In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

IOR Valdada optics

JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
anyone who is looking at a long range scope,..and not wanting to spend the money for a nightforce NXS,..or Swarovski,..or Schmidt and Bender,..ect,..take a good hard look at these.

In preliminary tests at night and daytime focusing,..this scope seems to be one of the best I have ever used. The reticle is extremely useable for hunting as well as long range target aquisition/ranging. The thick crosshairs at the top,..and both horizontle axis' allows the bracketing of game in the low light situations. The thin inner crosshairs and 1/2mil spacing marks allows for very precise aiming points for holdover and holdunder at any range. At 24x they only cover .1mil at 100yds,..that equates to only 1 mil at 1000yds. The glass is coated with Zeiss T3 coatings and the lenses are the BEST glass produced at the Schott Glasswerks factory in Germany. Turret adjustments are metal to metal contact and the integral magnum lock located under the main housing is superb at controlling any internal movement of the erector tube under recoil. Before you spend your hard earned money,..give these a look. I know these may seem high priced to some,..but here are many alternatives out there that offer nowhere near the features these scopes offer,..and the glass is outstanding. The only feature they lack to the Nightforce NXS is the illuminated reticle. Other than that,...like I said,..these are superb scopes. Unbeleiveable clarity and focus ability. Leupold has nothing on these and I own and have owned the flagship scopes they produce.

www.valdada.com

also,..www.cactustactical.com will beat the advertised retail by $200 or better.

AND,...NO I don't work for them[:D][8D] maybe some day[8)]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
Got Balistics?

Comments

• Options
    cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks JustC
    i just looked and bookmarked both sites.
    Doc
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cowdoc,...you won't be sorry. The current light gun 1000yd world record holder has one on his gun. He actually let me take clicks on his scope at the match at quantico!! He told me to do whatever I wanted to do,..just "please put it back where I had it set". Rich de Simone is a super nice guy. The scope on his gun sold me on buying one. It is absolutely designed for anything you could want to do with it. They have been asking benchrest shooters for several years how to improve them,and have started developement on some dot reticles as well. I got the MP8 reticle,..same as Rich's gun. If he can win and set records with a ranging/hunting reticle,...that's all we need to know.

Sure would look sweet sitting atop one of your heavy barreled rigs,..and at the same price as a leupold LR M1,..I would lean toward the valdada. My M1 8.5-25 is lacking compared to this rig IMHO. The mil dot reticle is not as fine and has no thin holdover points like the valdada does.

Got Balistics?
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just this past weekend I picked up an IOR 4x hunting scope. Havent put it on a gun yet, but it looks great.
    JustC- Do you have any experience with their binoculars?

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D] You Brat! [:D][:D][:D]
    you had one and your not sharing!!!! GHD! JUSTC is not playing fare!

Just joking,[:D][:D][:D][:D] Think the 40x is still going to get an NXS. It might have to be a shared scope but, [:D]

hsas157x100.gif
    gun1.gif
    Proud Member of
    The Secret Society of
    Black Helicopter Pilots
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You mean to tell me just when I thought I had enough money wrapped up in my 1000m rifle I need to say good by to my leupold Vari-X III I won't make any promises, but I'll check them out, and I'll take a good look. You've done a good job for the rest of us bringing them to our attention. Thanks!

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Options
    HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    I watched them get started a few years ago..the scopes were priced dirt cheap.Being very smart,I decided to wait and let other folks try them.
    Well..they are among the best out there.Not exactly cheap any more..but best quality,according to people I have talked to.Now they will cost me nearly double what they WERE....

how to be so dumb to be so smart..I will never live long enough to make all the errors..[:(].[:D]

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They must be paying a better commission than Burris![V]

He Dog
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Salzo,...I can't speak for their binocs,..but their meopta line of spotters from my one time viewing are SUPER. The rep had one mounted on a tripod next to a swarovski and I have to admit,..for 2x the price,..the swarovski didn't beat it enough for me to buy one.

Dave W. Man,..you have to try one of these,..or at least do the side by side on it. the damn reticle is so fine and the holdover points are absolutely PRECISE. They space their "tick" marks as 1/2mils!!! This to me makes it 2x as precise as my Nightforce ranging reticles. Now,..lets not get out of context here,...I AM NOT saying at this point they are better,..but I will say this,..I went with the IOR over a 3rd nightforce this time. I put the extra money in IOR tactical rings and a 20moa base. The glass quality and reticle impressed the heck out of me. The only thing I see them lacking to the NXS is the illuminated reticle (which will be introduced late this year). Now,..will they withstand the abuse a Nightforce NXS will????? The NXS is possibly one of the strongest scopes on the face of the planet. But in a normal shooters life,...how many artillery hits at close proximity are you going to face?? The IOR adjustments feel to me to be as strong. They weigh lass,..which must come from the tube thickness. They also have less internal adjustment. This may be a concern for a shooter wishing to get beyond the 1000yd mark or who feels that clicking a scope up or down to it's max adjustment will sacrifice it's integrity (as has been a rule for a long time) But I just don't think this is true. I think the NXS as well as the IOR are strong enough to hold zero even at max adjustment. they simply feel so strong when they are clicked that I think the IOR will hold it's zero as well as any tactical rig out there.

These are just my preliminary observations and obviously field testing is in order,..but I saw one on the record holders gun,..so....

Got Balistics?