In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Coming to work sick, really!

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
We have a great sick policy that pays us 100% of our pay if we are sick. Because of that, we are TOLD not to come to work if we are contagious. We are told to stay home until we are free from fever for 24 hours to prevent getting our fellow employees sick.

Monday, we had a woman come to work hacking, coughing and running fever. She was told to go home, but she refused. She was sick and still is, and keeps coming in to work. Monday, we had a staff meeting in a small conference room, and this morning, all of us who were in there with her while she sprayed her "mist" on all of us, are coming down with the same crap.

Thank you! Now I get to be sick for all of the holidays, and take this home to Sandy as well.

I'm not running fever yet, and neither is anyone else, but we are all going home as soon as it shows up. I may be heading home after lunch just to be safe.

Idiots.

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They should have made her go home.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    They should have made her go home.

If she had reported to me, I would have sent her home. Her boss decided no to, and now he's one of us who is coming down with this crappy stuff. Serves him right.
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,475 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    some people do not or will not think of others [V]
  • Options
    goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I had a boss come into work one day throwing up in a trash can. Ignorant people tick me off[xx(]
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by goldeneagle76
    I had a boss come into work one day throwing up in a trash can. Ignorant people tick me off[xx(]

That might have been a side effect of too much drinking and not enough sleep.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had to go to the Dr for a med check(BPO meds) last Dec and ended up with the flu days later. I attribute it to the sick people in the waiting area that wouldn't wear a mask. There was a box of masks at the check in with a sign, but many of the sniffling hackers wouldn't take one. My wife ended up in the hospital because of the flu. [:(!]

They need to have an employee monitor the waiting area and make people wear a mask.
  • Options
    sxsnufsxsnuf Member Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Posted by Dheffley:
    " there with her while she sprayed her "mist" on all of us,"

I get "misted" on every day at work.
    I figgered it was just part of working for corporate america.
    Youre fortunate its a rare occurence at your place of employment.
    Arrivederci gigi