In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Sharpton Nixed Terror Victims for Arafat Lunch

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
Sharpton Nixed Terror Victims for Arafat LunchWhat was billed as a fence-mending trip to Israel turned divisive on Monday, when presidential hopeful Rev. Al Sharpton cancelled a meeting with Jewish terrorism victims to have lunch instead with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat. The Sharpton-Arafat sit-down outraged trip organizers."I worked on his intinerary with the Israeli consul general, and he was supposed to meet with the students who survived the Tel Aviv bombing attack," Rabbi Marc Schneier told the New York Daily News.Schneier heads up the Foundation for Ethnic Understanding, which has worked to repair damaged relations between blacks and Jews."The purpose of the (Sharpton) trip was to demonstrate solidarity with Jewish victims of terror," he added. "If I was going to reconcile with the Jewish communtiy, I would not be meeting with Yasser Arafat."Sharpton's decison to diss Jewish terror victims conjured up memories of his last visit to Israel in 1992, when he tried to serve papers on a Hasidic driver involved in the car accident that sparked the Crown Heights riots.Encountering shouts of "Go to Hell" at the Tel Aviv airport, Sharpton shot back, "I already am in hell." http://www.newsmax.com/showinsidecover.shtml?a=2001/10/30/92517

Comments

• Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No surprise there.
    So many guns to buy. So little money.
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Only in America could scumbags like Sharpton or Jesse Jackson get mainstream exposure.If it weren't for the liberals and the liberal press people like them would be sweeping out the bus station.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    jazzjazz Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Al "racism is a white thing" Sharpton! Thatilliterate boob couldn't find his way out ofhis own car in broad daylight! His mouth runsahead of his brain. How can anyone take thisa**hole seriously when any intelligent sub-ject is brought up for discussion? He is aracist of the first order!