In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iranian Plane Crash

select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2005 in General Discussion
Iranian Military Plane Crashes; 119 Dead 14 minutes ago

TEHRAN, Iran - An Iranian military transport plane crashed into a 10-story apartment building on Tuesday, killing 119 people, including 25 on the ground, state media and officials said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Tehran's mayor said that all 94 people aboard the plane were killed, and Tehran radio said 25 people were killed on the ground.

The building was reported to be on fire, and fire fighters were on the scene working to save people trapped in the building in the Azari residential district.

Comments

• Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...At least 94 of their military we won't have to face or deal with... I'm torn, I don't know rather to be happy, or REAL happy...[;)]

"their in front of us,their behind us,their to our left,and to our right...they cant get away from us now boys!"
  • Options
    doc nickdoc nick Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    God have mercy on their soul!
  • Options
    royc38royc38 Member Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its a good start.
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    "Its a good start."[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

ALAH has spoken........No virgins for you.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    What are you people talking about horrible ordeal! How can you express joy that plane CRASHED? I can't believe you would feel that way!

Don't you realize it has deprived some fighter pilot of a future "kill"?[}:)]

wings2.gif
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 51,092 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with P3skyking, some of you folks are sub-human.

Your attitudes are not dissimilar from those of Islamic terrorists.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    So much for Christian morality.[xx(]

And you wonder why "they" hate us so much.

You lot are no better than those dancing Palestinians handing out candy after 9-11.[xx(]
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't celebrate the death of accident victims anywhere. For all I know every one of those people may have been moderates who are simply trying to make a living for their family and were not caught up in political/relgious hate that seems be be permeating the world right now. If the plane had crashed into a training camp of Jihadists, that would be a different matter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oh come on pinhead. When did you ever see a moderate before? If you did, name him. There is no such thing as a moderate. There are only two kinds: bad ones and dead ones, thats it. AND after 9/11 my compassion for those people has dried up. So Monkey take your tears elsewhere.
  • Options
    COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...as stated, a military transport:Irainian.
    Iran is not one of the worlds/our friends.
    For the loss of innocent life anywhere, any reason, is a sad thing,
    but it happens. The fewer of any of our enemy around that want to impose their [Islam] ideas/way of life on "us", the better.

...May have been people just making a living, or members of the "hate America" club, because of their closed, repressive rule, the world will never know the truth.

...The Islamic world does not hate "us" because of a "particular"
    action/view "we" take or hold. They [islam] detest us for being non muslim, impure.

...Sub human, no,...beheading, toturing, women and children and other innocent people, is IMO sub human.

...Perpetuating the Islamic idea of an "Islamic World",and their [Musloons] attempt to impose that [Islamic World] on others thru despicable actions/denial/silence,...or ANY other means, I find objectionable, and totally, unacceptable.

...A mosque around every corner in the US, living under oppressive she'a rule, is not my idea of America. The two party system may lack a lot to be desired, but is ours, and the best this world has to offer.

...The Islamic alternative, well...

"their in front of us,their behind us,their to our left,and to our right...they cant get away from us now boys!"
  • Options
    PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    royc38, you evidently don't read or remember too well. There are quite a few Iranians that used to call us friend and still do. They have been beaten down by the extremeists element right now but they are still there. They are arrested, beaten, and tortured and sometimes even killed for their calling for democracy in their country. They do not use carbombs to try to change the government but try demonstrating for an honest election. More power to them. That is what I call a moderate. They do exist and in Iran too. Whether you want to acknowledge them or not is up to you.
  • Options
    hughbetchahughbetcha Member Posts: 7,801 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think they were running a 'dress rehersal" for an attack on the Sears Tower.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    PINhead: My problem is I remember Too much. Trace your history of Iran and the relationships and origins of what we are facing at the moment to its origins (Iran). When you are partly knowledgable, get back with me for a discussion. I will be more than glad to converse with you when you have some facts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Pinhead
    royc38, you evidently don't read or remember too well. There are quite a few Iranians that used to call us friend and still do. They have been beaten down by the extremeists element right now but they are still there. They are arrested, beaten, and tortured and sometimes even killed for their calling for democracy in their country. They do not use carbombs to try to change the government but try demonstrating for an honest election. More power to them. That is what I call a moderate. They do exist and in Iran too. Whether you want to acknowledge them or not is up to you.

