In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

BERETTA

Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Okay they have a Beretta vertec .40 at a store here for about $550 tax and everything, its has about 200-250 rounds though it and Im thinking about buying it. Now the Vertecs are as reliable and accurate as the regular model 96fs's right? If anyone owns a Vertec have you experienced any problems with it?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does a Beretta 96fs and 92fs have a decocker? Can you cock it, decock it, and have it be double action of the first shot then single action after that? And can you have it cocked back on single action and locked with the safty on, and it be single action after the first shot? Or is this just possible with Taurus?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Had the opportunity to buy into a raffle for a Beretta 686 White Cloud shotgun. Tickets were $25 each or 5 for $100. I have always said that I could have every ticket but one and still not win, but I figured that it would be worth spending $100 for 5 chances on this. Ads say retail is $1925.00. Does this sound accurate?
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Yes. Yes. I don't know - you can't cock a Ruger and put the safety on, I don't know about Berettas.

We only have a few special years with our children in which they desire our time, attention, and love. After that time is over, it is gone forever, and we will be the ones that desire their time, attention, and love. Make those few, short years count -
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Beretta safely de-cocks when you apply the safety. Yes, the first shot is double action and the following shots are single action unless you cock the hammer for the first shot and then they are all single action. No, you can't carry with the hammer back and the safety on like a 1911. Applying the safety de-cocks the pistol.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Other than the 1911 designs, one of the only pistols I know of that can be carried cocked and locked is the HK USP. I was laso under the impression, (I have not researched to be sure) that the early model berettas did not have the decocker function, but like I said, I could be wrong about that.

When in doubt...empty the magazine!!