In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Have your civil liberties been resticted?

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Do yo believe that since the WTC 9/11 attack that the government has violated or resticted your civil liberties?I believe to a certain extent that they have but then again I don't see too many alternatives to catching the terrorists. I do believe that in time that the laws passed will not die with a sunset clause. It just may effect us more than we can see right now.

Comments

• Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do not buy that nonsense that the only way to catch terrorists is by stomping on civil liberties. It might not be easy, but it can certainly be done. No one ever said it was supposed to be easy, functioning during crisis while not stomping on the rights of the citizens.It is amazing how during war time(uhhh what war?), the government can stomp on the rights of the citizens, and ignore the law and the constitution. And the people accept it with open arms.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,013 ******
    edited November -1
    We the sheeple have been handing our civil liberties over to the tyrants with both hands, trading them for "security" and "safety." As Ben Franklin said, we deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Certified SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of the General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the premier gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net Jesus is Lord!
  • Options
    Gordian BladeGordian Blade Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've posted this opinion before, but here goes again: I'm much more worried over the slow erosion of our liberties over decades than measures enacted during some "emergency" or other. With few exceptions (private ownership of gold being one, slightly better concealed carry laws in some states being another), the ratchet seems to go only one way. Remember, the Grand Canyon was eroded over millions of years one grain of sand at a time.