In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Ever back talk to your MA? What happened?

WagionWagion Member Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I once called my mom a onager when I was a teenager. She backhanded me with a ceramic coffee cup across the face hit me in the jaw broke the cup made me see stars and put me on my knees

If force ain't work'n... Your not use'n nough of it.
I know the spelling is bad but guess what I DON'T CARE

Comments

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    My mom just told my Dad, who is 6'4" and 225.

He is 69 and still scares the crap out of me!

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • h4ckthish4ckthis Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    (a) Flyswatter

(b) Cut your own switch

(better not bring back a small one)

(c) Hand to the face

and guess what....I love my mom :)

"That a well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the proper, natural, and safe defence of a free state..."
    Article 13
    Virginia Bill of Rights
  • SwwboSwwbo Member Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Mom had that evil eye.. I only got spanked once as a child and that was by my Dad..
  • jwhardingjwharding Member Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It wasn't a spanking where I came from It was a good old A$# Whooping.

fc6cb6ef.gif
  • trusta45trusta45 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got a face full of press on nails.I love that woman though.Ma no hard feelings.
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    My dad's 82 and still would whup my butt if he thought I needed it.

When I was growing up, mom took care of business at home. Whoa be it if dad found out. Another butt whupping!

Funny story. My lil brother once ran from mom in the front yard. We've all seen those oak trees with 2 trunks. Well...he was lookin back to see where mom was, and when he looked back, he centered the double trunked trees with his face. Skint both of his face cheeks up real good. What did mom do? Picked him up, whupped his butt, then tended to his skint face!

I LOVE YOU, MOM!!

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • mark christianmark christian Member Posts: 24,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just one time when I was about 16. I was supposed to mow the lawn and was in no real hurry to do it. When my mother returned home from work she asked when this gardening project was going to be getting under way and I snapped back with "When I get damed good and ready". WHACK! I got a slap across the chops that sent me to my kness and a lecture about how I was to NEVER speak to her using that tone again. Needless to say I broke all known mowing records that afternoon!

Mark T. Christian
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Back talk = Back hand,then it was "wait till your dad gets home". Good thing Gramma & Grampa lived across the street,saved my bacon more than once! Dad was a lineman with a oil soaked belt,only got it when i deserved it though. He's 6'2',220lbs,73yrs old, and i still wouldn't try him!
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    My left cheek was suddenly a darker shade of red than my right cheek.

Once had a hired hand that told me that he would rather take an a%% whoopin from my pa than an * chewing from my ma.

Knew exactly what that guy meant!!!
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember those hinges on the top and bottom of refrigerator doors?
    Mom took a swing at me, I ducked, her fist hit the hinge.
    That was the last time I remember.
    Grandma used a switch from the creek.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.robrob8.com/games/slap_the_monkey.htm
    This might give ya good idea [:D][;)]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Pretty much the same thing...We were to never complain about what Mom fixed us to eat, when I was 15 Mom fixed okra and I said "YUCK", Dad backhanded me and I flipped over backwards in my chair. You bet the next time she fixed it I said "YUM". Never talked back to her, kinda like the death penalty around my house.[:D]

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I knew what would happen when dad got home. No sir, never went there!
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    1 lava soap
    2wooden spoons
    3 grandpa would make me dig a fighting hole
    4 when dad came home a severe beating
    5 kicked out of the house
    6 no dinner for me
    7 get locked in my room

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    SEMPER FI
  • DIRTYRATDIRTYRAT Member Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still can't figure out how my Mom could drive a car and beat the "livin-shint" out of three of us while driving[B)]...In her prime, I would have put her up against "Iron Mike", She would have taken His ear[:D]

"I AM MY OWN WORST ENEMY"
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Nothin till Poppy came home and then there was hell to pay!!!

Usually it was Blackie that got beat he was the bad one!!!![:p][^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,871 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    There was none of this "wait 'till your dad gets home" around our house. Mom was plenty capable of dispensing punishment. I deserved every whoopin' I ever got.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just once. Came home from school and the first words out of her mouth was to go clean my room. I spouted back "no hi kiss my butt or nothing".

