In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

BLACK HELICOPTERS???

pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Today while driving down I-25 to Cheyenne, I noticed three helicopters hoovering over some bluffs about 1 mile away, with something dangling underneath. I pulled off the side of the freeway, and gave it my full attention. 3 helicopters with no markings I could see were hoovering over some 1,000 ft bluffs with a string of troops hanging on to ropes underneath. The troops were lowered to the top of the bluffs, and the choppers took off. I really couldn't see the troops after they landed so don't know where they went. As far as I know, there are no buildings in that area for at least 5 miles, so maybe they were just practicing taking some objective?? OR, was there a secret cave there hiding Branch Dividians or Patriots? Your call.[8D]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swat training.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    C-Net [;)]

gun.gif
    Member of the select society
    of Black Helicopter pilots

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    D.E.A. STORM TROOPERS, All black, no markings.
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Mount Cheyenne is around there. Its a High security missle control center to say the least. To my knowledge, its the largest, most secure operation of its kind in the country. Its inbeded inside of a mountain. Pretty cool if you ask me. I just dont know why they call it mount Cheyenne when its in Colorado. Mabye it controls the missles on F.E. Warren airforce Base in Cheyenne. [;)]

Larry
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gun_runner, I believe you're referring about Cheyenne Mountain. Its definately not the most secure facility we have. Trust me, I worked there when I did space ops. The Mountain has little to do with launching missiles. Launch authority comes directly from the President through the CJCS and SAC to the missile silos themselves. The Mountain is home to NORAD. Their mission is missile defense, and now, homeland security as well. But, it is pretty cool nonetheless! [;)]
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kitfoo
    gun_runner, I believe you're referring about Cheyenne Mountain. Its definately not the most secure facility we have. Trust me, I worked there when I did space ops. The Mountain has little to do with launching missiles. Launch authority comes directly from the President through the CJCS and SAC to the missile silos themselves. The Mountain is home to NORAD. Their mission is missile defense, and now, homeland security as well. But, it is pretty cool nonetheless! [;)]
    Damn I hate it when someone tells me something and I make it public and it turns out to be wrong. Oh well. Im sure your right since you've been there.[:(!] I wasnt too far off though. Ahh I feel better now[:)]

Larry
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Was Joking earlier, The one's around here are looking for Pot growers
    they sit and hover for hours. Then the next thing ya know, Giant pot bust. [:)]

gun.gif
    Those who live by the
    sword get shot by those who don't.

[img][/img]Santa_Cruz.gif
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The crazies are everywhere.

www.zapatopi.net

this guy just happens to be the craziest guy on the internet. He can tell you all about black helicopters. At work sometimes we like to sit around and find strange stuff on the web. This guy has won the craziest of crazies award.

R/

Dave

How different the world would be if we could consult the veteran instead of the politician. - Henry Miller
  • Colt SuperColt Super Member Posts: 31,007
    edited November -1
    They were not there. It is unAmerican for you to say they were. We... you may be destroyed if you continue this lie.

What is your address, please?

" Black helocopters do not now, nor have they ever, exist(ed)." William Jefferson Clinton, in a speech to MIT graduates, June, 1993.

God Bless America and...
    NEVER Forget WACO
    NEVER, EVER Forget 911
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    I was just about to say...you wouldn't know anything about any "black helicopters", wouldya sir? [:D] [:P]

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

"Molon labe, you fascist ice-queen!" -Me
  • 0311marine0311marine Member Posts: 3,233
    edited November -1
    i was just gonna say it was nightstalker.....jk[;)]

sspic.jpgPistol-01.gif
    sealriverth.jpgdk_marinereconth.jpg
    SEMPER FI
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hasn't SAC been gone for a while?

quote:Originally posted by kitfoo
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    taken from nightstalkers link..

There is nothing cosmic, paranormal, or ethereal about black helicopters. They belong to the U.S. military, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, based in Ft. Cambell, Kentucky, in Hopkinsville, KY. They park many of the helicopters at different locations where they are used, however.

The only reason the color black is significant is that only this one military unit gets this particular type of paint for its helicopters, the 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment ("160th SOAR") in Ft. Campbell, Kentucky.

