In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How do you get thru to a teenager?

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I just found out that Joe Pesci was right in the first Lethal Weapon, "they always screw you at the drive thru!"

Drove down to MceeDees for dinner since the wife has to work and I am alone with three hungry kids. Went up to the window and gave my order face to face, our MceeDees doenst have the annoying speaker thingy. I told him 1 #1 with no pickles or onions, 2 #2s with cheese and katsup only on the samiches and a chicken nugget Happy meal. Only dang thig they got right was the happy meal and the cokes! Screwed up all the samiches! I'm mad enough to drive back down there but don't really want to, my appetite is ruined after seeing mustard, pickles and onions on my samiches. So instead I am going to call them and explain to them exactly whatI think of their service.

How do you go about getting thru to an 18 year old airhead?

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    take his pipe away for 24 hours then try to talk to him.[^]
  • 358 WINCHESTER358 WINCHESTER Member Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    just keep talking to them for about five more years, then when they finally get and the light goes on walk away smiling.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    You have to check every item while sitting at the window! Invariably if you drive home before checking they will have screwed up! Make them do it all again! And the one they got right.....make them give you a fresh one because you had to wait while the redid their screwup! Any lip, park the car, walk in and demand to see the manager and explain it to him or her and they will probably give it to you free if you raise enough cane!!! GHD
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you have your hat on? If not he might have been taken back by the bald spot, and got confused!!![:0]

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hangfire, that was cruel man!

GHD, not only am I getting a free meal but the manager is going to bring it to my house! MceeDees delivers to upset customers[:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Have them repeat the order back to you...If its not right, then do it over again..
    When you get the order, CHECK IT....Sometimes its not the person taking the order that screws it up...sometimes its the ones making it....

But anywho, check it right there...so what if the line is held up....its your money ....If the order is wrong, then you know it was the kitchen...after all you have the printed out slip stating what you wanted...

cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    It has been my experience (not that I recommend it to you) A 2x4 upside the head gets results sometimes, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:How do you get thru to a teenager?

As my dearly departed dad used to say, "2x4 up side the head ought to get his attention!" [:0] [:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    njretcop

LOL didn't see your post [:D]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Maybe we're brothers..........hahahahha

You know the old expression: "Great minds often think alike!"

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • rldowns3rldowns3 Member Posts: 6,096
    edited November -1
    quote:How do you get thru to a teenager?

A Louisville slugger, that's how.

aliens.jpg
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I like it when they mess up the order. I call down and give the manager an ear full and they comp my next visit plus I eat the mistake order too.[:D][;)]

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    That happened to me at burger king today all I wanted was 2 chicken whoppers nothing on um but lettuce. what did i get 2 with lettuce and tomatoes

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • toolmaniamtoolmaniam Member Posts: 3,213
    edited November -1
    Bright lights and rubber hose works for me on my 3 teenage boys.[:D]
    Explain to them for every action there is a reaction, think first and then act. My kids get tired of me telling them not to put their cart before the horse but it seems to sink in after awhile.

A dead intruder cannot testify against you in a court of law!

If they're still moving, put another round in them!

P239n_Beauty.gif
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,058 ******
    edited November -1
    Trouble is, you were at McDonald's. McDonald's makes everything ONE WAY. Ask for an addition or deletion, and it boogers up the works.

They SHOULD post this sign:

"This is NOT Burger King. You CANNOT have it your way. You will get it OUR way, or not at all. Thank you, Management."

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Three way communication is a wonderful thing, if they punch in the order correctly; which is asking for two much. Check the order before driving off, then make them fix it right. Otherwise, as stated above, wait until they become human; around the age of 23 or so.[:)]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What the hell were you doing at McD's anyway? Don't you know that they support National Public Radio, are terribly liberal, and am surprised that they haven't had a "turn in your gun, get a Big Mac" weekend promotion. Oh crap, someone will probably read this and then they'll do it!!!

Best choices for "customized" burgers is Wendy's and Burger King. Don't support the enemy!!!!

John

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not shooting at me!
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 7mm nut
    hangfire, that was cruel man!

