In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Idsman75

TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
edited November 2005 in General Discussion
I have some snail mail for you. I sent you an e-mail, but it came back. Give me a call.

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Idsman75, Read the other forum. There's a message for you. GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can you email me. I have a question/favor to ask. Thanks, Bryan.simonbs@flcjn.netORbryan.simon@us.army.mil
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, didn't see ya. You still there?

FCD

"Fortes et liber"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I guess the thread where we were talking about shooting at Gary's got poofed. Next time you are going up there and will be able to shoot fire me off an email at

I had some free range passes from Gary's but I used them all up. Guess I will have to pay now.

Edited by - warpig883 on 05/28/2002 00:27:20
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Do you happen to know what the pay is for a junior officer is or do you know where i can find info to help me? (Im doing this for some gov't homework)
    Thanks

Go Army Beat Navy
    IF you wanna have fun join the cavalry
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey man, you are in New York now right? Im on orders to APG, MD so maybe we can hook up sometime if you are gonna be around there for awhile. I'll be stateside in July and will be in MD by August.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Toolbrat here. I have a question.

Well, I have just signed up for JROTC and I had a few questions about going into the military after High School. I want to join the Army but I also want to fly. What opportunities are available for flying? I would also like for the military to pay for my college, and grad-school. I would like to go to O.C.S. and become an officer too. Another thing I have my eye on is the brass band. Do you think you could advise me on this? If you could I would be eternaly greatful. Thanx
    [:)] toolbrat

Master mess sargent RRG
    Flying-witch18.gif
    Oh my God! is the beginning of a prayer, not a one liner!
    We come into this life with nothing, everything after this is our treasure
  • Options
    edited November -1
    E-Mail Sent!

By the way, what a lovely tie you're wearing (Gotta keep it a general discussion after all! [8D])

signew.JPG

"The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey Bud,

I have been off work for the last several weeks. I had surgery, and I will not be back until after the 13th. Contact me at the house if you need your guns before this. I'll be here, I can't go anywhere, except out back to smack a coy-dog or two.[;)]

Trinity+++
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Are you on right now? I just signed on and saw you recently posted. Shoot me an email at my AKO with your phone number if you have a minute.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is now Dec. 8th and therefore to late to turn in any more entries. Did anyone remember Who won What was the prize Awww come on don't keep us in suspense.

Edited by - pickenup on 12/08/2002 21:51:48
  • Options
    edited November -1
    When the hell are you leaving that worthless job you got there?[;)]

Keith is leaving soon. He is getting promoted, and you know they will not let an E-7 stay in the section long. Todd's Navy Seabee unit is getting activated, and he will be going to the sand box in January. I could really use a good operational minded individual around here...what says you???[8D]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Who won the mystery box you were giveing away? Was it Aglore?
    What was it?
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I knew you would be willing to hunt with us. If we do go hunt it, I will invite you and anyone else on GB who wants to come along!

Got Guns?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Idsman, Where is the post about your mystery box? If it's a sign up, put my name in! GHD
  • Options
    edited November -1
    New Incentive to Join Army: Direct Sign-Up in Green Berets http://www.nytimes.com/2002/02/23/national/23BERE.html Got room for a 67-year-old with flat feet?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I hadn't seen this one, thought you'd like it.

The average military man is 19 years old.

He is a short haired, tight mustached kid, who, under normal circumstances is considered by society as half man, half boy. Not yet dry behind the ears, not old enough to vote or buy a beer, but old enough to die for his country. He never really cared much for work and he would rather wax his own car all day than wash his dad's car; but he never collected unemployment either.

He's a recent High School graduate; he was probably an average student, persued some form of sports activity, drives a ten year old jalopy, and has a steady girlfriend that recently broken up with him when he left, or has vowed on her life to be waiting for him when he returns from half a world away.

He listens to rock and roll or hip hop or rap or jazz or swing and 155 howitzers. He is 10 or 15 pounds lighter now than when he was at home because he is working or fighting from before dawn to well after dusk. He has trouble spelling, thus letter writing is a pain, but he can field strip his weapon in 30 secounds and re-assemble it in less time ... all in the dark.

He can recite you the nomanclature of a 50 cal. machine gun or a grenade launcher and effectively use either if the need arrises. He digs foxholes and latrines and can apply first aide like a professional. He can march until he is told to stop or can stop until he is told to march. He obeys orders instantly and without hesitation but he is not without spirit or individual dignity.

He is self-sufficient. He has two sets of fatiges: he washes one while wearing the other. He sometimes forgets to brush his teeth but he never forgets to clean his weapon. He can cook his own meals, mend his own clothes, and fix his own hurts or injuries. If you're thirsty, he'll share his water; if you are huungry, his food. He'll even split his ammunition with you, in the midst of battle, when you are running low.

