In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SNIPER1048, where can I pick one of these up...

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in General Discussion
at a decent price. The problem is that I know what they cost new. I am not much on giving away money needlessly. I understand that they are great weapons as I have fired a new on which has been in storage. My buddy won't sell it to me now matter the offer. I can't justify 2000 for that weapon. If I do, I want factory scope mounts, bipod, bayonett, flash hider etc. I got a nice 6.5-06 improved on a weatherby mark V action that I wouldn't be opposed to throwing in on a deal if someone was interested. Got about $1500 in the parts and gunsmithing on that one. Also have custom redding dies and lapua brass.

Comments

• Options
    SNIPER1048SNIPER1048 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JUSTC: TRY THE RIFLE CATAGORY AT GUNBROKER.COM; CLICK ON SEMI-AUTO. THEN SEARCH BY TYPING IN H&K 91. YOU CAN GO WITH A GENERAL SEARCH FROM THE HOME PAGE BUT YOU END UP WITH PARTS,ACCES. ETC. THAT YOU HAVE TO WADE THROUGH. YOU CAN ALSO TRY www.hkpro.com WHICH IS SEMI-OFFCIAL H-K WEBSITE. THEY HAVE A FORUM JUST FOR H-K LONG GUNS FOR SALE. THEY ALSO HAVE A FORUM JUST FOR ACCES. FOR ALL H-K'S. I HOPE YOU HAVE DEEP POCKETS!
    "START THE BALL ROLLING THERE, TECTOR"
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ignoring all of "SNIPERS" answers I will sayThe M1A built by a good smith will out shoot any HK.True 1 MOA rifles with iron sights.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    What cpermd said!!!!! BTDT.Mudge
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-10-2001).]
  • Options
    jujujuju Member Posts: 6,321
    edited November -1
    I have an HK 91 and a M1A and the M1A does in fact shoot rings around the HK. The M1a is the most accurate rifle I have (military style). If you can see it you can hit it.Just my .o2Oh, what mudge said!
  • Options
    SNIPER1048SNIPER1048 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GENTLEMEN: YOUR QUALIFYING STATEMENT "AN M1A BULIT BY A GOOD SMITH WILL OUT SHOOT AN H-K"IS THE RUB. MY TOY COST $600 OUT OF THE BOX AND WITH THE ACCES.THAT I HAVE INSTALLED ON IT; IT LOOKS LIKE SOME THING RIGHT OUT OF STAR WARS!THE VERY STRANGE LOOKS I GET AT THE RANGE! IT WILL ALSO FIT IN A SPACE 34" BY 14" WITH SCOPE AND 20 RD. MAG. INSTALLED. IF I CAN'T SEE THE TARGET WITH THE IRON SIGHTS; I CAN CLICK ON THE SCOPE MOUNT IN ABOUT 5 SEC. WITH NO LOSS OF ZERO. EVERY ONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION, BUT WITH MY 91 THAT I HAVE HAD FOR 20 YEARS, I CAN CALL MYSELF AN EXPERT WITH IT. OH! BY THE WAY, I ALSO SLEEP WITH IT!
    "START THE BALL ROLLING THERE, TECTOR"[This message has been edited by SNIPER1048 (edited 11-11-2001).]
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As usual cpermd has a great answer. Go with the M1A and you will never regret it. I'd just say that a really good gunsmith can get your M1A under 1 MOA. Plus you can shoot it in competition and see just how good you really are with it.You know I recently went through SDVT-2's armoury and they had a batch of tricked out M-14's with more bells and whistles than you can shake a stick at....with their budget they only buy the very best....the also rans get thrown away. There wasn't an HK-91 anywhere in the armoury. Not saying it isn't a good rifle...it's just not good enough for the best. Beach
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input guys. Looks like I need to do some borrowing and shooting side by side.