In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

World War 3

dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
I think if we mess with North Korea this could be the start of a great big mess.

We know Russia will be against us. Maybe China that could go either way.

South Korea will be the big loser in the mess. They do not have a chance.

America would ave to have a plan to destroy everything North Korea has in 1 strike before they have a clue about what is going on. While out military is great i do not think we are that good.

1 fat little twerp is going to mess up so many lives its unbelievable.

There is no way we can let him have nuclear missiles. So everybody is in a bind over 1 rabid puppy.

Comments

• Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It sounds like a war outside. Why everybody likes shooting at midnight i have no idea. My butt is staying inside in case the idiots are shooting straight up.[:(]
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Agreed. Only thing I would change would be the puppy part....

"One Rabid Fat Little Weasel".
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not dealing with this idiot because he has a large army and significant weapons is part of the problem that got us here.

If China insist that any military action against North Korea would bring them into the fray of course that greatly complicates things.

I am not sure why Russia would care about them but their insistence on protecting Syria or aligning themselves with other radicals makes no sense either.

Perhaps focusing on defensive strategies would be great but if you trash the earth over there you effectively trash it here too.

Coulda shoulda woulda if we had done the "wrong" thing in the late 40's and early 50's maybe the problem wouldn't be here now.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We should have kicked their * in the 50's but we have been putting it off for 60 years.

The USA, right now could kick China and Russias *. If they start throwing nukes its going to be ugly but we have way more and better delivery systems than they do and most importantly they know it.

Give China 40 years to build up so they can project power and we are done.

This needs to be resolved ASAP.
    RLTW

• Options
    TfloggerTflogger Member Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If we can stave things off for 10 years, their young may be as lazy and willfully ignorant as ours.
    But I wouldn't bet the farm on that.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    You nervous Nellies calm down.

I wrote this a few days ago and expect it to play out very close to reality:

The answer is obvious and it's a win/win for everyone involved EXCEPT Kim Jong, he has to die. Have him assassinated, let China overrun the country and push the North and South to reunite with Seoul as the capital. China won't have the maintenance of 20 million hungry North Koreans, they will be eating at kinfolks tables in the South.

The reason a major and expensive US military force is in South Korea has just been made moot. President Trump ends a 65 year old war, the longest in American history.

Korea is reunified = WIN. China sees America pack up and leave = WIN. America saves a fortune in the DOD budget = WIN. World no longer has a nutjob running nuclear North Korea = WIN. China is Communist in name only now. They know Communism sucks thanks to Wal-Mart. Korea is better as a free trading partner.

There are many possible benefits and President Trump is a businessman and American. We could have an American renaissance if we all pulled together. The Millennials have never seen a good president or a prosperous America. It's about time they did.
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are correct. I suspect China is partly pushibg NOKO buttons to distract Trump from a currency war. As long as us and China are working together on NOKO, there is no reason to piss off China on currency.

Does South Korea play nice with China? I think so.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Russia has to save face, and adopt the anti-American fractions in the world to do it.
    Putin is no fool; he's got forces working in the Faerohs, up near the Artic Circle, and all around the former Bosnian/Chechnyan/Georgian states. Building stuff. Why? I believe he sees the writing on the wall, that if we & China forge an alliance of convenience/commerce; Russia will fall further behind in tech and living standard, and he won't let that happen.
    His best bet would be to sell both sides the weapons & let the chips fall.
    But, nukes? Not unless the fat little rat bastige pushes the right button; so far, their bleening missiles don't aim well, and most don't get more than 20 miles before blowing up.

The dark scenario would have China absorbing the Norks, in order for their new puppet goobermint to aggress us without any obvious exposure to their Chinese masters.
    In that case, we will NEED Putin's boys on our side even if just for forward staging.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunnut505
    Russia has to save face, and adopt the anti-American fractions in the world to do it.
    Putin is no fool; he's got forces working in the Faerohs, up near the Artic Circle, and all around the former Bosnian/Chechnyan/Georgian states. Building stuff. Why? I believe he sees the writing on the wall, that if we & China forge an alliance of convenience/commerce; Russia will fall further behind in tech and living standard, and he won't let that happen.
    His best bet would be to sell both sides the weapons & let the chips fall.
    But, nukes? Not unless the fat little rat bastige pushes the right button; so far, their bleening missiles don't aim well, and most don't get more than 20 miles before blowing up.

