In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

VA Turned Me Down Again

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited October 2015 in General Discussion
I served 10 years 8 in the military and 2 in the reserves and i was honorably discharged in both. They said i make to much money again.[:(]

I do not want to go to the VA doctors but i would like to get my medicine from them. My medicine is about 250 a month.

With me going to the pain clinic i will meet my 3000 dollar deductible in April. At 800 dollars a visit after April my medicine will drop to around 90 dollars a month.

So forget the VA i can not type what i would like to because i would be poofed. LOL

Comments

• Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just change your name to Mohamed Shantiel Johnson. You'll get taken right away!!!
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Just a Question You do the Paperwork Yourself or have your local service rep Help.

Se they know the tricks to getting it thru.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The VA ain't Burger King; you can't have it your way.

You & a million other guys would just like to use the VA drug plan without having to see a VA doctor. It doesn't work that way, they aren't going to change the rules; you can walk away, but your drugs are too expensive for you to throw a hissy fit.

Knuckle under, get with the program. Once you do, it won't seem that bad.

Neal
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dav1965,

Do you have a Service Connected Disability?

If so did you get rated zero to hundred %?

The free meds is a great benefit if you can qualify, but just serving honorably won't get you there.

I have a SCD that rates me at 50% since 1990 when I got out. I didn't even know I could receive the meds free until a few years ago when my County VA representative told me I should have been getting them all along.

If you don't ask they will not tell you.

Good luck, and thanks for your service.

Trinity +++
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Also I have just been informed that for them to cover my meds they need to come from a VA/gov facility.

We can no longer use local Pharmacy's.

Also as others have said you will need to see a VA Doc to get these meds.
  • Options
    Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    So, you want socialized medicine, but don't want to do the necessary procedures to obtain it.

Despite what the majority of the GBD members think, the VA represents a system the US should strive to become; like the rest of modern countries with single payer healthcare.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    So, you want socialized medicine, but don't want to do the necessary procedures to obtain it.

Despite what the majority of the GBD members think, the VA represents a system the US should strive to become; like the rest of modern countries with single payer healthcare.

Do you use the VA. I used to say how great they are. But now it takes forever to get test done and then to finally start treatment.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,811 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se

Do you use the VA. I used to say how great they are. But now it takes forever to get test done and then to finally start treatment.

You have to wait a very minimum 30 days to get an apt here.

If the DEMOCRATS ever wind up owning congress, the VA system as we know it will be no more. Their plan is to replace the VA with Medicaid, Medicare or some type insurance compliant within the realm of the ACA.
    Current VA facilities will become socialized government controlled health centers for everyone to use.
  • Options
    TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use my local VA Doc, and my meds come through the mail from the Syracuse VA Hospital Pharmacy.

I go on the MyHealthyVet web site every month & renew my scripts.

I saw a VA doctor on Thursday to schedule a test for Sleep Apnea. I will be tested in February-16.

So, yea it can take a while for appointments, but once in the system it works pretty well, at least it has for me.

Trinity +++