In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sandra Bullock donates $1 Million

mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
Some celebs are stepping up.

Miley Cyrus $.5 million

Rachael Ray $1 million to animal shelter

I missed some other big donors.

Looks like some are stepping up. I'd like to see a full list of big donors. Maybe Trump is leading in a way that is positive after all.

Comments

• Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    gotta say. the million to the animal shelter doesn't impress me much. could be used for people. should be used for people. but its her money
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JJ Watts started a page to raise cash and supposed to be huge now too. I do always wonder how much of what is pledged is actually collected.

Lots of people will appreciate the furry family members being cared for that may have slipped away. I got no beef with that as you say it is her money.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Wild TurkeyWild Turkey Member Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    gotta say. the million to the animal shelter doesn't impress me much. could be used for people. should be used for people. but its her money

Lotta folks worry about their pets and it can cause a lot of stress. Helping with the critters will reduce a lot of problems for the displaced folks and the first responders who are trying to help.
  • Options
    bullshotbullshot Member Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dogs are people too. [^]
    "Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    sorry guys. I know there are a lot of animal people here. just not at the top of my priority list. but like I said. its her money
  • Options
    hillbillehillbille Member Posts: 14,179 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot

Dogs are people too. [^]

gotta agree with that, I woke up a few time in the service and looked over to see I had been sleeping with a real dog, a real bitc... after she woke up.......[:0]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Leonardo DiCaprio's foundation $1 million to United Way

Kardashians $.5 million Red Cross and Salvation Army
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texas Rangers baseball (Dallas) donated $1,000,000

Houston Rockets basketball team owner donated $4,000,000
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:gotta say. the million to the animal shelter doesn't impress me much. could be used for people. should be used for people. but its her money

They got to eat and be housed too,,everyone thinks of the people,,not many think of the Animals,,If I had it,,mine would go to an Animal shelter also
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suppose they are doing it for the tax windfall they on the backs of the victims like CNN accused Trump of doing. CNN - scum of the earth.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warbirds

Any word on any of the NFL owners stepping up? If the NFL could cough up $50 million or so, I might start watching again.
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Haiti is still waiting on the clintons to build that hospital they promised with the hundreds of millions of dollars they raised that went to the clinton foundation. How do people get away with that sort of thing? Anybody else would be killed or shunned for life for a lot less than that.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Turkey

Lotta folks worry about their pets and it can cause a lot of stress. Helping with the critters will reduce a lot of problems for the displaced folks and the first responders who are trying to help.

Yep. The shelter's won't allow pets, so a lot of people would not go to shelters to try to stay and help their pets. So it's a good thing that somebody is helping out the People by helping their pets. I know I couldn't go sleep in a nice dry place not knowing if my dog is okay

So really it is helping people, by helping their pets
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Turkey

I appreciate her focus on pets, these people have lost everything else saving their pet may be the only part of this event that keeps them sane. Some folks just don't see any value in companion animals, their loss.
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its nice that someone is thinking about the animals (furry family members) at a time like this. I have seen a couple of reports where familys had to evacuate and leave their pets behind. I don't know if I could make a decision like that.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,181 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it impresses me a Hell of a lot [;)], I tip my hat to her for specifying where her donation is going. She's A-1 in my opinion by doing so. [:)]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    milesmiles Member Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our local animal shelters here are asking for people to foster a dog or cat for a week due to the shelter being over crowded with animals that they are bringing up here from the Houston area.

Looks like everyone is doing what they can during this time of need in Texas.

From what I've seen and heard, it will be years (If ever) that Houston is rebuilt and back to the way it was once was.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Pepsi $1 million and bottled water
    Amazon $1million

Walmart $1 million

Home Depot $1 million and truckloads to retailers

I have liked Rachael Rays cooking show. I have watched her turn into the plump little cute thing over the years. Her food looks so good, and it shows.

More about dogs getting relief, but I suppose some of the money will rescue cats and other critters. I applaud her for this donation, she stepped up above and beyond.

And considering many of the humans who receive help will be ungrateful, I am glad that the furry friends who would give their lives for their people, are getting some respect and recognition.

And not to minimize some celebs for donating what to me would be $5, they still give. I just think that these folks, dancing monkeys, who give, rise to a little better status in my eyes. Those who give in this larger sum, get my attention for sure.

