In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Would you die for your country

walliewallie Member Posts: 12,171
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
There will come a time when the world will be so over populated that every country in the world will have a mandatory draft.

But this time the age limit will be picked from the other end of your life

Ex:
Everybody over the age of (let say 55) will have to sacrifice their life for their country to save the planet

There will be no excuses like:
O! I have flat feet
O! I have bad eye sight
O! I have this and that and etc.

You won?t be able to run to a different country, they will reject you there too.

So what will you do?

CARTOON NEWS:<<< We do not lie
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a3e7( waiting for clearance[/img][img][/img]

Comments

• Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dying for your country or just dying generally? Do you need to progress to dead.? Like in dying and didn't get better and are now dead?

Will mandatory wars be necessary? People are dying to know.[:D]
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,395 ******
    edited November -1
    I once took an oath and would still go all the way if events warranted it to be.

With that said, I have always liked the idea of letting our political leaders do the fighting in the next war! PROBABLY not going to happen but it would sure help drain the swamp in a way where they could even get battle ships and high schools named after them![:)]
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    I once took an oath and would still go all the way if events warranted it to be.

With that said, I have always liked the idea of letting our political leaders do the fighting in the next war! PROBABLY not going to happen but it would sure help drain the swamp in a way where they could even get battle ships and high schools named after them![:)]

Ditto on all points. There are a lot of "ifs" that would have to be satisfied before I would do it now.
  • Options
    JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think you've been watching too many Sci-Fi movies Wallie. Mother Nature already has plans to take care of over population. I think we've already passed the limit a couple of times that the people who know everything about everything have placed on the Earth's ability to support.

When the population surpasses the Earth's ability to feed them the population will decline. You can cross that off your list of things to worry about. [;)] [:)]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • Options
    scooterdriverscooterdriver Member Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Humans have a knack for killing each other...or being killed off by disease. I suspect we?ll see a ?population adjustment? in this century. Secure borders will help our survival rate.
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood

You can bet your bottom dollar, if the leaders and members of congress or similar were the only ones allowed to fight in a war .... there would no longer be any wars.

[;)]

LoL just not true. I have seen them damn near riot at some of the parliamentary proceedings. Hate knows no boundaries.

And the peasants would still fight and riot. But it sure is a fun thing to imagine, leaders actually leading in good or bad times.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We call that liberalism....
  • Options
    Rocky RaabRocky Raab Member Posts: 14,203 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When the world becomes so overpopulated that there isn't enough food and water, the problem will be self-correcting. They won't need volunteers.

ps: That's a VERY deceptive thread title.
    I may be a bit crazy - but I didn't drive myself.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the answer will be Soylent Green !
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    auctionplugauctionplug Member Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Nobody has ever won a war for dying for his country; its about making the other sorry son of a bich to die for his country" - George C. Scott as General Patton
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only with these provisos:
    1. Democrats go first.
    2. Illegal immigrants go next.
    3. Liberals go next. (If any left after no. 1)
    4. Muslims next.
    I think that will be far enough to make the world a better habitat for another million years.

But suggested scenario will never happen as the world will end itself before being that populated.
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Pre-emptive Selective Nuclear Cleansing would solve that particular problem; whatever happened to all those Neutron Bombs?
    Supposed to leave infrastructure relatively unscathed with a short-duration uninhabitable period.

Suggest we try DC as the first test site; I figure you'd really hafta Want to be there after that![:)]