In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DUDE' don't get a Dell...AGAIN (Dell on HCI list of contributors)

Josey1Josey1 Member Posts: 9,598 ✭✭
edited February 2002 in General Discussion
DUDE' don't get a Dell...AGAINBy CARMA LEWIS AFA NATIONAL DIRECTOR[from admin: Read the replies posted below before accepting this as fact. We do not feel that Dell I anti-gun because Dell treats GunBroker.com very well.] I guess Mr. Michael Dell thought that he could pull the wool over the eyes of the pro-second amendment/pro-freedom fighters, and maybe he did for a "very short" time. But now he is going to see what "strength" there is in "OUR" arena. Send this list out to "EVERYONE" that loves freedom and we'll show Dell "it's not nice to fool second amendment supporters". We have an incredible opportunity to show what we're made of, let's do it!! This just fell into our lap, now for the first time in a long time we can turn the tide on these "liars, creeps, and haters of freedom". I've had 15 visits on my web site from Dell this morning as opposed to 110 yesterday. After that sappy letter from Michael Dell they thought they had nipped their troubles in the bud! Think again!!AFA realizes that every business and individual has the right to choose who they donate to just as we have the right to chose where we spend our hard earned dollars. What AFA takes offense to is the lack of integrity from Michael Dell by continuing to lie to us and not standing up for what he believes in.Mr. Michael Dell, Armed Females of America would like to introduce you to the 83 million lawful gunowners in America. Below find a list of all Handgun Control, Inc. supporters, and most especially take note of DELL COMPUTERS.Handgun Control, Inc. Online Shopping MallBe sure to bookmark the Handgun Control, Inc. Online Shopping Mall as one of your favorites. Connections to commercial websites must be made immediately from this links page for Handgun Control, Inc. to receive its share!Select a category...Beauty & FashionBooksClothingComputers & AccessoriesEntertainmentFoodGiftsHealth & FitnessHobbiesHome & GardenMoney & FinanceOffice SuppliesSporting GoodsToys & GamesMiscellaneous Beauty & FashionBoutique Beverly Hills eve.com First Jewelry Frangrance Net iBeauty ingredients.com Jewelry Spotlight Jewelry Web LaParfumerie Merlite Jewelry Perfumania Smallflower Yves Rocher Books1bookstreet.com 1800Gifts AllBooks4Less.com Borders Britannica Store Business Book Review hooloo.com Reader's Digest Seek Books VarsityBooks.comClothingAll Together Leather Bugle Boyr Clark's Register dELiA*s Designer Outlet Esprit Frenchtoast.com Gordmans Jos. A. Bank Last Best Place Moret Online Paul Fredrick Shades.com Sharper Image Simply Dresses Underneath weeGEARComputers & AccessoriesCrucial Technology Dell Fragcity Got It Direct Hardware Street McAfee OmniPlayer Outpost.comEntertainmentCD Universe CheckOut.com DVD Express Express.com Hifi.com Humongous Entertainment K-Tel 70's Compilations K-Tel 80's Compilations K-Tel Boxsets MusicYo - Musical Instruments Next Planet Over Sony Music DirectFoodAckerman & Cooke A.G. Ferrari Foods Cajun Grocer Coffee Direct Cooking.com eDelights Fulton Street Great Coffee Hickory Farms Le Village Omaha Steaks Palm Beach School of Cooking Sweet Lobster Company Wire A CakeGifts1-800-Flowers Arizona Gifts & Souvenirs AshLane Gift Baskets Bellamondo Brainstorms Flooz.com Florist.com Flower.com Flower Farm FTD Gift Paks Go Shopping GreatFlowers Hallmark Spencer Gifts TheGift.com Via Bonita GiftsHealth & FitnessAll Herb Discount Nutrition eDiets eNutrition Mass Quantities More.com Natural Body Bar Optical Site SelfCare SmoothEase VitalCastHobbiesAmerican Historic Society Bead Room Cigar.com eHobbies Franklin Mint Hollywood.com, Inc. Home Craft Show International Collectors Society Sessions Swiss Army Depot WWF ShopZoneHome & GardenArt.com Virtual Store Burpee Seeds & Plants Brylane Home Decals By Csuray Discover Nature Furniture Online Gardener's Supply Company Hardware.com Heather Ann Illuminations Landscape USA Martha Stewart Living Petopia PetQuarters Ross-Simons Terry's Village Catalog Wicks EndMoney & FinanceAmerican Expressr Gold Corporate Card for Small BusinessOffice SuppliesNew York First OfficeFurniture.com OfficeMax Shop One to One Total Office SupplySporting GoodsAngler's beOutdoors.com big deal snow/skate/wakeboards Custom Golf Fusion Gear.com GigaGolf Golf Warehouse International Golf Outlet MVP.com Shop CBS SportsLine Snowtraders TSI SoccerToys & GamesGamePro Superstore KB Kids Oriental Trading Company SmarterKids.comMiscellaneous800-Trekker.com "As Seen On TV" products Auto Accessory Bulldog Store City Stuff Disney Store ePrintPress GaZoom Green Marketplace Hoopla, Inc. iBaby Light Impressions Sunbelt Direct Tendollars.com Warner Bros. Store Widerview VillagBelow is the letter in it's entirety from Michael Dell.From Dell, Inc Founder and CEO - Michael Dell:U.S. export laws restrict the sale of technology to terrorists and to people in countries that support terrorism. These laws also prohibit computer sales to people who will use the technology in developing biological or nuclear weapons. Dell strictly complies with our country's export laws in order to ensure the safety of our customers and citizens around the world. When there is reasonable cause for concern, we carefully review customer orders for prohibited destinations and activities.When additional follow-up on an order is required, our sales representatives ask our customers four basic questions:1. Who is the end-user?2. Where will the product be used?3. What will the product be used for?4. What type of business or industry is involved?The answers to these questions, like all customer information we gather, are confidential and are not shared outside of Dell.We recently received an order from a customer whose company name included the word "combat." We cancelled the order to give us enough time follow up with the customer and be assured that the sale would be in compliance with U.S. export law. However, we failed to contact the customer, and as a result, we did not deliver the order as promised, and the customer did not know why. Once we discovered our error, we apologized to the customer for this misunderstanding, as well as the inconvenience caused by the delay. This is not the service standard that we hold ourselves to at Dell, and if I were a customer who'd received similar treatment, I would be very disappointed.We at Dell feel a strong obligation to uphold our federal law, but we have just as strong an obligation to be responsive to the needs of all our customers. I want assure you that Dell does not discriminate against any business, regardless of the products or services they sell, nor do we discriminate against individual consumers. We do, however, sometimes make mistakes - as we did in this case.Thank you for your support.Sincerely,Michael Dell http://www.armedfemalesofamerica.com/index.php?section=<b>BOYCOTT+FOR+FREEDOM%3 C%2FB%3E [This message has been edited by admin (edited 02-28-2002).]

