In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Parts guns as opposed to new guns

taxijohntaxijohn Member Posts: 111 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Can some of you explain to me the advantages of buying let's say a bulagarin parts set, ak-47 without a receiver and geting the receiver elsewhere rather than just buying an ak-47 new in the box? What do you NOT wnat to do to break the laws? Is there anyplace on the web that explains this? Thanks and Happy Holidays.

Comments

• Options
    thesupermonkeythesupermonkey Member Posts: 3,905 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check www.Ak-47.net...Every thing you ever wanted to know about the Kalashinkov.[This message has been edited by thesupermonkey (edited 12-13-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'll ty that, but I think I've been there and the info is limited as far as parts guns explained. Someone need to update that site.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TaxiJohn,The law states any new weapons may not have more than 2 of the black listed features : detachable mag, folding stock, pistol grip, bayonet, threaded barrel and must have a certian percentage of US made parts. To allow importation of the Sars(Romanian Parts Kits) and some other aks, Century Arms had to replace 5 components with US made parts. I don't remember them off the top of my head but Global Trades sells the kit. www.Ak-47.net Look under the section "Build it Yourself"...Hope that helps...Munkey
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes Monk, let em check it out. The thing is, when you add up the price of the parts kit and the receiver, it is alomost 2 times the cost of just getting a new one.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Precisely...Not to mention the labor involved.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Monkey, I registered on ak-47.net, lots of info there, thanks again..