In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

There has been a change.....

robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
I'm not moving to CA after all. We've had so much of a problem trying to find affordable off base housing, while waiting for on base housing to become available, that I decided to call the monitor and have my orders changed. We're going to Camp Lejune, NC now. Not sure how to feel about it, but at least I can stop worrying about living in the most screwed up state in the U.S., with the highest cost of rent of any duty station I could have.
SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC

Comments

• Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob.....You'll love LeJeune. People down there are great. Kalifornia expensive??? Could have been worse. Hawaii, f'rinstance. OUCH!!!Mudge the traveller
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hawaii is actually not as expensive as you might think. With the housing subsidy that Uncle Sam offers you can do real well in off-base housing here. I am a member of a Military Rod & Gun club here, and have never heard the GI's grumbling about making ends meet.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,086 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deer hunting will be a problem in NC though, I think the season opens in August and is only open 'til about January. Worse, you are only allowed to take one per day!Can I come visit, please, please, please?Congrats, Rob enjoy!
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey robs when you get here look me up and we'll go burn some caps. This is a place with some great people. rlevan@ec.rr.com
    PC=BS
  • Options
    Captain 241Captain 241 Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rob you are going to like LeJeune a hell of a lot better than Kali whatever. I was there twice and had a great time. The natives are real friendly once you get to know them. Wish you the best there.
    If you need a Second Shot, YOU NEED MORE PRACTICE
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    You are going to feel better for the change. I spent some time going in and out of there. Camp Geiger has a warm spot in my heart.
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am going to be comin through for some boar hunts. Drop me a line when you get settled, maybe I will trailer the boat down and we can head for the coast for a couple of days when you got time. NC is a nice place.