In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

free gun locks being given out by my local p.d.

pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
i dont need another cable lock(i have about a half dozen un-used as it is) but its free,and i live in MASSACHUSETTES,so anything even somewhat pro-gun is a plus up here. besides, this just gives me even more reasons to buy more guns, i mean i wouldnt want them locks to go to waste ...[:D][:D] wait......i only have room for twomore long guns in the safe....i guess that means ill just have to buy a new safe too,[:p][:p]

WELL AREN`T I JUST ONE BIG F`ING RAY OF SUNSHINE.

Comments

• salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a handgun a couple of years ago. After doing the check, and while we were rapping up the transaction, the seller asked me which lock I wanted-he pointed to a cable lock and a trigger lock that he had hanging on the wall. I said "No thanks, I dont need a lock." He then told me it was the law. They had price tags on them, but they give them away when you buy a handgun. He then told me that most people just throw the lock in a box that was outside the front door. So I picked which lock I wanted, and then put it in the box outside the store.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Here's a paranoid thought for you...[xx(]

Some groups who give away free gun locks ask you to fill out a card showing that they gave you one. Name, address, type of gun, ect...[?]

Where do these cards end up, and are they entered in some kind of database? No one seems to know. Whay would someone accept a "gun lock" if they didn't have a gun?[:0]

No thanks. I'll buy one if I need it.....[}:)]

How you doin'!wolf_evil_smile_md_wht.gif
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I think that most Law Enforcement organizations have them to give out it's a grant type of thing.

Get the job done and come home safe guys.

I rush in where others flee.
  • pantera7974pantera7974 Member Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i fogot to mention it was on the news and they said you can pick one up, no questions asked, go in get one leave and put it on your legal/illegal gun.

WELL AREN`T I JUST ONE BIG F`ING RAY OF SUNSHINE.
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our government and all other UN governments already have a data base on US gunowners so what ever personal info you give out while getting a gun lock is only an update.[:0]

Put a lock on your gun but not one on the knife drawer in the kitchen. What weapon is used in the most crimes and kills and injurs victims the most......the cutting edged weapon for the past so many thousands of years. More feel good political government grant nonsense.

Sure the gun locks do save the lives of some children of irrepsonible people who let their firearms lay around where toddlers and unsupervised undisciplined children play. How many criminals or determined bad kids were ever deterred from activating a firearm witha lock?.............a monkey with a screw driver can get one removed in three minutes or less.

Pardon me Mr. Intruder holding the knife to my wife's throat while I access my gun vault and remove this trigger lock that is there for my family's safety.[:(]

This past deer season one of the fellow's showed up with trigger locks on his Win. 94 30-30 and Rem. 700 30-06. He was quite shock to find out that he left the lock keys in the gun safe at home. Oh my, what to do? This county boy's metro wife demanded that he put locks on all his guns and keep them in the gun safe so their children would not shoot themselves or eachother........say what[?] Long story short, we had the locks off in less than a minute each and then severly teased him about becoming a metro girlyman.[:o)] He was shocked how quickly the $30 locks were removed.

Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have two large cases in the trunk of my cruiser,Ive given a few away.Most people find a use for them on something,Ive found times I have used them for non firearm use.

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun locks?? Kids?? Uhh ohh. Maybe I shouldn't say anything about my boy having his guns with no locks on them on a gun rack in his bedroom[:0]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gun Locks are the biggest waste of time, money, and natural resources I have ever seen. Its a poor substitute for good parenting. People are so damn stupid these days, and the only thing these locks are going to do is drive up the price of guns, because every new gun has to come with one of these pieces of crap.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Please! send me a lock! I'm collecting one from every state that mandates giving them out for free! I'm also collecting different gunlocker's logos, flying disks, hats/t-shirts, etc. for my eventual display at area gun shows. I want everyone that sees the exhibit to remember what it was like before we voted out the crooks and career politicians, and elected representatives that are grounded in our shared values and common sense.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!