Pinhead,

I know a lot of the moderate Iranians you refer to. They do exist, however most of them are here in the United States or in some country other than Iran. These are the people that led Iran before the fundmetalists took over. They have the education and resources to resurrect their country but they are scared to go back.

Among those living in Iran today, there are many who do not like the current fundmentalist government, but they are in no position to effect change. They are as much under the boot of the Iranian religous fanatics as the Iraqis who opposed Saddam Hussein. These folks may want change but they have no power, no money, no resources to overthrow the current regime.

I don't think a secular political movement would have a chance of gaining control in Iran. I think the only way that current regime is going down is going to be through external forces.
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Royc38,

Let's see, before the Iranian Revolution, the Shah was a staunch U.S. and Israeli ally.

Before that, the ancient Persians beat up on the Babylonians and freed the Jews from the Babylonian Captivity.

They've only been our stated enemies for 26 years.

But maybe you don't care because it doesn't fit into your neatly packaged preconceptions?

In 1953, the U.S. and U.K. organized the overthrow of Iran's democratically-elected prime minister because he wanted to nationalize Iran's oil resources.

The Mossad and CIA provided thee Shah's security service (SAVAK) with training and this was the very same service that was renowned for abducting and torturing people in their secret prisons... something, I might add, we saw fit to depose Saddam over.

I think it's funny that the Iraqis are our friends because we've invaded them and occupied them for an all of two years while the Iranians are our sworn enemies just because some whack job won their presidency.

In all the responses here, I see nothing but the very moral laziness that allows militant Islam to flourish.

You folks are no better, despite your prostestations to the contrary.
  • Options
    Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    You folks are no better, despite your prostestations to the contrary.

I never said I was better......but I am smart enough to know who my enemies are.

If they want to march in the streets and chant "Death to America" they'll find zero sympathy from me.

animated_usa_flag.gifanimated_rebel_flag.gif

Molon Labe
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    It was Bush's fault, and I never prostestate.

My mission is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
    If multiculturalism is the answer, it must have been one hell of a stupid question.
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had a few Persian [Iranian] friends over the years.
    Polite, polished, intellegent, interested.

Probably young kids when their parents got them out of the country in the late 70s.

The kids there like America. Notice how the nuclear program is in control of the religious/military government? It is not in the hands of 30-something iPod jeans-wearing urban hipsters trying to catch up with the world.

There are some really stupid comments made here against the Iranians.
    Can we ever count the total weight of ignorance?

monkeycounter.gif
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    Don't be surprised - but they already are blaming the US. Iran has not been able to buy new American planes or parts since the 70's. The C-130 they crashed therefore probably hasn't seen a new part since 1970 or earlier. How many people here have a 1970 car that's all-original and still goes down the road? And a C-130 is just a wee bit more complex than that Mustang you've had in the garage for 35 years.
  • Options
    mohawk600mohawk600 Member Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It didn't make me shed a tear

Ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am all shook up about it..[:o)][:o)]
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ZERODIN
    Don't be surprised - but they already are blaming the US. Iran has not been able to buy new American planes or parts since the 70's. The C-130 they crashed therefore probably hasn't seen a new part since 1970 or earlier. How many people here have a 1970 car that's all-original and still goes down the road? And a C-130 is just a wee bit more complex than that Mustang you've had in the garage for 35 years.

Lockheed C-130's are in use all over the world. They have access to spare parts. You don't really think it's got the same Allison engines or tires on it as it had in 1971 do you?

wings2.gif
  • Options
    ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    p3: This is Iran we're talking about. I wouldn't put it past 'em, and from the sounds of it engine problems were at fault in the crash. I'm not saying that we're the only source of parts, but I don't have a problem believing that the Iranians would fly a plane with 30-year-old engines. Even the black market probably has a hard time coming up with brand new C-130 engines. (Side note: Allison makes turboprops? Is this the same Allison that makes heavy-duty truck transmissions?)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I heard last night that the passengers were journalists on their way to a military demonstration. How popular do you think journalists are in a religious-fanatic dominated totalitarian society like Iraq? I'll bet they used the crash as an excuse to get rid of a bunch of pain in the * journalists.
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Hey...that's a great idea!

My mission is to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.
    If multiculturalism is the answer, it must have been one hell of a stupid question.