I had just watched a Sandra movie the day before, She's a good little dancing monkey. [:D]

I have some serious issues with the likes of Ellen Degeneris donating $25k and grabbing the spotlight like she saved the world. But she did give, so Kudos.

Miley Cyrus giving $500,000 was very nice, her interview was a bit strange. Maybe she is trying to buy her way back to America, since she was supposed to leave.

But... They did give, motivations aside, they stepped up.

But Rachael Ray donating really did impress me. She did it out of her heart. She did it for the people who lost animals, and the animals themselves who are in trouble.
  • Options
    Jim RauJim Rau Member Posts: 3,550
    edited November -1

I agree with you! I love animals, but this is pure BS!!![:(!] Any one who puts animal life/needs ahead of human life/needs are IDIOTS!!![V]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jim Rau

I agree with you! I love animals, but this is pure BS!!![:(!] Any one who puts animal life/needs ahead of human life/needs are IDIOTS!!![V]

You go save Hillary, I'll go save Bravos pit bull. See who gets the better deal [:D]
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,486 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

Remain clam, Jim.

It is better to give to an animal shelter than to not give at all, right?

There are 10s of millions of dollars going to the relief effort, most of it through the Red Cross, Salvation Army, and other efforts for people. The $ 1 million is a small percentage of the total being donated, and to suggest that Ms. Ray is putting puppies ahead of people is just unfair.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    where are amy schumer, ashley judd, madona, michael moore, bruce springstien, beyonce, jay z, ans snoop dogs donations ?

they all sure donated against trump without hesitation
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus

Remain clam, Jim.

It is better to give to an animal shelter than to not give at all, right?

There are 10s of millions of dollars going to the relief effort, most of it through the Red Cross, Salvation Army, and other efforts for people. The $ 1 million is a small percentage of the total being donated, and to suggest that Ms. Ray is putting puppies ahead of people is just unfair.

Yes please remain clam, she's not giving the money to save shell fish. [;)]
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jim_lemay
    quote:Originally posted by bullshot

Dogs are people too. [^]

Children who will never grow up. Pets are family. You take care of family.

My dog will (and has) done his best for me.

I'll be damned if I will not do the same for him.

(And) Thanks mag00.

You would (by far,) get the better deal.
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd rather donate to dogs than most people.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    you start downing dogs on this forum. its about like the liberals. you either agree with them, or your wrong. to give a million dollars to pets when a tragedy like this is happening is absolute craziness. human life is what is important. if a dog was really my best friend. if I really felt like a dog was an indispensable member of my family. I would seek help. not popular, but my goodness ive never heard of such stuff. a million dollars for animals. sometimes I wonder about sanity in this country.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,748 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, the dogs I have had ,,Labs were all very good friends to me. Always waiting when I got home from work with a happy mode. More than I can say for either wife.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hats off to anyone who does anything for the efforts for flood victims in Texas.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Having been on these relief missions in both the US and Caribbean, I have seen the response when we give to people.

* and moan about what we are feeding them or where we are housing them or why weren't we there BEFORE the storm hit (be it hurricane or tornado)

Then you find the animals and give them some food and water and a soft hand to help them out. They don't growl or snap at you or turn their noses up at what is offered. They are genuinely happy to be saved.

I am one of those sickos I suppose that 204 thinks needs to seek help. My dogs have always been and always will be members of my family.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,837 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mag00
    quote:Originally posted by Warbirds

Any word on any of the NFL owners stepping up? If the NFL could cough up $50 million or so, I might start watching again.

Yes- and they have stepped up generously. The Dallas Cowboys have donated and raised over $2,000,000 and many other teams are stepping up as well.

http://tinyurl.com/ybuborfp
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by medic07
    Having been on these relief missions in both the US and Caribbean, I have seen the response when we give to people.

* and moan about what we are feeding them or where we are housing them or why weren't we there BEFORE the storm hit (be it hurricane or tornado)

Then you find the animals and give them some food and water and a soft hand to help them out. They don't growl or snap at you or turn their noses up at what is offered. They are genuinely happy to be saved.

I am one of those sickos I suppose that 204 thinks needs to seek help. My dogs have always been and always will be members of my family.

+1
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The poor critters didn't CHOOSE to live in hurricane alley or REFUSE to get out when the getting was good!
    Rachel Ray would probably spit on me because she HATES conservatives, so I have little use for the plump, little witch. But, I hope the critters get some relief because of her generosity.
    Let the idiot humans look elsewhere for help.
    Arrivederci gigi