieved some from a friend. If you were going to buy any .22 Magnum Revolver our there, which one and why? I am looking for something that isn't going to break the bank and although it isn't a must, I would really like to find something that I can mount a scope on. The only one that I have found to meet that requirement so far is the Ruger and that is a little more then I am looking to pay for a .22 Magnum. What say you guys?

Jon

Comments

• wayneptlwayneptl Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Howdy!I haven't been looking long, but there doesn't seem to be too many .22 magnum handgun auto loaders out there. The only one I've seen so far is the AMT Automag. Can anyone advise me on the AMT or any other .22 Mag. auto loaders out there?Txs, Wayne+
    Peace,Wayne+Wayne Baumgartnerwayne@hometownone.comwww.motivatedagent.com
  • MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .22 Mag shells do not feed well in semi autos I would imagine is the main reason you have not seen many of these out there. The AMT has not a a great track record either with their model. I dont believe any one else is a making one in a semi auto hadgun.
  • adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    Stay away from the AMT AutoMag II. Mine used to fly apart on a regular basis just from shooting it. Plus the hot brass kicked out very hard and often bounced back off the range dividers and landed on my arms, hands, head, etc. .22 mag brass is very hot and makes nice little burn marks on bare skin.My AMT eventually got stolen in a break-in and I honestly don't miss it.
  • steve45steve45 Member Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their was also a .22 magnum pistol called the Grendel, that had a stock 30rd mag. Ive never seen one but my in-law used to sell them. He was not favorably impressed.
  • b00merb00mer Member Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats odd ,I have a stainless Automag II and I have had no problems except it don't like remington ammo. functions great with winchester or cci ammo. Would not take less then 500.00 for mine, but thats my two pennies worth. sniperz06@yahoo.com