In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bushnell Elite 4200 Questions.

RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I am looking at a Bushnell 8-32x40 Elite 4200 Scope. Never owned a high-power scope like this before. I only use Bushnell Trophy scopes now (3-9x40), and couldnt be happier but need a high-power for my 10/22 project.

How good are these scopes? Where is the best place to buy optics?

It will be going on this
GUN3.jpg

RUGER.jpgNRA_FLAG_2.gif

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis

Comments

• deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I second Rugergunz Question on the Bushy Elite scopes,RUGERGUNZ Where do i get one of those "Ruger" Marked laminated stocks I heard from my dealer that it was a limited run just the FFL's Got...is it true?

use_deer.jpg
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,451 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My preference runs to Burris, then Leupold, but for their price range the Bushnells are a solid buy. Take a look at www.bearbasin.com Natchez, or cheaper than dirt for price comparisons.

He Dog
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    deerhntr - As far as I know the model with the stock was 10/22 T/TS. There were about 600-800 made. They came with factory bull barrel. I lucked out and found this stock on ebay when I was in college with a T1 connection and sniped it. Still cost me alot, more than it would cost for a regular 10/22. The rest of the gun has been peicemealed over the years. Stainless Volquartsen reciever, Volquartsen THM Carbon Fiber barrel, Volquartsen TG2000 trigger group, Voquartsen bolt. I have alot of money into this one gun and want a scope that will get the most out of it.

You can get a stock similar to this without the RUGER engraved, from Boyds, Fajen or Revival in many differnt colors.

RUGER.jpgNRA_FLAG_2.gif

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." -- Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanalysis
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Rugergunz, Very nice piece indeed[;)]

use_deer.jpg
  • RUGERGUNZRUGERGUNZ Member Posts: 5,638 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hedog - Thanks for the info. Cheaper than Dirt was the best price but they are all sold out.

RUGER.jpgNRA_FLAG_2.gif

• JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the elite 4200 is super bright and recoil tested. If that is your decision,..go for it. 32x might be a tad much unless you are shooting for group/score,..but it can always be swapped over to a rifle capable of longer reach.

Also,..take a good look at the weaver grand slam. They have some super glass and are getting some great reviews from the long range guys.

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?