In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

coyote size ?

hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
we just had a new state record posted in our sunday paper . how big is your record ?

here is the newspaper article out of our sunday sports (buffalo evening news feb 7 ,04 page -c-9 :

RECORD COYOTE
environtal conservation officer bob doe at the cortland office has confirmed a state record coyote taken this season in hilton, northwest of rochester (is that near you woods ?) the 115 pound coyote had been previously seen at seperate times chaseing a deer and a dog .

my pal sent me the pic of the large coyote laying next to a deer and i told him it was bull bababooey . man he is all over me with this newspaper article .

what do you guys think ?

wrench .

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did not see a pic but would bet it is the one that has been on here before. Just a joke.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    its a joke

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • ryan_marineryan_marine Member Posts: 635
    edited November -1
    I have seen the pic. It is B.S. Look at the officer's name. bob doe.... please tell me your not beliving this guy or this paper. It is some good computer work and that is all it is.

Ray

More Powder, More Lead, More Dead
  • timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Wrench, I don't know, only saw one up close, pushed it with my foot, killed on the highway and was still kinda flexible, thought about skinning it but changed my mind, one hip skinned pretty bad on concrete. Anyway, I doubt it weighed 40 pounds, maybe more like 35. I've got a lazy old Weimeraner and she's got to be twice as big as this coyote was.
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I posted the same picture on here a while back and it was supposed to be killed here in Pa. It's a hoax!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Here in NM coyote season is all year long. It is a varmit here. Sooooo PA were is that picture of that 10 point jackalope taken in McKean County [:p]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • hdwrenchhdwrench Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    look i know the pic is a hoax. i tend to believe a newspaper article has a little more foundation .

what im asking is what is your states coyote record weight ?