In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Chappysny

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited April 2002 in General Discussion
Wow! I never thought I'd bump into someone from Watertown, NY here. I was stationed at Ft. Drum (with InstrumentOfWar and 13fister) for a bit and left last June. I ate at Chappy's once and LOVED it! I sure as heck miss them big pancakes from The Golden Unicorn.

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY

Comments

• Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Idsman.....I'll go you one better. Have you ever been to Clayton, New York? Just down the road from Fort Drum. As you enter town coming from Fort Drum(not using the interstate)...just passed the cemetary on the left hand side is a big old white Victorian house,two barns and three greenhouses....used to be my Dad's farm. A lot of wonderful memories there. Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Beach--it's a small world! I do believe I know exactly what you are talking about.

Oh...and let's not forget about LONGWAY'S! That place LITERALLY changed the course of InstrumentOfWar's life. Maybe he'll share in this thread as well.

Has anyone ever heard of putting corn kernels in pancake batter? You can order corn pancakes at the Golden Unicorn too. I never really liked em but some people gobbled em up.

Dangit Trinity Scrimshaw, let's pipe in here! We can't forget the legendary glazed donuts at Jeans Beans in Watertown!

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    beachmaster73beachmaster73 Member Posts: 3,011 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    idsman....Evelyn Longway was my great aunt. Beach
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Holy Moley! My uncle is a trucker and he makes it up to Longways every so often. They have killer homefries and buiscuits n gravy that just won't QUIT!

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ^

SSG idsman75, U.S. ARMY
  • Options
    instrumentofwarinstrumentofwar Member Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dangit, man why'd ya have to bring up Longways. Countdown is on....30 days and I'll be home. I guess the better 7/8 already has my standard table set aside. GOD I CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK HOME.IDS, I guess some new waitress tried to do our old number, setting at one of the tables for most of the night just B.S.ing. Didn't last too long. I guess it was even said that it just wasn't the same without the three of us.

OHHHHHHHHHHH....JEANSSSSSSSSS....BEANSSSSSSSSSSSS

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never really liked Longways after I got sick on a chipped BBQ beef sandwich there. I just mostly eat at home now, and what we cook is what I have shot. But I still can't find any wild doughnuts, so I have to go to Jeans Beans for them. You have to get them hot though. Wait and let them get hard, and you might as well paint them orange and use them as clay pigions.

Trinity+++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)