In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

savage striker 17 hmr

brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,079 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
i won one of these friday nite at a sportsmens banquet,also a rem 870 super mag,first i have ever won at these things. anyway anybody have one or have shot one? i m hoping the temp gets to 10 dfgrees by 9:00 when the range opens,so maybe i can hit something between shakes.

Comments

• groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    brier-49, I have one of the Srikers in 17HMR. It's good for 1 to 1.2 inches at 100 yards using a 7X scope. Velocity of the Hornady and Remington loads is still over 2325 fps from the 10" barrel! A very fun gun to shoot! GHD
  • MoonlighterMoonlighter Member Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the 17 with a red dot scope, and the Striker 22 with a 7 power scope....my grandkids always pick these first when we are shooting. They are fun to shoot....the 17 is a great varmit gun.

"Things always look better from the top.....take the hill!"
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Lucky you!!!

Speaking of raffles, Ghd do you want another ticket on that 50 gun, 4 wheel raffle, from the firehall! I have a few if ya want one!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

LIFES MOSTLY SCARS AND SOUVENIR'S - Max Stalling

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Here a pic of my Savage, Its a .308 well pleased with it. With the 2-6x scope I take 200yd headshots on groundhogs.

IMG_10006.jpg

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Pa, Bring the tickets with you next weekend. I'll try again! GHD