In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Our intelligent liberal members

1armbandit1armbandit Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
edited July 2004 in General Discussion
I am so comforted to know this forum has its intelligent liberal members to keep us stupid redneck conservatives fully informed. What would we do without them?

Comments

• Options
    bigbenzbigbenz Member Posts: 223 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ok im not liberal.But Bush is wrong for this country. Religion and government dont mix. Liberals are . Conservatives are Religous. I dont know which one is worse.

WWW.CAMilitia.com

SKS
    Su-16
    K98
    Ar-15(fab-10)M4
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigbenz
    Ok im not liberal.But Bush is wrong for this country. Religion and government dont mix. Liberals are pussi-es. Conservatives are Religous. I dont know which one is worse.

quote:Liberals are pussi-es.

Not all of them-

quote:Conservatives are Religous

Since when?

flag.gif
    In memory of
    Ronald Reagan
    1911-2004
  • Options
    ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hey bigbenz, you're an idiot.

GWB_logo_100.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder

"If the existing assault weapons ban expires, I personally do not believe it will make one whit of difference one way or another . . . So if it doesn't pass, it doesn't pass." Tom Diaz, Senior Policy Analyst, Violence Policy Center (VPC)
  • Options
    Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Some liberals are more ruthless then you can imagine. Why not, they BELIVE![:(]

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey rugerman thanks.[:)]

WWW.CAMilitia.com

SKS
    Su-16
    K98
    Ar-15(fab-10)M4
  • Options
    Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I second Ruger270.

How about posting a picture of your FAB10 there BigB.

awcountdown.gif
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IN GOD WE TRUST...
    ONE NATION UNDER GOD...
    GOD BLESS AMERICA...
    we swear to tell the truth with our hand on a BIBLE (a KORAN or TALMUD will do the trick)...
    we garuntee FREEDOM OF RELIGION...
    the first settlers here had a primary goal of escaping intolerance and being able to practice there religion...

if its gotten to the point in this country were a religious man, one with a strong faith background, a church going man, can be vilified and hated by so called educated, liberal, elitest snobs for his beliefs, then we are traveling the wrong path, and the country is in danger...

KERRY drops the F-bomb, and rips conservitive america with impunity...

BUSH mentions GOD and becomes the next HITLER in the liberal contolled self seving press...

are you smoking crack???
    have you lost your mind???
    i have grown tired of the endless rhetoric and drivel of the AMERICA / GOD hating summer soldier, sunshine patriot, PC, "friends of AL and BILL" liberal assualts.

i own a bible (as well as a KORAN, TALMUD, GOSPAL OF BUHDDA, etc...)
    i was raised is a church going family...
    i was taught tolerance...
    i love my country and am proud of it, and my faith.
    SLICK WILLIE recieves head under a desk in the white house from an under age fat chick, lies under oath, is censured by congress, fined by congress, impeachment procedings are started, and he gets disbarred. he is still the liberal, democratic HERO who can do no wrong.
    i would rather elect a man who has a position, opinion, belief, goal, world view, even if i dont agree with it that see a man in the white house who tests the waters or sticks his finger in the air to check wich way the wind is blowing before telling me what he thinks i want to here.
    BUSH mentions GOD and goes to church and hes wrong for our country???

WHATS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?

get a clue, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
    contact me at the shop at waltsgun@aol.com best regards, mike.
  • Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's to underage fat chicks!!

[:D][}:)][:X][:X]

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.
  • Options
    roysharoysha Member Posts: 749 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Intelligent liberal is an oxymoron!

BEER IS PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have we EVER had a President who DID NOT attend church? Not in my lifetime. (Which began with FDR.) The fact that "Dubya" wears his beliefs for all to see is, somehow, seen by the "intelligencia" as forcing religion down our throats.
    I am so FED UP with the "nattering nabobs of negativism" on this forum that I rarely read any post that even appears to be political.
    They claim that everything any politician does is motivated by greed and avarice. That the two party system is the worst thing since the black plague. I think it's well past time that they GET OVER IT because THAT'S THE WAY IT IS AND WILL BE FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE.
    In spite of all the shortcomings our executive, judicial and legislative branches may have, this still the greatest country EVER.
    I doubt that these "naysayers" have ever done anything to try to improve those things they so vehemently castigate.
    All we ever hear from them is p-ssin' and moanin'.
    That's my rant for the day

Mudge the positive

I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!<BR>
  • Options
    CountryGunsmithCountryGunsmith Member Posts: 617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here's to Mudge!

