In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Another reason why the US should leave the UN

sundownersundowner Member Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2002 in General Discussion
So the US is getting slammed at The Earth Summit over in South Africa. The US now donates $15 billion annually to developing countries, more than any other nation. They don't like us, let's keep our damned money and use it here, for our people.

Speaking of developing countries, you think anyone there is saying anything about the bullsh*t in Zimbabwe? Let's see, take the working, producing farms of a third world nation and turn them back into non-producing plots of barren ground and let the people of the nation starve and beg for aid. Now that is progress! We don't want to produce anything, how about if someone just gives it to us? You folks in the US are rich . . .

Edited by - sundowner on 08/30/2002 18:01:44

Comments

• Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tell ya why we should leave the UN, cause they are a buncha p*ssyfied smurfs...

If I'm wrong please correct me, I won't be offended.

The sound of a 12 gauge pump clears a house fatser than Rosie O eats a Big Mac !
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Sense when did the "people" of the US say it was O.K. to join the UN?
    A government "of" the people "by" the people "for " the people?
  • Options
    n4thethrilln4thethrill Member Posts: 366 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well here is my .02 I think withdrawing is the absolutely the dumbest thing that we could do. Before you loose your cool I do not like the UN at all but it is the largest power in modern history. I do not agree with what goes on but we sure wouldn't if we didn't have any say so in the matters. It would be committing suicide like when the southern states gave up their congressional seats who is going to hear our voice if we aren't there? If we withdrew who would take our place? We also would loose the blanket of protection that is there (if a country declares war on us they have to fight the whole UN) not just us. I know that there are those among us that think that we are the "greatest military nation" I am afraid that without the UN we would have to face several nations at once and would be overpowered quickly. Who among us thinks that "our friends" China and Japan and Russia-the soviet union, and Germany would sit quietly by while the "bully" nation lost it's strength well that's all I got to say about that.

you can be king or street sweeper but everyone is going to dance with the reaper
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just never forget that the Srebrenica Massacre of 7 to 8 thousand Bosnian men took place when the UN talked the Bosnians into giving up their guns and moving to the UN "safe area" of Srebrenica where they would be protected by those stalwart critics of the USA: the Dutch. Check it out on Google if you want to see why we don't want any part of the UN.
  • Options
    thesoundguy1thesoundguy1 Member Posts: 680
    edited November -1
    The U.N. needs the U.S. more than the U.S. needs the U.N.!The United States is the single largest source of money for U.N. projects!
    I also would not count on U.N. allies for defense of the U.S.(Our fouding fathers provided for that with the 2nd. amendment).Many
    of our allies rely on us for support of their own national defence.

www.waveformwear.com
    The new wave in free expression.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just believe the UN thinks way too highly of itself. They believe they are the emerging One World Government, and by God they are trying to live up to the role. They fill up human rights committees with representatives from places like Iraq, China, Syria, and Saudi Arabia -- while pulling seats from the US. They try to tell us what we can and cannot do. They want us to change our laws (like our Bill of Rights) so they don't have such a hard time when they show up for some "policing" here.

Damn near every member country of the UN seems to despise us, but as thesoundguy pointed out, they need us in order to exist. The UN is a parasite. Without the US, they are poor and toothless. If we were to pull our troops from current UN deployments, those places would fall into chaos because they cannot do it without us. Maybe its just that they are all jealous.

We ought to pull our membership, tell 'em to pack their bags and get the hell out of NY, and tell them that we will be happy to send a courier by Geneva to relay our thoughts on matters, but we don't really give a dang what they think. And we are deploying a missle shield. And we are going to blow the hell outta Iraq, and Iran if we feel like it, and maybe Saudi Arabia if they keep giving us lip. We have no allies in the UN except maybe the UK (on the days it isn't raining) and . . . ummmm . . . hmmmmm

Jeez . . . I know this is very simplistic in the worldly scheme of things and I must sound like I've been hanging out at the local John Birch Society hall, but the UN just bugs me. I'd really like to know George W's -- and many other politicians' -- honest thoughts about the UN. Not the crap they sell us on the tee-vee, but what they really think. At the very upper levels of our gov't, do we see them as a "paper tiger" that means nothing? Or do we see the organization as an important part of global economy? A very big puzzle.

By the way, has any government said a single word about the Zimbabwe situation? I think that Zimbabwe should not be available for any UN (or any other!) aid -- let 'em starve. They brought it on themselves. Just make sure Mugabe is homeless & hungry, too.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Judge Dread's perspective on this would also be interesting . . .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I think we should pack it in with NATO as well.The cold war is over!

www.waveformwear.com
  • Options
    charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I seem to recall when ragaen was president the U.S. had em almost thrown out of this country. The U.S. ambassador to the UN (can't recall his name) even made the statement that he "would be on the docks there in NYC to wave bye to them when they sailed".
    Instead of sailing i would like to be waving bye to that boat while it was sinking with that bunch of " hammer and sickle " kissing liberal riff-raff on board!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlie,
    I was just a kid, but I seem to remember hearing the same thing!

www.waveformwear.com
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I say let's move the UN building to one of the member nations in the EU, and let the EU support the UN.

And while we are at it, no more welfare to third world countries, that bite the hand that feeds it.

Enough is enough.

"The great object is that every man.... everyone who is able may have a gun." Patrick Henry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hell, put the UN building on a leaky barge, and push it in the Atlantic!

www.waveformwear.com
  • Options
    fergusonmorse392fergusonmorse392 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE BEST THING THE U.S. COULD DO, IS DROP OUT!!!!! STOP GIVING THEM MONEY, STOP SENDING TROOPS, LET THEM SUPPORT THEMSELVES IF THEY CAN, (NOT LIKELY) IF NOT FOR US, THEY WOULD HAVE GONE UNDER YEARS AGO, DON'T NEED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IT'S WAY PAST TIME FOR THE NATIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD TO BACK US IN A FIGHT FOR FREEDOM!!!!!! FIGHT THE WAR AGAINST TERRORISM, WITH US OR AGAINST US, YOUR CHOICE!! THINK ABOUT IT WHEN YOU VOTE IN NOVEMBER!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't belive we should pull out of the UN, but like turbo says; "no more welfare to third world countries, that bite the hand that feeds it." Just think of what this country would be like if instead of giving the third world countries money & resources (the ones that despise us), we gave that money to US based industries to keep their plants and production facilities at home instead of Mexico, Brazil and all the other places with cheap labor ... The US economy would BOOM again, and we would be self-supporting again ... as it is, we can't even build an car without importing components ... much less a bomber or fighter jet ...

We just need to get some balls and tell the UN "It's our money and we'll spend it where we want, on who we want ... and if you don't like it, we'll just keep it and you all can just eat * and die."

======================================================
    Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The US. is used way to much by everyone but its on people.

Best!!

Rugster

Toujours Pret
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    The U.S. is the worlds whore and the worlds pimp all rolled up in a tidy package!!