In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

place to shoot in NVA

scott5792scott5792 Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Anyone out there have a place to shoot in Northern Virginia. I tried a gun shop on RT17 clark brothers or something. Could only shoot ammo I bought from them. I'm looking for someplace private.You know like it used to be. There was one place in the old subdivision where you could go to shoot. Not ,other than Izaak Walton. But I've moved so far away. I'll waste most of the day driving.Any help would be appreciated.Scott

Comments

• Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scott.....where are you? There's a range at a gun shop in Chantilly. Shoot any handgun and .22 rifle only. I shoot the M-16 there but only with the .22 conversion.If that interests you let me know and I'll give you directions.Mudge the informed
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm West of there. Winchester. I have a rifle I want to sight in and a few others I havn't been able to shoot since I purchased them. It's killing me I need a range or farmers field for some distance. 200+. Thank you for the reply though.
  • Options
    mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Scott....I know you said 200+ but there's is a 100 yd range at Spark's in Martinsburg. It's indoors and kinda' uncomfortable but you CAN get sighted in there. I'm just up I-81 from you in Bunker Hill, WV.If I find out about anything you might ne able to use, I'll let you know.Mudge the helpful
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you. That is right up the road.100 yards would work.I'm not shooting a howitzed or anything. 30-06. thanks a lot Mudge the helpfulScott
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry, obviously not a very good typer or speller. ScottI ment howitzer
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Scott5792, It's about 3 hrs from Winchester to my place. You can shoot 100, 200, 300, and if we move the bench just a lttle 400yds on my land and the neighbors can kiss __ ___!! if they don't like it!!! I'm in SW VA and if you want to drive, come on down!!! GHD