In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Country Music Loss

RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
Waylon Jennings just died.
Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.

Comments

• royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When did this happen and what happened to him?
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    No Way! One of the Country & Western OutLaws has gone? Tell me it aint true.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Today, Diabetes, 64 years old
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Now there was country music, not like some of the youngins today. Sad day for country music.God Bless him. Mrs NJRETCOP and I will miss him.-Charlie
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelNRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    What a loss!! It is truly a sad day for Country Music.Probably the finest voice in Country Music.When ever I have a chance, on hunting trips to The Hill Country of Texas, I will detour from the main roads and take a drive to Luchenbach, Texas.To sip a Lone Star at the Bar in Luchenbach, let me dream of being there, with Waylon & Willie and The Boys. Rest In Peace Waylon
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    I was a highwayman ... along the coach roads I did ridewith sword and pistol by my sideMany a young maid lost her baubles to my trade. Many a soldier lost his lifeblood on my blade.The bastards hung me in the spring of '25But I am still alive.I was a sailor; I was born upon the tidewith the sea I did abideI sailed a schooner round the horn of MexicoI went aloft to 'furl the mainsail in a 'blowand when the yards broke off they said that I got killedBut I am living still.I was a dam builder across the river deep and widewhere steel and water did collideA place called Boulder on the wide ColoradoI slipped and fell into the wet concrete belowThey buried me in that great tomb that knows no soundBut I am still aroundI'll always be around .. and around ... and around ... I fly a starship across the universe divideand when I reach the other sideI'll find a place to rest my spirit if I canPerhaps I may become a highwayman againor I may simply be a single drop of rainBut I will remainand I'll be back again ... and again ... and again ...
  • will270winwill270win Member Posts: 4,845
    edited November -1
    Real country music is leaving us year by year. Even a punk like me can appreciate music like that. God rest his soul.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, take it to a mechanic. will270win@aol.com ~Secret Select Society Of Suave Stylish Smoking Jackets~
  • winged 1winged 1 Member Posts: 19 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought Waylon was country music!Him and Willie were my first taste of country music.This new stuff can not be country.Any way it is a big loss to the country music world.
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I consider the "New" Country Music to be the old "Top 40" of the 70's. If ain't got that Twang it don't mean a Thang.
    Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself![This message has been edited by RugerNiner (edited 02-13-2002).]
  • jdb123jdb123 Member Posts: 471 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    waylon jennings's voice and song from "dukes of hazzrd" is one my earliest tv memories i dont like country these days because it sucks but i am truely upset by this loss of a legend. i guess him and buddy holly are hangin' out again.
  • royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can remember when he had normal hair ( for the 60's). He wasn't one of my all time favorites but he had some nice hits.
  • rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dang, that sucks.that is as bad as when Conway Twitty passed on.sorry to hear it
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard this just before leaving work tonight, I was devastated.As for the modern country,"I'd rather hear a fat woman fart than a pretty boy sing"WOODS
  • legn4legn4 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Will be missed by many, sorta like The Duke...Sorry to hear.
    Work'n like a dog all nite
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rest In Peace, Waylon...
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    I grew up with his music, down in Texas he was a King. I will miss him!!
  • glb243glb243 Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Cowboys aint easy to love, and they're harder to hold. They'd rath'r give you a song, than diamonds or gold. Lone Star belt buckles, and old faded Levis, and each night begins a new day. If you don't understand him, he don't die young, he'll prob'ly just ride away" Rest In Peace, Wautash.
    Momma's, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys[This message has been edited by glb243 (edited 02-14-2002).]