In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 20 .38 Super conversion barrel

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Just in case some of you over here, don't visit the "Wanted" forum....

"Hey fellas. I'm looking for a gently used Glock 20(10mm), .38 Super conversion barrel. I know Lone wolf Dist. made them at one time. Thanks!"

Jon

Comments

• Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So I was going to ask if .357 Sig was cheaper, but I guess I was incorrect. But in looking at performance it seems .357 Sig is a better performer than .38 super. So are you just wanting a "niche" caliber?
  • Options
    M1A762M1A762 Member Posts: 3,426
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar
    So I was going to ask if .357 Sig was cheaper, but I guess I was incorrect. But in looking at performance it seems .357 Sig is a better performer than .38 super. So are you just wanting a "niche" caliber?

.38 super is not even close to .357sig. You can easily surpass 1500fps with .357sig in a glock 20 with a 6" lone wolf barrel.

Very accurate also![:)]
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

Yeah, I'm just wanting to add to the other calibers I can shoot out of it. I have the 9mm, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, and standard 10mm barrels right now. I wanted the .38 Super when it came out, but with adding the above calibers, didn't have the cash and slept too long on it I guess.

Jon
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    The 357Sig is hotter, but the 38Super is more fun to shoot competitively. It still gets really close to the Sig in power when using judicious reloads; not a Grok Owner, so couldn't comment on whether my Witness loads would damage a Grok.