In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Some interesting guns seen today! You might want

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
I had to go to NC today for work and somehow the truck knows exactly how to go to some shops down there! It trained easily!! Anyway, I got to see a 700 LV in 17 Remington. I'd seen a few already but that was the first in 17 Remington so now it is official...they are out there! The other interesting(maybe more interesting to you all) was the Remington 673 in .243 Winchester! This distributor paired up with a California distributor and Remington made 400 of the 673's in .243 for them! It is a non-catalogged item and there are still some available. If anybody is interested email me and I'll give you the name and number of the dealer! GHD

Comments

• Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would but you got all my money[:D]LOL

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • headzilla97headzilla97 Member Posts: 6,445
    edited November -1
    So does this mean the .17 is out for sale by remy

We're men. Its our God given right to watch sports and smut" - Al Bundy
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    headzilla, Yes you can buy it in Madison, NC (just happens to be the same town as Remington is in) for 729.95!!! There are not very many of the 17's out there!! I had seen a 221 Fireball in PA and a .223 and we've had 2 of the 22-250's at the local shop......sold within 2 hours of arriving! But this was the first of the 17 Remingtons I had seen! My friend (the dealer) was given his option at the SHOT SHOW of what he wanted and he said "give me the rareest one" and he got the 17!!! They feel great! The stock is an H-S Precision with full bedding block and different from the VS. Not as wide in the forearm but the palmswell is oversized and feels good! The barrel is a "cut down" SENDERO stainless fluted barrel....somewhere between the standard weight and the Varmint weight, hence the "light varmint" nomenclature! The .204Ruger versions should hit the market late summer early fall! If I can figure out how to "finagle" some funds I'll have the 17 version and the .204 version......like I need another varmint rifle!!!! It must be my "mid-life" crisis kicking in!!! GHD