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never mouthed at either parent. Mom wouldn't argue to get me to do something but simply say.. Your Dad will be home soon...
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    No way!!
    Not after I saw what happened to my older brother when he did!![:0]

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • HUNT WALKERSHUNT WALKERS Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Figured out real quick not to back talk my mom, or make funny faces behind her back. Just haven't figured out how the he!! she could see the faces with her back turned!
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I only got one good one when i was about 13-14 years old from mom. was arguing with her about something when my friends were over and i was tring to showoff when i went outside i turned around and flipped off the house well she seen it(through the wall). she walked out didn't say a word just walked over and punched me right on the nose and droped me on my * turned around and went back inside.

"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others"
  • jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My dad was pretty easy going, but my mom has a temper that want let up. Once I backed talk her and she beat me with a belt until she was wore out. I wish I would have gotten my dads personality.
  • jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Moms have eyes in the back of their heads. And when they are not around to see the mischief you are doing, their spy network will take care of making sure she knows.
    Mom was little, dad was NOT. He could cover your head with those hands of his. "Just wait 'til your father gets home" brought immediate compliance. And if the infraction was not too egregiuos, alot of shmoozing might make her forget to follow through.

"If there must be trouble let it be in my day, that my child may have peace" -Thomas Paine

If the people have become so apathetic that they will not vote out all the liberal scum (republican and democrat alike), the only solution is Constitutional Convention II the sequel. Let's get it right this time.
  • rcrxmike_2rcrxmike_2 Member Posts: 3,275
    edited November -1
    let's see, poppy had a nice wooden paddle. PaBooger had his frat paddle....i got to see how that worked once.....ma? all hundred pounds would be hangin from my hair. [:D]quote:Originally posted by pabooger
    Nothin till Poppy came home and then there was hell to pay!!!

Usually it was Blackie that got beat he was the bad one!!!![:p][^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!

JOIN PETA! (PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS) I didn't climb to the top of the food chain to have a salad and spring water!
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    I called my Moma #$tch once when I was about 15. I thought I mumbled it sufficiently that she didn't hear it. I was brought to the full realization that her hearing is way better than I gave her credit for when I was swatted across my mouth with my little brother's sneaker, which my Mom had been helping him put on. I got a split lip out of that one, and I started to understand the meaning of that old saying,"This is gonna hurt you more than it does me."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it that the former does not submit to hereditary predjudices, but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - Albert E.

On my tombstone:"Keep you eyes on the road, your hands upon the wheel..."the Lizard King
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    SMACK ....SMACK....WHAT WAS THAT YOU SAID BOY!!!!!!!!!!

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mum was 5'3" in her prime. We'd catch a whack for back talk quicker than for any other offense. I was 14 the last time she tried. Had gone through a growth spurt and I was now over 6' tall. Popped off to her one morning and she backed me into the bathroom, swinging open hands all the way. I managed to block each shot which only frustrated her and made her angrier. Finally, she yells, "Put down your hands so I can hit you!", to which I naturally replied, "No way!". At that, the absurdity of her request hit her and we both ended up holding our sides from the laughtrer. Sure do miss the old girl.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Headed for the front door when Mom asked me to get to the well for a bucket of water. I mumbled something like "Oh crap." and kept going. Two seconds later a lump of coal the size of a tennis ball exploded on the back of my head. I got the water and she treated the cut with Witch Hazel. Cruel and unusual to a 12-year-old hotshot.

She's still with us, God bless her.

Clouder..
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Mom was never there, left when I was 3.[V] The old man had a short temper, most of the time I knew where his red line was and I did'nt pass it. If I did pass it he would clip me in the head faster than a welterweight.[B)] About the time I was 17 he came after me and I told him if he proceeded I was gonna clip him back, he decided not to proceed and never attempted to clip me again.

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.