The dark scenario would have China absorbing the Norks, in order for their new puppet goobermint to aggress us without any obvious exposure to their Chinese masters.
    In that case, we will NEED Putin's boys on our side even if just for forward staging.

As strange as the world has become, Europe is Putin's playground. He is the most stable supplier of oil and natural gas. Countries have to pay treasure for war and unless you're an arms dealer, there is no profit that could not be better earned than through trade.

This is China's century just like the last one was Americas. That's okay, we earned our laurels and deserve retirement. The 22nd century will most likely be India or Malaysia's turn.

Don't worry much about Putin. Peace is to his advantage. The only sabre rattlers are the Democrats that want to reestablish a new Cold War. Screw that noise.
  • Options
    jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    China is not going to war over that little punk. Russia has no interest in the whole deal except to get us involved in someplace else other than Syria. He won't last as long as Sadam did. His army is half starved.
  • Options
    svg25ssmsvg25ssm Member Posts: 116 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sam106,you nailed it.It only took 2 big ones to stop WWII.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by svg25ssm

Yeah.

(But) Back then, We were the only ones that had them.

Big difference now.

(And) They were "Little ones."

By orders of magnitude.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1

Yeah.

Big difference now.

By orders of magnitude.

The one called Bravo One at Bikini was s'posed to be 1.5 megatons. Turned out it was closer to 20. Those were the warheads on the Redeyes(?) and the silo birds until the Pershings came out.
  • Options
    pricklypearpricklypear Member Posts: 362 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think the Chinese or the Russians are willing to die for the fat guy with the funny hairdo.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Yeah.

Big difference now.

By orders of magnitude.

The one called Bravo One at Bikini was s'posed to be 1.5 megatons. Turned out it was closer to 20. Those were the warheads on the Redeyes(?) and the silo birds until the Pershings came out.
    Now we have subs who carry 20+ at 490ish Mega-Tons.

8 of them to be exact.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Can't get to SHTF and WROL with out him!! let's ride!!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Cubslover

Yeah.

Big difference now.

By orders of magnitude.

Now we have subs who carry 20+ at 490ish Mega-Tons.

8 of them to be exact.

SSN 779.
    I send them chile powder for the La Posta Mess.
    Didn't know the yields of those were 2 steps above the Annihilation Level.
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    My Dad, (lifer 32yr Airborne, CSM, WWII, Korea, Vietnam.)

Was the "Governments guest" at quite a few blasts in Alamagordo, NM,, and before that in the Pacific, when the Govt. was trying to figure out "how close was safe" it would be for our troops in a Nuclear blast.

I spent a lot of time at White Sands Missile Base, watching Dad, blow stuff up, in the 60's.

Fond memories.

Dad had some interesting stories.

God I miss him............
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my lake neighbor was Army at the time of the first nuke tests in NM...said they asked for volunteers to man trenches at different distances from the tests...the more bonus $$ the closer they volunteered ...Tom decided this was not in his best interests and declined...also said all the guys he knew that went in are dead now, most he knew from some form of cancer
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Mail him a surprise package that says from Dennis Rodman. Open and kaboom
  • Options
    popgunpopgun Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    My Dad, (lifer 32yr Airborne, CSM, WWII, Korea, Vietnam.)

Was the "Governments guest" at quite a few blasts in Alamagordo, NM,, and before that in the Pacific, when the Govt. was trying to figure out "how close was safe" it would be for our troops in a Nuclear blast.

I spent a lot of time at White Sands Missile Base, watching Dad, blow stuff up, in the 60's.

Fond memories.

Dad had some interesting stories.

God I miss him............

Then you're familiar with Stallion Gate near the Owl, and maybe Orogrande Gate near the M60 towers....