GHD, not only am I getting a free meal but the manager is going to bring it to my house! MceeDees delivers to upset customers[:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    I wonder If they will spit on your burgers once or twice. The mystery intrigues me.[:D]

Larry
  • TOOLS1TOOLS1 Member Posts: 6,133
    edited November -1
    Did you have your store bought teeth in?[}:)] Thay probly could not understand what you were saying[}:)][;)][:D]
    TOOLS

General TOOLS RRG

Don't go blaming the beer. Hank Hill

So much Ice, So much Beer. So little time. Shooter4

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem. Hank Hill

When I was a child, I thought as a child. But now that I am grown, I just wish I could act like a child and get away with it.
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie & FranF beat me to it!

I always complain if it happens, but find it happens far less often with other chains. Rotten Ronnie's hires robots and space cadets - the idea that someone might not want things according to the default setting is extraordinarily difficult for them to grasp. I've always figured the Golden Arches to be the power behind Bill Gates . . . .

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the French." (Mark Twain) ". . . And DemoCraps" (me)
  • gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us. At McDonald's our goal is to always strive for fast, accurate, and friendly service along with hot & fresh quality products. Occationally there are times when we do not meet our exceedingly high standards. We extend our sincerest apologies to you.

We realize that there are numerous choices out there today when it comes to selecting restaurants. Your patronage is our privilege. We want you to know that we highly value and appreciate you for choosing us. We hope to see you again soon at McDonald's."

Sincerely,
    Kathy Yoho
    McDonald's Restaurants

This is what I got back from the local owner. After repeted complaints of all orders being wrong....
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If they spit on my samiches there will be war!

Nunn, I emailed your suggestion to them[:D]

Tools, who needs teephers to talk?[:D]

gunrunner, why is it they think everyone wants onions, mustard and pickles on a cheeseburger? BARF!

Those who mentioned Burger King and Wendys, they are 12 miles away, Mceedees is 1. Besides if I was going to drive 12 miles for fast food I would go to KFC[:D][:D][:p][:p][:p]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    How do you get thru to a teenager??? I can't believe you asked that, thats almost like asking how do you figure out a woman??? Good luck!!![:D]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • schotzi1schotzi1 Member Posts: 307 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is not with them.....the problem is with you. YOU ASKED THEM TO DO SOMETHING THEY ARE NOT "PROGRAMED" TO DO. You said no pickle or onions.....remember - They were programed to put pickles and onions on a burger. It takes years to "get reprogramed".[:D]

I know I have an 18 year old.....I ask the same question all the time.[:(!]

"meet me in Margaritaville"
  • crosshaircrosshair Member Posts: 635 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First of all you never leave that window until you check every item because the kids just cannot seem to figure it out. I wonder at times if it is a contest for them to see how many people they can screw without the customer catching it. And for the question? you don't get thru to them!

Believe nothing that you hear and only one half of what you see!!

I'm Just One Man Talking!
  • Rebel_JamesRebel_James Member Posts: 4,746
    edited November -1
    A rubber hammer to the head worked....sometimes...with my boys when they were teenagers.

"If they won't give us good terms, come back and we'll fight it out."
    -- Gen. James Longstreet
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by njretcop
    It has been my experience (not that I recommend it to you) A 2x4 upside the head gets results sometimes, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"<br>NRA Certified Firearms Instructor<br>Member: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD.<br> <A
    HREF="mailto:njretcop@copmail.com">njretcop@copmail.com</A> <P>

I was going to suggest a size 12 Redwing to the other end myself.

I haven't eaten at McDees in 3 years. The day I picked up my Bike dad drove me out to the dealership. On the way there we went through the drive through at McDees and ordered big macs. All of a sudden dad takes a bite of his and yells YUCK. There was a straw wrapper spit ball in his sandwich. I don't eat in places where there isn't direct adult supervision in the kitchen anymore. Maybe part of it comes from my family being in the restaraunt business.

Woods

Hamlin.gif

rockin_lg_clr.gif
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Teenagers are living proof of why some animals eat their young![}:)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."(Proverbs 22:6)