In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Guy

dft88dft88 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
Im new to this site it seems to be a pretty good resource.

My question is once the AWB sunsets will it be alright to make the cosmetic changes to the post-ban rifles? Also how do you think this sunset will effect gun prices in general?

A little about me, I got out of the Army(101st Airborne) a month ago. I served in Iraq(12 months) and Afghanistan(6 months).

Im lookin to start adding to the collection, and wondering if now may not be the best time.

Comments

• dft88dft88 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    HI NEW GUY HERE!!!HOPE I GET A WARM WELCOME.[:o)]
    edited November -1
    I'm new to the site and have heard about the "15 minute rule". Pr obably not looking in right place but cant find it mentioned anywhere. Can someone please explain it for me. Thanks
    edited November -1
    Hello,I have been reading and geting alot of info from you'll for a long time.I thought I should introduce my self.I am a pro quide and rancher in ??? I see that many do not say where they are from or who they are , So I will do the same
    edited November -1
    Hello,all. My first time on this forum. In regards to another post, "What do you do for a living?", I work for a large pharmaceutical/chemical company. Live in beautiful South Carolina "Lowcountry". Originally from Michigan. Enjoy hunting,shooting,guns in general,fishing,shrimping,etc.,along with going on imaginary month-long hunting expeditions out West or to Africa. In the market for a 375 H&H magnum and would like to hear opinions,advice,preferences,stories,anecdotes,assorted grumblings,or what have you, as to what brand,favorite loads,etc.
    1)"Give me Liberty or give me death!". 2)"Keep your friends close,your enemies closer".
    edited November -1
    :"I FORGOT TO WARN THE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM".Im not just a novice with guns but, im also a novice with a computer.So congraulations folk's, you have to deal with a bonifide ignorant person on these issues;(not stupid)I hope people know I like to humor myself - ESPECIALLY AT MY OWN EXPENSE.Thank's again for this forum.

JIM FRICK
    edited November -1
    hello everyone
    Just wanted to say hello.
    I just registered. I view the GB auctions often.
    I enjoy collecting, shooting, hunting and DCM
    look forward to participating on your boards.

merc
    Living without liberty is not living
    www.tacticalauctions.com
  • Oklahoma223Oklahoma223 Member Posts: 2,648 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't go swimming within 15 minutes of eating a large meal or you will get cramps and drown.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Within 15 min. of an auction ending, the bids can keep coming. It'd so no one can "SNIPE" an item. As soon as their's 15 min. with no bids, then their can be a winner.
    Does that make any sense?
  • screwobamascrewobama Member Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    Oklahoma223

USA
    2105 Posts
    Posted - 05/13/2009 : 4:47:37 PM

Don't go swimming within 15 minutes of eating a large meal or you will get cramps and drown.
    ============================================================================================================================================

I was always told to wait 1/2 hour. [:D]
  • D1D1 Member Posts: 11,412
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by screwobama
    Oklahoma223

USA
    2105 Posts

============================================================================================================================================

Don't listen to them. It's 30 minutes.
  • WinM70WinM70 Member Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome new guy to GB.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if someone places a bid with less than 15 minutes to go it extends the auction for 15 minutes from the time of the last bid within the last 15 minutes.

it maximises the amount the item sells for, 4 people cant all wait until 5 seconds to go then hit the bid button and 1 gets lucky and wins it like happens on fleabay all the time. it forces the people to keep bidding to get the item if they want it.
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    Welcome to GunBroker...

However, your timing might have been a skosh better.

We have been executing newbies at a rather brisk pace.

Keep yo haid down.

Doug
  • penetraitorpenetraitor Member Posts: 3,870
    edited November -1
    It can be the longest 15 minutes of your life if your bidding against someone.

I was in an auction with a guy I was bidding againts it took 2 more hours. Because we both would wait for the last min. to place another bit. Aint that a B!1ch.
    edited November -1
    Thanks Guys, for the info. Will figure it out while keeping my haid down for 15 to 30 minutes I am waiting to go swimming. Thanks also for the welcome
  • JohnnylikesgunsJohnnylikesguns Member Posts: 2,887 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your still here?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drjew
    quote:Originally posted by screwobama
    Oklahoma223

USA
    2105 Posts

Don't listen to them. It's 30 minutes.

At the very least! You should allow longer if it was a large meal.
    edited November -1
    While I am on the subject, does the auto bid funtion continue while the 15 minute rule is in effect
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to GB. If you make rules up as you go, new guys will take them as fact when they join!

Stick around, its a cool place to buy guns, reloading equipment, and talk about anything not gun related. Some of these guys even own a gun or two.
  • countryfarmercountryfarmer Member Posts: 4,552
    edited November -1
    I think the auto bid keeps working til it hits maximum. Don't quote me on that I've been wrong once before, I think it was 4 yrs ago.

No I was wrong, it was 5 yrs ago.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    All of those guys are pulling your leg. The actual 15 minute rule is health-oriented: Never spend more than 15 minutes per week in the Politics Forum, otherwise your head will explode.