Scrappy Doo sleeps with the fishes.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    MUDGE...
    does my post qualify as a "RANT" as well???
    [:D][}:)][:0]

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Mikey.... I was pretty HOT when I wrote mine. Sounded like you might have been, too. I'm gonna' allow you a RANT on that.[:D]

Mudge the hot

• Options
    nykansannykansan Member Posts: 569 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This conservative gives thanks for your ranting.
    Mike and Mudge- M&M for duo-presidents.
    My personnel opinion.
    SITAA

If each before his own
    door swept,the whole
    village would be clean.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    1arm,

What about all the intelligent conservatives on this board?

But to answer your question, what the "intelligent liberals" do is give you something to measure yourself up against.

In layman's terms, if there is no enemy to fight, it's awful hard to be a war hero. What you would have are a bunch of sad, delusional conservatives congratulating themselves on a job well-done when there was no work involved.

There are many conservatives on this forum who are up to the task of defending their views and opinions with supporting facts and evidence. And then there are some who are either too lazy or too ignorant to even try. And it is these types of people who give both conservatives and liberals a bad name. They are the "sheeple," the people politicians love because their vote can be had with a few pretty words... if they bother to vote at all.

The question you really should be asking is not, "What would I do," but "What am I doing?"
  • Options
    Patriots49Patriots49 Member Posts: 751 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Way to go Mudge...I thought I was going to cry! Thanks for the post![:)]

Mike the teary eyed

"You cannot conquer America." -William Pitt, 1777
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D]

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it state: "Seperation of Church and State".

"Those who beat their guns into plow shares; will plow for those who don't."
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Yep, I have a lot more respect for a man that tries to do something, even if it turns out to be wrong. At least he was able to get past the posturing, negotiating, talking cop out.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    bigbenz, what president in your life time has been good for our country? Never confuse intelligence with common sence. Then again common sence is not common any more. This is very sad indeed. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Options
    edited November -1
    intelligent conservatives ? Nope

Religion is a business that preys on the weak!

And listen here. If you come to me with your crazy talk. Ill send you to your "Heaven".

I belive in god so i talk to air, and make wishes.
    If you ever spoke to jesus your nuts, unless it was a mexican guy you picked up at home depot.

Dont get me wrong religion makes weak people follow good vaules. Its needed. If we didnt have it than you would have millions of people "like you" Killing each outher.

Look at the middle east. how do you know their not wrong? what if you are and allah is the real god? No you people THINK you better than outhers. You THINK you right. Your NOT better Than Any human , but i do think we should nuke the middle east. Those poeple havent evolved. But so havent most of you[:D]

WWW.CAMilitia.com

SKS
    Su-16
    K98
    Ar-15(fab-10)M4
  • Options
    stanmanstanman Member Posts: 3,052
    edited November -1
    Kind of a different twist on Whiteclouder's "Mongrel Dog" story, but my experience tells me that if you don't feed it, it will go away!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BigBenz....?????
    Sorry man, you lost me.

Mudge the wanderer

• Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I still can't understand how any of you think George the Younger is a Conservative. Poor Bob Taft is spinning in his grave.
    One problem with such labels is what do they mean? The people who founded this nation were certainly not Conservatives or they would not have rebelled against the King.
    I have two definitions that a person has to meet in our society for me to call him a Conservative. One is a fiscal conservative & poor George gets a zero on that one. Two is someone who is faithful to the original intent of the Constitution & George does pretty poorly on that one too. On that basis a Conservative in our society would actually be a Liberal in his view of the relationship of government & the people. While what we nowadays call liberals want more control of the people by the government. The terms are all mixed up.
    Someone please explain to me why you consider George (in fact either one) to be a Conservative.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    has the CA MILITIA lowered there admission standards???
    couldnt get into the military or snag a police job because of a poor psych eval ???
    first you rip BUSH, now your railing agains mainstream religious values and moral codes???
    i will pray for you this sunday from the 3rd pew back, 3 seats in fom the left.
    what do you support or believe in???
    you simply do not get it...
    best regards, mike.

