In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

APPLESEED SHOOT COMING!

gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
edited May 2009 in General Discussion
I realize that there are only like 5 members in nM, but there will be an Appleseed Shoot on 27-28June at the Albuquerque Shooting Range Park! Another is slated for later this summer at Whittington Center SouthWest of Raton .
Under 21, Women and Vets shoot FREE!
The first shoot is $45 for 1 day; $70 for the whole enchilada.
Go to http://www.eventbrite.com/event/130282679 for details and other shoots planned.
Hope to see you there!

Comments

• spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Wow. I don't consider myself a bad shot, but I don't think I could hit an appleseed with a Howitzer.
  • tneff1969tneff1969 Member Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That would be an interesting event to watch
  • buffalobobuffalobo Member Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appleseed folks, IMO, do great service to America and everyone should try to attend. More than just shooting event.

They are having shoot in Colorado May 30-31, Ramah, CO(Kiowa area)

www.appleseedinfo.org
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now there is a pro-gun-rights organization!

Keep up the good work.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,611 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    I realize that there are only like 5 members in nM, but there will be an Appleseed Shoot on 27-28June at the Albuquerque Shooting Range Park! Another is slated for later this summer at Whittington Center SouthWest of Raton .
    Under 21, Women and Vets shoot FREE!
    The first shoot is $45 for 1 day; $70 for the whole enchilada.
    Go to http://www.eventbrite.com/event/130282679 for details and other shoots planned.
    Hope to see you there!

Whatcha going to take and shoot?
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    well worth the price, my daughter (13) and i went to one a few months back, it was nothing like we were use to .wore me slap out.

guns you might not want to take would be tube feed, single shots , lever action,as you have to do mag changes, 8 in 1 mag 2 in another and so on. so you can see were some guns would be a pain and there is a time limit to shoot also,
    i took a win 9294 .

1022 type were the ticket on the day we went.

open sights or scope, scope were great for the smaller targets.

SHE SCORED 169 OUT OF 210,[:0][:D] and she was ready to quit 3hr before it was over, she was pretty tired at the end,
    make sure you take enough AMMO,food and drinks.[;)]

I WOULD/WILL DO IT AGAIN,[:p]

daughter wore her Appleseed shirt to school today ,,,, will see if she is sent home for wearing it,,,[;)]
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    I'll have to drag out the Nylon 66, the 10-22, the AR-7, a few old Remington copies from Brasil, the new Sako in 6.8, my M1 Carbine, and they specifically asked that I bring the 10-22 Magnum I just finished "sporterizing".
    I'm pretty well used to bringing more guns and ammo than I can shoot by myself; there are so many folks that don't have a functioning firearm in their lives, or don't know how to properly clean and lubricate a weapon, and they wind up NOT shooting due to negligence.
    I asked the promoters I spoke with, and they were tolerant of almost any guns, but hesitated a bit when I said I'd bring out a few .300WM for them to shoot alongside me with.
    I like the concept of having a day of important instruction in riflery, Constitutional Law, facts about our Revolutionary War, steps to the perfect shot, aiming with iron sights, and so forth, all while sipping iced tea and munching hot dogs or Navajo Tacos with a group of folks that are eager to learn and improve their skills.
    Maybe I'll bring some Wimmen from my offices so that they can discover what it is that I do every weekend, and check out the dudes.