In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

The GHD account of the weekend in H'Burg!!

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
The weekend GB gathering in Harrisburg was a great time to be had by all attendees!
On arriving at the OUTDOOR SHOW on Friday, it didn't take long to meet up with the crew! Thanks to cell phones! If you've never seen this show, it's worth the trip! Also, if you've never been to Cabela's and seen the animal displays and the aquarium, you need to go!
Gunpaq and Janie met us and had dinner Friday nite but couldn't stay for the Saturday festivities. Certainly a fine couple!
njretcop and his wife are top notch people! She has got to be a saint! Charlie is one of the funniest people I've ever met! Thanks for the sore sides from laughing Charlie!!! HOWEVER....don't try to keep up with that darn chevy of his!!!
clair and the missus are a super couple also! I'm going to have to stop in and shoot a varmint or to with Craig this summer and maybe get a bulldozer driving lesson from his wife!
punchie and swwbo are fellow VA'ns so you know they are great folks! [:D]We will meet up sometime around here I'm sure! Maybe go to a drag race and then to a body of water where swwbo will be tossed in....ready or not!![}:)]
Just C and his dad made a long trip from the eastern shore to meet us all! Boyd Heaton(from a couple other forums and a 1000 yard Bench Rest shooter showed up and he an Justin had a "technical" discussion!
7mmNut made it down last night and brought the family! He is a fine guy that would love to meet everyone of you and if he's ever in your area with that big ole truck...he'll try!! He brought his custom 7mmRUM to sho and it's a beautiful gun! I hope he got to shoot today!!!!
Salzo came and met us at Cabelas and his family came along too! A few more meetings with him and we'll get his politics straightened out! [:D][:)][:D]
Pa and Ma.....what can you say? Never a dull moment around those two! A laugh a minute and wonder what kind of fiasco they can create next? Neither is safe around indoor plumbing!
All in all, A wonderful weekend! Plans are already being made for the next GB excursion! I hope we can even be bigger in number next time!!!
We arrived back home at 5:05PM just as Little E wrote history and the snow was starting! Within 30 minutes we have over an inch and I haven't checked the weather station to see what they're predicting! Thanks to all for the memories!!!! Mr and Mrs GHD

Comments

• bigt7mmbigt7mm Member Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D]Sounds(and looks)like a great time,Charlie! Wish we all coulda been there.

I'd like to plan something on my land(if I can get it ready) for this fall,maybe.[;)]Will keep ya posted!

Thanks for all the great pics!

"Been around the world and seen that only stupid people are breeding.The cretins cloning and feeding,and I don't even own a T.V."---Harvey Danger
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like fun.

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    No doubt, this is one where I wished I could have just got up and headed that way. But, alas, couldn't do it. Do plan on a hunt in Boogerland come fall, maybe be able to chase a couple of you down.

Giggle here, on Pa's post I just had to ask about Salzo and talkin' politics. Figured maybe ya converted him! [;)]
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Jerry: When the new Hunting book comes out this summer Ill send ya the dates for the different seasons, Deer season comes in the week after thanksgiving, and turkey usually is the three weeks prior! Maybe some others would like to come up and hunt!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • red dogred dog Member Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD I sure am glad you survived among all them YANKEES[:D]Glad you all had a great time & wish I could have stayed until you all arrived. Maybe next year. Red Dog
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah,....I got there late and didn't get to spend any time time talking to everyone. Just a handshake and an "I'm JustC". At which point I was shanghi'd by GHD and Boyd Heaton. GHD had a look of disbeleif when he heard the amount of powder Boyd and I were talking about burning with each primer. I think his response was something like a holy fooey and a laugh. Come on Charlie,...you know you want to burn 88-93grs each time,..just to smell the air[:D]

The gunbroker crew is a great bunch,...wish I had made it to the meeting sooner.[:(]

mabooger and pabooger took care of talking to my pops who rode with me just to spend some time with me. Much appreciated by the way guys.

njretcop was making jokes about joysticks and being in public,....sounds like we need to get him and the wife down here for some party's,....they should fit right in around the guys[8D]

Then,....the photo opportunity presented itslef,..and swwbo took control. Needless to say,...Dad learned how to work everyone's camera quickly,..hehehe. I think her user name is just about perfect.

Great to meet all you guys.[8D]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?