In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

JustC

FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Justin, I'm thinking you were the one who posted some information about VihtaVouri N110 powder used in a muzzle loader? If so, I have some questions.

I've been looking since numbnuts got elected, and finally got some from a co-worker.

These are my current tools:

Encore 50 cal mag barrel

150 grains Pyrodex

T/C Shock Wave Super Glide Sabots

I'm set up currently 1" high @ 125 yards

My Questions:

How much 110 powder will I need to start with to get close to my current load?

What cleaning process do I need to follow?

Do I need to measure with a scale, or will a powder measure suffice?

TIA!

Comments

• FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey bud, what was the link for the lowest price NXS scopes that you posted a while back? I lost it[:I]

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
    edited November -1
    Havent seen you online in a while and was wondering how that Kimber is working out for you? [:D]
    edited November -1
    Hey bud,

Just wanted to let you know I got the smokes. Smooth man, smooth. Thanks a bunch and sorry I didnt thank you sooner. When you gonna make back up this way again?

jumpmaster.bmp
    edited November -1
    how did you do hunting in WY?
    edited November -1
    Congrats on 7000 posts!

in one post [:D]
    edited November -1
    Sent it out today- [:)]

eyeflash.gif
    edited November -1
    got a question for three for you about a rifle chambering.
    i purchased a new rifle bbl the other day on an auction,its a douglas xx 6mm 10" twist will finish to 26" long. thinking pretty hard on doing it as a 6mm rem ai. have you been around this chambering and if so how did you like it?
    the other chamberings i am considering are the 243ai or the 6x284
    anyways looking fwd to your comments.
    edited November -1
    You going to be using a crossbow this year? I just bought mine and cant wait to use it! How about the new hunting on sunday!

d852d797.jpg

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
    edited November -1
    I am going to be sort of in your neighborhood the end of next week. Actually I will be in Balitmore for a meeting, and end up with most of Saturday afternoon free. I know it is off your beaten path, but can you point me at any good gunshops in Baltimore? Otherwise, I will have to cruise bookstores...Mostly interested in shotguns, but rifles as well. Thanks!
    edited November -1
    It isn't about posting guidelines.

We clearly conversed AFTER the "name calling".

Zulu is just picking sides.

[;)]
    edited November -1
    hey man, you still on for the end of this month? Shoot me an email and I'll give you my # to give me a call.

shoulda went sporting clay shooting with us this weekend, went down to PG county this time. Was pretty nice!

jumpmaster.bmp
    edited November -1
    I went to the boat salvage yard yesterday. My impression from talking to them before I went was, there were ALOT of boat parts there. Well, if I were looking for a motor, you bet. Acres of motors. Not so much on boat furniture, much less on parts like your rod holder plugs. [V]

When I talked to the woman on the phone this week, she said they had ALOT of boat seating and other parts there. They had one old car hauler type trailer with boat seating, mostly pontoon and speed boat. All of it was junk.

So, I will redesign my seating plans for my boat. Not what I wanted to do, but I am tired of being nickel and dimed setting the boat up.

SO, if I happen to come across some of those plugs at some point, I will let you know.
    edited November -1
    just got the ammo you sent thank you Sir!
    i was hopeing that i would get some improved cartridges.
    have been wanting to make a 243win ackley, i have a rifle that i was going to do it to but smith said he would take close to 2" off the bbl because it has quite abit of throat errosion so decided that if the bbl was going to have 2" taken off was not worth it right now,i'll have to save up for new bbl i guess the rifle still shoots pretty good though.
    that 6.5-06 ackley looks very interesting to me now. [:D]
    doc
    edited November -1
    Got your chest waders on and the guns moved to high ground?

My heros have always killed cowboys.
    edited November -1
    Hey, My niece lives in Magnolia Delaware. Is that close to you???????? If so, I would like to meet up with you. Oakie
    edited November -1
    Hows the New long barrel smoke Pole doing?[:p] Hope you have it back from the Smith,[^] Keep me posted on progress[:D][:D]
    edited November -1
    you have mail sir
    edited November -1
    From your thread earlier i used to like hot stuff now a pepperoni is to hot. I cant even eat something with black pepper on it. If i eat mashed potatoes no pepper at all. After surgery my tongues hyper sensitive. I cant eat ice cream because the cold hurts.[:(] Congrats on the 3 wings next time eat one for me and go for 4[:D]
    edited November -1
    How did the long barrel new toy do this week end?????????[:p]
    edited November -1
    How's the new long barrel smoke pole????????[:p][:p] Hope the rain stoped and you got to go to the range. Keep me posted on result's.

I went to the range Friday and fired the 222 Tryed some heaver bullets at 300 yards, same thing inch and a half gropes. (we have met the enemy and they are ME) It's getting down to the point of me or it,Aint ready to give up yet.[:(]

Took my Remington 7mm08 out and did the same thing at 300 yards, the first 2 shots were about 3/4" Then the 3rd went up about inch and a quarter, Warm barrel I supect. Or me. It had a factory set trigger and it was rough, when I got home I adj it. I have had that rifle for about 4 Mo's and have worked up loads for it, Kept forgeting to adj trigger, Im going out to the range again Tuseday, will let you know how thing went.

Give that big yello gard dog a kiss for me.[:D][:D]
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.dnrsports.com

they took the prices off the webpage,...probable due to the price fixing policy of nightforce,..but if you call them they will give you a price over the phone.

If I recall the NXS breakdown went like this
    5.5-22x56 $1100
    8-32x56 $1199
    12-42x56 $1350

My 8-32x56 works great for the long range stuff,....she brought me home a 3.502" 5 shot group at the 600yd match today,...with a 15mph wind!!!!![:p][8D]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
    edited November -1
    quote:My 8-32x56 works great for the long range stuff,....she brought me home a 3.502" 5 shot group at the 600yd match today,...with a 15mph wind!!!!!

[:D][:D][:D][:D] works for me!!! thanks for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!

gun1.gif
    "If you aim at nothing,
    you will be sure to hit it"
    hsas371x48.gif
    Santa_Cruz.gif
    [img][/img]
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You may also try www.brunoshooters.com they state in their precision shooting magazine add that they will match any legitimate advertised price. I don't know what they mean by "legitimate" advertised price,..but it could be worth a phone call anyway.[:)]

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?