In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anybody collect old bullet boxes?

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I probably have in the neighborhood of 30 or so duplicate boxes, if anyone wants to maybe trade back and forth to expand their collections. i use them as decorations in my gameroom scattered in and out of my decoys and mounts.

Comments

• Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JustC, there is a market for these, particularly if they are colorful (largely pre-WW2) and in good or better condition. In terms of desirability, my subjective impression is that interest ranges (from top to bottom): shotshell, .22, rifle, handgun. Pre-1900 boxes appeal, as do large rimfire. You would probably have better luck auctioning them than trying to find someone with whom to trade.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks iconoclast, I just kinda like em sitting around the game room as decorations. A little bit of the past to decorate the present. I have the old remington boxes that were green and red. The winchester boxes that were yellow as well as some of the blue/yellow ones. I have hornady match boxes that were a drab brownish and white, some all red remington boxes, and some frontier boxes that were orange and black.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    C, My son collects them big time. He has a heck of a lot of money tied up in them and still buying! If you have some rare and or real old ones I'm sure he would be interested in them. Rosie
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Rosie, I will take an inventory over the next few days and try to explain, as best I can, the ones I have. If your son has some duplicates that I don't, we can help to expand each other's collections. I'll let you know as time permits. Thanks.