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled
    I still can't understand how any of you think George the Younger is a Conservative. Poor Bob Taft is spinning in his grave.
    One problem with such labels is what do they mean?

I have two definitions that a person has to meet in our society for me to call him a Conservative. One is a fiscal conservative & poor George gets a zero on that one. Two is someone who is faithful to the original intent of the Constitution & George does pretty poorly on that one too. On that basis a Conservative in our society would actually be a Liberal in his view of the relationship of government & the people. While what we nowadays call liberals want more control of the people by the government. The terms are all mixed up.
    Someone please explain to me why you consider George (in fact either one) to be a Conservative.

Your definitions of "conservatism" are archaic, and obsolete.

You want to know why George Bush is considered "conservative"? Well these days, "conservative" is defined as whatever George Bush says or does. George Bush IS conservatism. Conservatism is now defined as whatever George Bush says, or does.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigbenz
    [. Religion and government dont mix.
    Congratulations!!
    Karl Marx would be proud of your sentiment!!!

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well my $0.02 is that one can be conservative politically without embracing some militant (or indeed any) religious belief. Either that, or I'm in a very, very, small minority group.

I do agree, as strongly as I do with the Founders' intent on the Second Amendment, with the "shall not establish" intent of the First. When religion becomes a guiding force in government, no degree of extremism is too extreme, because the perpetrators have their vision of an almighty deity to justify it. One need not look further than the Inquisition, the current plague of Islamic extremists or the state religions of Nazism / Communism for examples.

It is my firm belief the Founding Fathers had wisdom never seen before or since in crafting our new nation. They guaranteed religious freedom in one short phrase, yet balanced it in the next. I don't hold with the ACLU or others who wish to eradicate references to religion in the public domain. But neither do I embrace those who seem to think that an individual must embrace the viewer's particular version of religion to be a good person. In reality, how one lives their life is the key. Religious belief can be intrinsic to that life, but it does not define the individual. As much evil has been done in the name of the various religions as for any other reason, and arguably more. Sadly, throughout history and at this very moment, religion has been used to justify wrongdoing which ranges from discrimination to torture to genocide.

Again, merely my $0.02 and those who feel otherwise will likely indulge in some flaming.

As to "intelligent liberals" . . . there are, in fact, some. Misguided, perhaps, from my perspective, and certainly a tiny minority within the corpus of that ill-defined group, but they exist. How many may appear here is for each of us to decide in our own minds. The ones who are typically do not disdain conservative views however much they may disagree with them (which is why I say they are such a small minority within their demographic group . . . a firm belief in their moral superiority seems to come as part of the entrance fee to liberalism). The truly sad thing is that attitude begats an equally extreme and unreasoned response by those whom they despise (in which I freely admit I indulge far too often . . . although it's better than going postal).

[rant mode / off]

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals / DemoWipes" (me)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    TEAK...
    i am pretty sure you post is FLAME-PROOF.
    while most of us can engage in a sprited discourse, and espouse our personal opinions to elicit an educated intellectual debate, i think that there are a few who are mindless bleating sheeple who simply restate the incorrect "talking points" they are givin with no though at all as to the veracity or moral foundation of there oft repeated statements...

you make some valid, educated, researched points.
    best regards, mike.

• Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    Your definitions of "conservatism" are archaic, and obsolete.
    You want to know why George Bush is considered "conservative"? Well these days, "conservative" is defined as whatever George Bush says or does. George Bush IS conservatism. Conservatism is now defined as whatever George Bush says, or does.

He, he. Depends on what the word "IS" is you mean?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gruntled

He, he. Depends on what the word "IS" is you mean?

EXACTLY!![:)]

-Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Surely doesn't seem to be an ardent supporter of or believer in grammar and spelling, or punctuation.