In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kidney Stones-What a joy!!!!!!!!!!

4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Anyone ever had the joy of having them? I had one busted by ultrasound which was over an inch in diameter. I have been passing stones for the last 6 weeks,oh what a joy!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    I passed a stone about 4 years ago-WOW does that hurt. They could have cut me open and it would have felt good. It was the one with spikes on it. I drink apple cider vinegar with grapefruit juice 50/50 every morning (8 oz.)- haven't had trouble since.
  • Options
    BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Yeah the last little spikey * took 2 weeks to pass. It was my 3rd. Funny story - It satarted the day that my Brother-in-law and I decided we were still young enough to parachute. Musta just * a little to hard when I opened the chute.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Had em twice, six months apart with the last episode a year ago. Pain was outrageous and needed morphine until they passed. They were no larger than the gravel you shake out of a faucet aeriator. I cant imagine the pleasure of larger stones. After they pass you feel reborn.
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    If ever there was a hell on earth. It was the only time I ever felt like dying. Being gut shot would have been a less painful alternative. God bless those who have had them and god help those that will.
  • Options
    Richie RichRichie Rich Member Posts: 439 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just went through this with the wife, She descibed it as labor pains all over again.
    Remember,"your woman may not find you handsome, But atleast she'll find ya handy". I love that show..............
  • Options
    Jungle JimJungle Jim Member Posts: 301 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    4 Wheeler:I've had the lithotripsy twice, and laser once. My advice is to find out what's making the stone by having it analyzed.The last one I had was a stone embedded on the wall of my bladder, not a kidney stone like before. The toughest part for me has always been the "stint"; so bad this last time that I had to have it removed without anesthetic! Terrible ! I have oxyalic stones, not calcium like some folks, I'm on a special diet now -- have had to give up most of my favorite foods: like green beans, pickled beets, etc. I feel for you ! My first stone in '94 was so large it took 2 blastings to get it, and I passed sand for several weeks afterwards. In '99, I had another episode, but the stone wouldn't pass as it was embedded on my bladder wall. The last Doctor found the cause, the first one never looked!Good luck!Jim
    "De Oppresso Liber"
  • Options
    4wheeler4wheeler Member Posts: 3,441
    edited November -1
    i am in the process of getting tested to see what can be done about future stones. one thing for sure drinking beer has not worked.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Good for you, 4 wheeler!My sister (the nurse practicioner) told me to lay off soft drinks, seems the phosphorus in them helps build stones. Don't know about beer - but I did drink a lot of beer trying to pass the last stone, and couldn't because it was embedded. One of my SF buddies swears by green coconut juice; says it will dissolve kidney stones. I do know that green coconut juice is a powerful laxative, and I didn't need any more problems! (Plus I wasn't able to find fresh green coconuts in Texas). I hope your doctor can find the stone source; if not you'll probably get another stone in 3 to 5 years as I did.Good luck.Jim
  • Options
    califsaecocalifsaeco Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have BEEN THERE and the cause is not drinking enought WATER!! Not beer, juice, wine! If you will dring a half gallon of pure water daily you will never have another attack unless an already imbedded one comes loose.Haven't had one since JP
  • Options
    edited November -1
    JP:I'm glad that water has been working for you.It didn't work for me, I drink more than 1/2 gallon per day, but my body was still building stones. My Doctor says Oxyalic acid contained in several foods was causing the problem, and I believe him. The water will flush out your system and that sure helps,but in my case it wasn't enough. It probably depends on what kind of stones you have, the calcified stones are easier to get rid of, medication will dissolve them. The stones I had are tough to break up, even with Lithotripsy - the first one I had was so large I had to have the treatment twice.I sill have pieces of it and the stint as a reminder! (I don't have to be reminded of the pain however!)
    "De Oppresso Liber"