In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Suppressor Waiting Time?

grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
Been thinking of getting a suppressor or two. Has the waiting period gotten any better than 8-9 months?

Comments

• Options
    grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been thinking of getting a suppressor or two. Has the waiting period gotten any better than 8-9 months?
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was talking with a Toole dealers the other day on it. They said about 6 months.

Look at Silencerco. They have a rebate right now that if you spend over 800 you get a free one.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    200-300 days depending on the type of application method.
    This should be a 30-90 day process if not for the intentional foot dragging.
    This is simply ludicrous. He!!, I'm a "civilian contractor" with very limited computer access to records and I can "run a background check" in minutes that will determine those applicants who "need a more detailed" investigation and who's a straight arrow upright citizen.
    You send in 2 applications AT THE SAME TIME and BOTH get the 3rd degree from (most likely) different desk monkeys. How the HE!! is that efficient?
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    The "delay" is caused by the butthurt nannies trying to keep those "killing machines" out of the wrong hands(yours).
    Typical progliblefty thinking by the same buncha swell folks that still think oblammy's in charge.
    If it were about efficiency, it wouldn't be called the Goobermint.
  • Options
    shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While I agree the wait time is too long it does fluctuate a lot. It is simply a matter of their are X number of examiners and the can process X number of applications a day. If they receive more applications than the wait time will go up slowly. A couple years ago, in 2016 I believe, the government allocated extra examiners to help clear the back log. The wait time was over a year. When the were finished it was taking less than a month. I put in for an sbr and my stamp was back in 3 weeks at the end of 2016.

It has been steadily and slowly increasing since then. Like I commented on your other post its around 7 months right now.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The "delay" is caused by the butthurt nannies trying to keep those "killing machines" out of the wrong hands(yours)."

NOT according BATFE. They say they're "working as fast as their staff can manage" and it's those pesky FBI dudes who aren't getting the background info processed promptly.
  • Options
    rambo rebelrambo rebel Member Posts: 4,028
    edited November -1
    getting better they say but I'm on month 13
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    A few Years back, the NorthWest had only One Rubber Stamper, and I waited Seven Months. Would be interested in what the wait is now, in WA,OR,ID, MT?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rambo rebel
    getting better they say but I'm on month 13

Did you do it on a trust?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HandLoad
    A few Years back, the NorthWest had only One Rubber Stamper, and I waited Seven Months. Would be interested in what the wait is now, in WA,OR,ID, MT?

Should be the same anywhere since the all go to the same NFA processing center.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mobuck
    "The "delay" is caused by the butthurt nannies trying to keep those "killing machines" out of the wrong hands(yours)."

NOT according BATFE. They say they're "working as fast as their staff can manage" and it's those pesky FBI dudes who aren't getting the background info processed promptly.

Right, and I'd believe the ATF way before I'd believe the FBI.....

Damn green font!!!