In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

C'mon Admit It, The Guy's Awesome.

whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Hat's off to Jeff Gordon, 2001 NASCAR Winston Cup Champion. Or do you want a recount?Clouder..

Comments

• Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Yea he's great, crying over getting bumped by Robby G. Like he never bumped and one.Bull Hocky
  • Options
    ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jeff is on the Drew Carey show tonight. got to go watch it.
  • Options
    Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Clouder.........But it is Jeff Gordon! Okay, he must be doing something the right way.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Dern yankees get in on everything eventualy .218
  • Options
    Walt NunleyWalt Nunley Member Posts: 228 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ID RATHER HEAR ROSIE ON GUNS THAN HEAR GORDON MAKE AN ACCEPTANCE SPEECH.AND YOU HIT IT EXACTLY ON THE HEAD HE WHINED LIKE A TWO YEAR OLD ABOUT ROBBIE ROUGHIN HIM UP IT SEEMS HE HAS A VERY SELECTIVE MEMORY ABOUT WHO HE CRASHES TO BEAT THEM,ASK RUSTY WALLACE
    Submarine Sailor,Truck Driver,and very bad typist.GO RUSTY #2
  • Options
    woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The only NASCAR drivers that matter are named LaBonte!!
  • Options
    GreenLanternGreenLantern Member Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, remember Bristol in 96? Gordon bumped Rusty out of the way without about 4 to go and won. I thought I'd heard it all till I watched the rebroadcast of the NH race and Wally D. said that Gordon was one of the cleanest race there is. It's funny how a few seasons out of the race car really effects his memory!
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll never forget the time the whiner, (Jeffy) (that's redundant isn't it?) after coming in 5th or 6th, said: "They wouldn't let me pass!" I kid you not.Dale Sr. used to do the same thing. He'd knock his grandmother out of the way to gain a spot. NASCAR raely even looked at him sideways 'cause he was "Mr. NASCAR" BULLS---!When somebody bumped him, he wouldn't say much....he'd just get even. I hope we're not going to be subjected to another year of the disgusting "worship" of Earnhardt like we were this year. The man was a RACE CAR DRIVER, not a RELIGION!!!!Woodsrunner.....you're half right, I think "T" has lost his nerve. Along with a few other "has beens" who I won't mention.I guess my favorites are..... 18, 20, and anybody who finishes ahead of Jeffy an Jr.Mudge the aficionado
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-29-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 11-29-2001).]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    YEP I REMEMBER BRISTOL,PAID $60 TO WATCH THAT CRAP FROM TURN 4,DIDNT JUST HIT HIM TWICE BUT 3 TIMES.ANYONE EVER NOTICE THAT WHEN GORDO GETS CAUGHT CHEATING THEY NEVER TAKE AWAY ANY CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS,THEY MIGHT FINE HIM BUT HE NEVER EVER LOSES ANY POINTS.I'LL ALSO GAURENDAMNTEE YOU IF THE POINTS RACE WAS CLOSER THAT LITTLE CHOWDERHEAD WOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN PENALIZED A LAP.LIKE THE WINSTON,ONLY TIME IN HISTORY THEY LET THEM PULL OUT THEIR BACKUP CARS,GORDO IS IVOLVED AND THEY CHANGE THE RULES.WALT THE NASCAR EXPERT(SORRY MUDGE HA HA)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    But .... if your memory is really good. The next season (97) Rusty got a little pay back at Richmond under the lights when he put Gordon into the wall with some serious damage. I think Gordon finished 37th, but the sad part about it is he went on a tear after that and hardly finished out of the top five the whole rest of the season!
  • Options
    turboturbo Member Posts: 820 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I opened this thread cause I thought you were talking about President Bush.Now I'll, move on.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    He's a Kalifornian! Sorry, I can't like him by default.
    When it absolutely, positively,has to be destroyed overnight.....U.S. MARINES. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    I thought he was from some place like Indiana..where the yankees ain`t really all that bad..218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    LANTERN I WASNT SAYING RUSTY IS PERFECT I WAS ADDRESSING WONDERBOY'S STATEMENT HE WOULDNT CRASH ANYBODY TO WIN WHICH IS ABSOLUTE B#%^*&*(T
  • Options
    PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1964 - Chevy's back and Junior's winnin'.
  • Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    He's a Kalifornian for sure. I think from Napa Valley. Either way that sux!
    When it absolutely, positively,has to be destroyed overnight.....U.S. MARINES. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    Evil ATFEvil ATF Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nunley, I wasn't slammin Rusty. I'm a #2 fan myself!! I do get dismayed though how Rusty is strong through one part of a race, then fades after a tire change. Drives me nuts!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I DIDNT TAKE IT AS THAT LANTERN.AND YOU ARE RIGHT RUSTY CAN DOMINATE A RACE AND HE WILL FIND A WAY TO LOSE,MAKES ME INSANE SOMETIMES.IF HE HAD WON ALL THE RACES THAT HE SHOULDA WON BUT DIDNT CAUSE HE SPED DOWN PIT ROAD OR ADJUSTED HIS TIRE PRESSURE WITH 30 LAPS TO GO OR NASCAR JUST DECIDED THEY DIDNT WANT HIM TO WIN (LOUDON N.H.)GORDO WOULD STILL BE A LONG WAY BEHIND IN TOTAL WINS.TAKE AWAY THE WINS GORDO GOT THAT SHOULD NEVER HAVE BEEN,TALLADEGA THE YEAR THEY CAUGHT GORDO WITH HOLES DRILLED THROUGH THE MOUNTING BOLTS TO HIS RRES PLATE,LAST YEAR AT RICHMOND WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT WITH THE ILLEGAL INTAKE MANIFOLD.....ILL STOP THERE BECAUSE THOSE ARE THE MOST RECENT I CAN REMEMBER OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD AND ANY OF YOU WONDERBOY FANS FEEL FREE TO CHECK THROUGH PAST ISSUES OF WINSTON CUP SCENE AND YOULL SEE IM NOT MAKING THIS STUFF UP,AND WONDER BOY JUST AINT SO WONDERFUL........RUSTY IN 2002!!!!
  • Options
    timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The WWF moves to pavement.............
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    You nailed that one on the head, Timberbeast.I used to be a NASCAR fan, but with the "clone cars", the ever-shifting rules, the "debris on the track" yellows when somebody builds up a lead, and the "this guy gets punished, but that guy doesn't"....the whold damn thing is as phoney as a 3 dollar bill.
  • Options
    22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    It's got to the point where I would rather watch the the Busch and ASA Races