In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Air Compressors II: Part Needed

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I have a cheapie compressor, but a good one, that I got from Harbor Freight. The air cleaner assembly is plastic and screws into the side of the head, 1/2" NPT.Something fell off a shelf above the compressor and broke the air cleaner. I need a new air cleaner assembly that will screw into a 1/2" NPT hole.Anybody know where to get one? Campbell-Hausfield and Ingersoll-Rand also use the same size fittings on their smaller compressors.I have already contacted Harbor Freight without success. Many emails back and forth with a lady who kept asking for information I already sent, again and again, so I quit.Somebody is bound to have one or know where to get one.It doesn't have to be plastic even.Thanks.
Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!

Comments

• Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    try northern tool and equipment co. phone 1-800-533-5545. this is the orders phone no. they may can help. also w.w. grainger may help but i do not know the number. try looking w.w. grainger on the internet. good luck hope this helps
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    O.K. Nunn You want to order Part number 5Z665 from Graingers provided you don't have over 10 C.F.M. It has a 1/2in male N.P.T. Thread on it. I show a price of 14.15 in an old Grainger Catalog. You are supposed to order from your nearest Grainger Store yours should be Dallas Texas 214 637-2380 but I think that area code has changed or Oklahoma City 405-943-9631. Now you can Poof this one HA!
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • Options
    LowriderLowrider Member Posts: 6,587
    edited November -1
    What would we do without Grainger? I'll bet I buy 10,000 bucks worth of stuff for the wastewater plant from them each year.
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    SNIPER1048SNIPER1048 Member Posts: 144 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THE WEBSITE IS www.GRAINGER.com. YOU CAN GO TO WEBSITE AND REGESTER AS NEW USER FOR YOUR BUSINESS. THEN TYPE IN CAT. NUMBER AND IT WILL TELL YOU WHERE ITEM IS LOCATED. GIVE ZIP CODE AND THEY WILL TELL YOU CLOSEST BRANCH. I HAVE FOUND THAT THE DOWN TOWN BRANCH HAS THE BEST STOCK. HOPE THIS HELPS.
    "START THE BALL ROLLING THERE, TECTOR"
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRY HOME DEPOT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey lowrider you broke my heart, I have to compete with those suckers daily. P.S. are you in the market for any 720 Chain for your Clarifier....I am a Harley guy too I have an "89" Lowrider and a 2000 roadking I like the lowrider best because she has a good factory cam that makes her slobber a bit and offroad pipes, I ride the roadking on those long trips with momma "smooth"...Auto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    O.K. Nunn now that we have solved your problem What time do you want us there for those Stripper Fillets? Auto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You can order right off of their webb site the price is $14.50 + frt. just think in just a few days that shinny Brown Truck will be pulling up to your house with the part! Now in the future be a little more carefull, that mistake cost you a box of ammo! Auto
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Alright Otoman. Sounds like a couple of nice rides. What specific modifications have you made to them? Is the Road King carbureted or fuel-injected? Had any trouble with the valve train on that twin-cam motor? I have a 1991 FXRS Convert. that I bought new. 75,000 miles on it now. Python III slashcut pipes; S&S Super "E" carb; Dyna 2000 singlefire ignition; Andrews EV-13 cam; Barnett clutch; M-60 primary chain tensioner; Performance Machine brakes; Russell stainless brake lines and cables; Progressive Suspension shocks, fork springs and damper rods; Mustang seat; Jagg oil cooler...Runs very strong. I'm giving some serious thought to installing a Baker six-speed transmission. Same gear ratios through 5th as what I have now with another overdrive for 6th. Lowers your top-gear engine speed by close to 20%. From the present 3000rpm at 65 mph down to around 2400rpm at 65 mph.Only drawback is the Baker gearboxes run about 3000 bucks.What do you mean that you "...have to compete with those guys every day...?" You are in the same business as Grainger? What is your company?Don't need any chain for our clarifiers. We're running full gear drives on them. We upgraded from the old Dorr Oliver chain-drive systems a few years ago. Later...
    Lord Lowrider the LoquaciousMember:Secret Select Society of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets She was only a fisherman's daughter,But when she saw my rod she reeled.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The 89 FXRSLR Lowrider is a convertible mostly stock with some extra chrome , and a Mustang Seat hung on it. I like to go out and ride on trips so I need the saddle bags etc. used a T-Bag with it on trips.The 2000 is a FHLRCI Cassic with the chrome wire wheels and fuel injection from the factory, The only thing that I have added to it is a 50's boys tachometer and the Corbin Seat. In between these 2, I had a 1998 road king Classic that I wadded up like a used McDonalds hamburger wrapper going 75 miles an hour on the way to Sturgis, that was in 1998.I would someday like to trick out the "89" but don't know if I will ever get the chance, to many other priorities that Involve making mom more comfortable in life. She has fibromialgia and we need to do some serious remodeling to our house or go to a new place that is more user friendly for her.I am in the bearing and power transmission business and I work for a company called I.B.T. Would be the same as Kamen in your area. We are only in a 10 state area in the Midwest. And we do compete with Grainger daily on the products that we sell such as tools, bearings, Loctite, Electric motors & controls, Hydraulics & Pneumatics etc. I think you get the picture. But our business is much more technical and complicated. We actually help design equipment and work in robotics, conveying systems, and machine vision systems as well. Regards Auto
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lowrider I just got to do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAMAHA YZFR1 ! WOW BABY WHAT A RIDE, Y'ALL KNOW WHAT IT DOES IN FACTRY STOCK CONDIITION AND MIGHT I SAY FOR $10,000 BEST DANG BIKE I EVER HAD. It will go putt putt just like the hogs and when time come to play on open highway you know what to do. just like the Nintendo commercials,"now your playing with power"! Please dont get mad at me again lowrider, just like everybody has something they love to raz somebody about mine is noise converters, I mean harleys. BTW belong to A.B.A.T.E? We go on rides every year and that includes all make of bikes and nobody fights over them, they just make us guys with the crotch rockets stay in the back so the dudes on the Harleys dont get lost!
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never got mad the first time, Bro. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're on two wheels you're all right in my book.If I had unlimited funds I'd own one of every motorcycle made.Yes, I DO belong to ABATE. Washington State Chapter. We have all kinds of people and all makes of bikes in the organization. And we throw a damn fine Summer party every year. Four days long, camping, live music, all types of vendors, big name bands...Like a county fair for motorcyclists. Some fun.I ride pretty steady with two dudes who don't ride Harleys. One rides a Polaris Victory and the other a BMW. Too many of my Harley-riding friends think a great day's ride is putting on 30 or 40 miles between taverns. I like my beer also, but when I head out early on a sunny Saturday morning I want to go somewhere. I want to come home at 9pm with an additional 5 or 6 hundred miles on my odometer. Or maybe not come home at all.
  • Options
    Judge DreadJudge Dread Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Take the broken thingy to Sears and ask the guy at the desk for a replacement Many of their compressors are made by the same company that manufactures for harbor freight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    May I ask who that company is Judge? Auto
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1