In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rosie could do for Reno what she did for K-Mart....loose!

RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Last night on Fox news they reported that K-Mart may file for bankruptcy and that Wall Street anyalists are recommending investors sell their K-Mart stock...could this be the curse of "Rosie O?"....now she plans to get behind Reno for Florida Gov....read and enjoy!December 31,2001By Ken ThomasThe Associated Press MIAMI - Chalk up an endorsement for Janet Reno: talk show host Rosie O'Donnell. O'Donnell played host to a $250 per person fund-raiser on Sunday for Reno, the former U.S. attorney general and a Democratic candidate for governor in Florida. "When I heard that she was running, I called up her office and told her I would do any and everything I can," O'Donnell said. "I told her I'd do whatever she wants, right up until Election Day." The fund-raiser hoped to raise about $50,000 for Reno, one of five Democrats attempting to unseat Gov. Jeb Bush, the president's brother. "We share a real dedication and commitment to doing something about the children of America, to give them a future and make a difference for them," Reno said. "It's really wonderful to have her on my side." Asked about her chances of defeating Bush, Reno said bluntly: "I'm going to win." O'Donnell, a foster parent, said she admired Reno's work on behalf of children and orphans. "It's a big problem in the state of Florida. There are over 3,000 children today available for adoption, free for adoption in the state, in foster custody, with nowhere to go," O'Donnell said. "Chances are they will age out of the system, they will go right into welfare and into prison, so we need to do better for this generation of kids." O'Donnell, an outspoken critic of the National Rifle Association, has become politically active in Democratic causes and once engaged in a memorable on-air, tense debate on gun control with Tom Selleck. Analysts said the appearance with O'Donnell could pose problems for Reno when she attempts to court voters in north Florida and the Florida Panhandle, which is heavily composed of gun owners, sportsmen and military personnel. "Any notion that there might be gun control is absolutely the kiss of death for any support in north Florida," said Susan MacManus, a political scientist at the University of South Florida in Tampa. "Anything that connects Reno to gun control means Democrats lose big in north Florida."

Comments

• Options
    will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Yep, North Flarda don't play that. I bet she don't get BeeKeeper's vote either.
    Eat healthy, exercise, avoid smoking........Die anyway. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can someone please 'splain to me how electing Reno can help children? Ok...there's 3,000 kids in Florida who are available for adoption. Evidently, people aren't inclined to adopt them, for whatever reason. Should (heaven forbid) Reno get elected, how is that going to change the attitudes that those people have about adopting these children?Will we suddenly get people saying: "I didn't want to adopt a child while Bush was Governor. Now that Reno is Governor, I'll adopt two".Not only is the porker going to alienate gun owners, she'll probably alienate "straights" too. Mudge the unrelenting
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 01-04-2002).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 01-04-2002).]
  • Options
    pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Well, with the gun owners and military folk up in North Florida, and all the Hispanics in Orlando and South Florida, I think she doesn't have much of chance. Guess we'll have to wait and see what the nice folks of West Palm Beach, Florida have to say.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think we pretty much know what most of 'em will say: "DUH! I don't understand how this works." After they've left the polling place and are standing in front of a TV camera.And you can bet there'll be TV cameras there.Mudge the ruthless
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    Like I said in another post, Janet Reno has a lot of experience helping kids. She helped put a couple dozen out of their misery in Waco.I'm from the government and I'm here to kill you.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They say it'll be better for adoption because she would allow gay couples to adopt.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I would be interested in having Rosie explain how she was allowed to adopt a child while thousands of respectable, economically stable couples in the US can't "buy" a kid.
  • Options
    VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    But you gotta remember Fla voters, theres always a chance.
  • Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    Solong K-mart- won't miss ya at all.Wish Rosie would go with them!
  • Options
    ThePaladinThePaladin Member Posts: 32 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she can't find a waco, and the gays don't want them, then she will get I.N.S to send them to Cuba. Where was rosieO when Elian needed help? We know where reNO was... "Anybody but Clinton" used to be my favorite saying...Now it should be "anybody but clinton(s) and NO to reno"
    Have Gun, will travel