In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Four Golden Rules

cowboy62cowboy62 Member Posts: 70 ✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
How many of your children can recite the Four Golden Rules of firearm safety????Be honest! Heck how many of you can recite them?Cowboy

Comments

• Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to see ya cowboy.It's loaded, period.Don't point at it unless you're willing to destroy it.Be sure of your target and what's behind it.Finger off 'til target on.Clouder..
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    1. "The one with the gold makes the rules."What are the other three? :-)
  • Options
    Fletch21Fletch21 Member Posts: 8 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think most kids that where brought up in an ethical familly that hunted or participated in other shooting sports will do just fine the kids that where brought up in a familly where guns where ignored and teach there kids of the proper use of a gun and what can do is the ones that I am worried about.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The reason I ask is this....I have taught my children to recite the four golden rules. Some people have said that they did not need be able to recite them as long as they knew them.Well, my oldest son (10 years old), went to camp this summer. At camp they cold choose several activities, one of which was riflery.I asked him to make sure the adult in charge could recite the four golden rules. So my son gets up to bat, and asks the instructor about the rules, the guy was honest and said he couldn't recite them. He asked my son if he could, and Christopher did. The instructor then had Christopher teach it to the rest of the 20 kids there.My point is, now Christopher has started a chain of knowledge that may indeed save countless lives in the future.Knowing the rules is good for you, but being able to recite them and teach them is even better for the world at large.I did notice that very few people involved themselves with this thread. I find that interesting on several levels....Cowboy
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    I didn't answer because 'Clouder read the thread and answered before me. I thought it was kind of redundant to reanswer. Do you find that interesting?Not tryin' to take away from what you're doing because it is a good thing.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I am sure there are many reasons for such little interest in this thread.Thank you.Cowboy
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now I feel bad for making a joke, but I know it's an important topic, honest. BTTT.