Comments

• Options
    Tailgunner1954Tailgunner1954 Member Posts: 7,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    there was a disscussion of this on another board, turns out that a linking agency is/was posting clients names on the HCI site without the permission or knowlege of the clientsBRB while i go find the link http://www.serveroptions.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/003985.html Here is what one of the answering posts has to sayUhhh, errr, ummm, it looks like that link I posted for "contributors" to HCI contains a bunch of people who don't KNOW they're on the list. One of them, CustomGolf responded to an e-mail to a guy at another site, as follows:quote:
    There is indeed a link to our company on the website you gave me. Please be aware that all of our staff here at CustomGolf.com ( all males from age 30 to 60) are gun owners and avid hunters. We are not taking a political stance for gun control. Hell, I'd vote for Ted Nugent for president if I thought he had a chance to win. Our affiliate program, which is run through Linkshare, has too many link sites for us to keep a close eye on at all times. You can certainly do business with us by going directly to our site at www.customgolf.com without clicking through on their site. This will assure that they receive no commission. I can tell you that we have never paid them a commission for a sale. I understand your stance on gun control and I beleive it is very similar to that of mine. I hope that you will not let this stop you from considering us for your golf equipment if you are in fact a golfer.
    The guy who posted this said he'd e-mailed a bunch of the businesses listed there, and they were all surprised their business was on the list. Something about Linkshare, who it appears IS HCI friendly, added some of their customers to the list without the customers knowing it. I'd imagine a number of irate Linkshare customers are chewing on them about now. [This message has been edited by Tailgunner1954 (edited 02-28-2002).][This message has been edited by Tailgunner1954 (edited 02-28-2002).]
  • Options
    adminadmin Member, Administrator Posts: 1,079 admin
    edited November -1
    I did some research into this and what TailGunner said is correct. The 'Handgun Control, Inc. Online Shopping Mall' is not run by HCI. It is run by some third-party company that tries to help raise money for non-profit groups. Note that the URL for the 'Handgun Control, Inc. Online Shopping Mall' is actually http://www.progressivefunds.com/hci. If you go to http://www.progressivefunds.com/ you can read about them on that page.All of the links on the 'Handgun Control, Inc. Online Shopping Mall' are simply links to an affiliate program run through LinkShare.com. If you look at the links they all start with http://linksynergy.com/... If you go to http://linksynergy.com you will see that they simply manage affiliate programs, much like Commission Junction whom we use for our affiliate program.I am 100% sure that Michael Dell has no idea who is linked to his site through the LinkSynergy affiliate program. I also doubt that Dell has any anti-gun stance. I can say that they have always been very good to GunBroker.com.
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Whew! My father-in-law and my best friend just got Dell computers. I might get one next year. I'm already in enough hot water with some people on this board for using Road Runner!