The paint is called "CARC" and it is used because it is chemically resistant and non-radar reflective.

GWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gif
    banner-small.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mostly these sightings are optical allusions. Almost any aircraft painted dark green will appear even darker when you look up at it with the sky in the back ground. I heard on the news last night that the Air Force is going to repaint the bottoms of all their black Stealth fighters to gray. Supposedly this will make them even harder to see from the ground when they are flying over head.

Friends it is not a conspiracy of any type. It's not something that is being held secret from the public. The 160th SOAR has been operating these birds for a long time. I was waiting for Night Stalker to strike down this rumor, and he did.[;)]

Trinity +++

"Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it."<BR>(Proverbs 22:6)
  • trstonetrstone Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Quote:

"There is nothing cosmic, paranormal, or ethereal about black helicopters. They belong to the U.S. military, 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, based in Ft. Cambell, Kentucky, in Hopkinsville, KY."

HOPKINSVILLE, KENTUCKY?!?!

AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

THAT'S WHERE THE ALIENS LANDED ON THE SUTTON FARM BACK IN 1955!!!

I KNEW IT!!

For those of you who like a fun scary campfire-type story---and especially for those of you who appreciate the use of firearms in home defense, especially when the intruders are horrible little goblins from outer space---check out the link below:

http://www.chez.com/lesovnis/htm/kelly55.htm
  • kitfookitfoo Member Posts: 290 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mpolans,

Yes, SAC was offline for a few decades. But, they've never really gone away. SAC has been stood up recently with the Homeland security thing.
  • spike449spike449 Member Posts: 57 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think the origional sighting was "Swamp Gas".

Good judgement comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgement. Gen. Omar Bradley
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    Are you sure you saw what you said you saw or did you just think that you saw somenthing you did not see? Seeing and not seeing things are very similar only in one case you do see something in the other case you do not see anything at all. You may just be confused. Do you see what I mean? [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pack rat633
    Today while driving down I-25 to Cheyenne, I noticed three helicopters hoovering over some bluffs about 1 mile away, with something dangling underneath. I pulled off the side of the freeway, and gave it my full attention. 3 helicopters with no markings I could see were hoovering over some 1,000 ft bluffs with a string of troops hanging on to ropes underneath. The troops were lowered to the top of the bluffs, and the choppers took off. I really couldn't see the troops after they landed so don't know where they went. As far as I know, there are no buildings in that area for at least 5 miles, so maybe they were just practicing taking some objective?? OR, was there a secret cave there hiding Branch Dividians or Patriots? Your call.

Skeet.

"Go to Lakedaemon, stranger passing by;
    And say there, that in obedience to her law, here we lie"
  • pack rat633pack rat633 Member Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Umm, I'm confused. Did you guys see something???[8D][8D][8D]

SEMPER FI MAC, SEMPER FI
  • sharkman69sharkman69 Member Posts: 858
    edited November -1
    quote:

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

I was wondering, does that include her own? For those of you who didn't know, the notoriously anti-gun Senator Feinstein has a concealed weapons permit. Can you say "HYPOCRITE!!!!!"?
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I had a helocopter, I would paint it black and fly over the most paraniod people that I know's houses, and shine a colored spot light or maybe laser show thru their window. Buy some stage or club lights. Just to freak them out. And then I would play chicken with cars down the freeway and try to land on 18 wheelers. I guess its probably good that I will never have a helecopter then.
  • muggstermuggster Member Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sharkman69
    quote:

I was wondering, does that include her own? For those of you who didn't know, the notoriously anti-gun Senator Feinstein has a concealed weapons permit. Can you say "HYPOCRITE!!!!!"?

Tell me your jokin'!

Muggster
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    chunkstyle--twisted...but I must admit I laughed a little..ok...a lot[}:)][:D]
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Muggster, when she was mayor of Frisco, she outlawed all handguns,EXCEPT her own of course!
  • gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    There are black helicopters, and I don't think the ones I photographed at the Carrizozo Airport were from Kentucky.
    There are also black jets at Cannon AFB outside Clovis; saw 'em Tuesday.
    I have a black dog; am I part of this?

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!