In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Montgomery County: Now Is the Time For Action

BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
I've always believed that people need to let their feelings be known if change is to happen. You cant just sit on your beliefs if anything is gonna get done.I'm actually seriously considering some sort of active and semi-long-lasting protest in Montgomery County.The council in that county has the most revoltingly repressive political agenda I have seen on the East coast in a long time. The crusade to drive smokers out of town, the crusade to put lawful gun owners in prison. And now, this ridiculous Santa-ban fiasco.That area (or at least the politicians in that county) are so utterly liberal, so utterly idiotic, so utterly vulgar and disgusting to the cause of liberty, that I think my only recourse is protest.I'd like some ideas on what sort of a protest I should rig-up.

Comments

• Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I lived there, I complained, protested, and whined. The people there are just nuts.
    The definition of an "expert":An "X" is an unknown quantity and a "spurt" is a drip under pressure.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm serious though. I live in upstate NY, so its not a terribly long haul for me.If it comes down to me and anyone else I can rig up sitting in the town square for 3 weeks, I'll do it.
  • Options
    thebutcherthebutcher Member Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where are you from in NY? I hunt in the Hudson Valley.
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I do live in Montgomery County. As a protest against the local governments, I VOTE REPUBLICAN AND SEND MONEY TO THE NRA! And it is paying off. Just a few weeks ago I attended a gun show at the Gaithersburg fair grounds that the liberals have tried to ban for a long time. I considered my attendance at that show a protest also. As for sitting in the town square for weeks on end, I don't think my job would still be there if I didn't show up for that long.
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'd go to every town council meeting and scream myself hoarse till they threw me out and wouldnt let me come back.But maybe that'd be providing fuel for their insanity.
  • Options
    Mark IIMark II Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd do that, but I don't live in Kensington or Gaithersburg. And I don't know when or where the town meetings are in the peace/love/hippie town that I do live in. This town was actually considering banning all firearms within town limits, but it was struck down by the state as being unconstitutional. Somebody in Annapolis still knows about the second amendment....
    "To meet with ill fortune is to meet with good fortune. To meet with submission is to meet an enemy."
  • Options
    Mom MomMom Mom Member Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to city council in a Santa suit with a big stoogie. I'd suggest you send each council member a lump of coal, provided coal has not yet been banned due to it's harmful air polluting qualities and non-earth friendly means of mining it. Take some unruly elves with you to sing Christmas carols. Tiny Tim would be a nice touch. Read "A night Before Christmas" in the hallway LOUDLY before the meeting starts. Bake them each their own personal fruitcake. Finally, collect all the little whos to gather round the tree and sing Welcome Chrsitmas.
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you think it's something in the water?
  • Options
    rg666rg666 Member Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I live in Montgomery co. The County is in lock step with our gun-grabbing Governor. Montgomery co. was one of the test beds for Clintons anti-gun agenda as well. I even changed to the Democratic party so I could vote "against" the worst of the liberals. I have posted this link before. I'm begging you all. Go to this site and take 10 minutes to read what is happening here. What they want to do here is 1000 times worse!!!!!!!!!!RG http://www.oag.state.md.us/Press/pr289.htm
  • Options
    .250Savage.250Savage Member Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same old lies. Same response. Keep telling the truth. Keep refuting the lies. Expect to be ignored, ridiculed, insulted, screamed at. Believe me, it comes with the territory. Don't quit. Don't ever quit.
  • Options
    Miss. CreantMiss. Creant Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i think you should get naked and show up at the county meetings. It is probably the only way you will get any attention.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rg666 -- That link's pretty scary all right! I'm always amused by people who think that banning firearms will (a) keep them out of the hands of criminals; and (b) if somehow all firearms were mysteriously to stop working tomorrow, that would end violence. We've already done the experiment of banning all firearms: it's called human history after the development of urban civilization but prior to the widespread adoption of gunpowder. Of course, it was an era of universal peace, brotherhood, and justice, right?