He has learned to use his hands like weapons and his weapons like his hands. He can save your life -or take it; because that is his job. He will often do twice the work of a civilian, draw half the pay, and still find ironic humor in it all. He has seen seen more suffering and death than he should have to in a lifetime.

He has stood atop mountains of bodies... and help create them. He has wept in public and in private, for friends who have fallen in combat.... and is not ashamed. He feels every note of the National Anthem vibrate through his body while at rigid attention, while tempering the burning desire to 'square-away' those around him who haven't bothered to stand, remove their hats, or even stop talking. In an odd twist, day in and day out, far from home, he defends their right to be respectful.

Just as did his Father, Grandfather, and Great-grandfather, he is paying the price for freedom.

Beardless or not, he is not a boy.
    He is the American Fighting Man that has kept this country free for over 200 years. He has asked for nothing in return, except our friendshipand understanding. Remember him, always, fro he has earned our respect and admiration with his blood.

For our "Military Prayer Wheel" for our military.... please don't break it.

Please send this on after a short prayer.

Prayer Wheel: "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. "Amen."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    We sure got off to a rocky start but im really starting to like you....[:I]Math or no math ha ha
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have solved your dating quandry! I have found a place where a fella with your standards in women can not only be met, but EXCEEDED!
    Take a look-

girls-1.jpg

Now for the bad news- As you may have already guessed, you will have to, at a bare minimum, relocate to Isreal (Can you say Sinai mission!) in order to meet these gals, as they are officers and female soldiers from the T'zanhanim infantry brigade Signal Company (PALHICK) in combat deployment near the Occupied Territories.

. (How's your Hebrew????)

comp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Ok just because you posted your picture and some one wanted to use it for mouse patrol,it shouldnt keep you from coming on the forum[xx(]ha ha,your face wasnt that bad
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hey, do you know a guy (another arty guy) named SSG Toolin? He's a recruiter in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. If you ever get the chance to meet him, say "Steel 50 says 'Hello'" Finest NCO I have ever served with and one of my best friends.Brian
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Give me the length muzzle to breach on that shotgun. I'm gonna make a few cleaning rods up this weekend.

Woods
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How is the sand box?[:)]

Is it hot enough for you?[:D][}:)]

Just thought I would let you know that I sent your pictures out yesterday. However, when I picked them up they were very dark, and the largest one looked bent, and had scratches on it. When I brought this to the attention of the lady who was waiting on me she didn't want me to take them out of the store. She asked that you return and retake them, and I explained that you couldn't. She then wanted to give me a full refund, and I explained that your folks wanted these pictures. I told her that these pictures could be the last ones your folks ever got of your ugly mug if God forbid something happened and for some reason you didn't return from that hell hole you're in. I must have made her feel bad, because she let me take them. She also gave me an in store credit receipt for the full amount of the cost. I didn't think you could use it where you are, so I had her make it out to your parents. I enclosed it with the package I sent to them.

Keep your head down, and I haven't sold your guns yet!....[;)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    edited November -1
    hey if anyone is in his "path of destruction" [:D] to NY, have him give me a call. I cant reach him on email.

thanks

jumpmaster.bmp
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Maybe you can go " check this out.."

WE don't need citizen spies a post by Josey1...I brought it back to the top...just for you.
    read some of the responses.....

God,Guts,& GunsHave we lost all 3 ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    You've got mail.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well it has taken me 2 days to get up the nerve to press the post topic button on this subject,I want to start by saying i am sorry about the way our conversation went the other night on the subject of my sons airforce enlistment troubles,i guess i wasnt ready to hear someone elses thoughts on this issue. But if i felt that way i shouldnt have opened my self up for it,and i am sorry.Iguess i became an angry mom,when in fact the only person to blame was my son,and no one else,but they say everything happens for a reason and i guess he has to turn a negative thing into something positve and move on with his life in a diffrent direction and hopefully as his mother i hope he learned a life long lesson. And maybe he wont have to go through this with his children,because he couldnt imagine how proud as parents we were when we did think he was going to servre his country,what a big dissapointment for it to end up the way it did,but i guess we have to put it in past and go on.Thanks for listening
  • Options
    Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, if he gets popped sell me his motorcycle[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I'll be watchin out for him over there. In about 3 weeks I'll be CLS certified and if he is on one of our "road partys" I'll return the favor and do my best to help him or any soldier that needs help.

• Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks 7mm,

Keep a watch out for my boy, and keep yourself safe too.[:)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just emailed their Corporate Headquarters. Maybe I can get some free baby wipes out of them for my squad. Appaently they don't believe in selling baby wipes here at the PX.[:D] I enclosed my complaint with "Happy Holidays". Maybe they'll feel the giving spirit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    To heck with "Happy Holidays".

Say "Merry Christmas", and really Pi$$ them off...[;)]

Trinity +++