In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

She Bought One

njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Well, at long last, we are home from car shopping!! Mrs njretcop bought a red (Tools wins) Saturn VUE.

All things considered, it went pretty well for us. Sadly, the dealership didn't have such an easy time of it. Mrs njretcop went through three salesman before the deal was completed.

The first one quit on the spot, the second one suffered some kind of attack and they had to call an ambulance to transport him to the hospital as he was shaking un-controlably and ranting about women buying cars. Funny thing though, just before he had his attack, Mrs njretcop was trying to explain about the color she wanted and what do you know, when the ambulance arrived, she tried to tell him THAT was the color she wanted. I really don't think he heard her though because he was unconscious as they drove away.

The third salesman was an older gentleman, who was very patient and obviously has been married for many years. Anything she demanded to have in the car, he just said "yes madam, we have one of those." I knew he didn't, but I didn't blame him for lying to her.

After she tried on every car on the lot, she finally decided on one to every one's amazement. Other customers in the showroom stopped looking just to applaud and congratulate her. It was very moving.

They told us it would take awhile for the car to be preped for delivery. "No problem," Mrs njretcop said, "I'll be glad to help some other customers pick out a car." With that, the salesman reached into his pocket and handed us some money. There is a very nice diner across the street, Saturn would be pleased if you would be our guest and take your time. Such nice people!

When we returned, her new car was parked outside the showroom. The salesman came out and told Mrs njretcop to get behind the wheel and he would explain all the controls and features to her. Now you have to understand that this dealership is very big, clean, with a long winding driveway and beautifully landscaped.

After he finished, he asked if she had any questions. "No" she said, "I'm just a little concerned about driving in the winter with all the ice and snow on the roads." Oh!, he said "Don't worry, this baby has all wheel drive and will go through anything."

With that we left and started out the driveway. Suddenly, Mrs njretcop got a crazed look on her face. She looked like someone possessed. Without saying a word, she turned her new SUV onto the lawn in front of the showroom and tore up about $8000.00 worth of grass and shubbery!!! "Damn," she said, "he's right, I love my new truck."

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"<br>NRA Certified Firearms Instructor<br>Member: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD.<br> <A HREF="mailto:njretcop@copmail.com">njretcop@copmail.com</A> <P>

Comments

• bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    I think I married her niece. Man that sounds exactly like my wife. Cashiers at the stores cringe in fear when they see her coming. Managers start choking down Tums and chasing them with milk of magnesia.
    Glad to hear it went so smooth.

040103cowboy_shooting_one_gun_md_clr_prv.gifBig Daddy my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good choice in cars, son and his wife have a green one.[:)]

It must be right, or we wouldn't do it this way!
  • 3gunner3gunner Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can relate...[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Now let's hear "her" side of it. [}:)] [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    Ahhh...the old "three salesman trick..."

Just kidding! Congrats and keep us posted on how it ages.

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • maboogermabooger Member Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad she had such an easy time picking one out [;)][;)]

Oh by the way I think I'm seeing why MrsNJcop hasn't registered yet[}:)]
    The first thing I'm going to teach her is how to go into past post written by a very loving husband --- we'll see how well you've done with the strick out key then[:0][}:)][:D]

ma.gif
  • chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What kind of light bar are you going to put on it?

???
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Congrats to Mrs njretcop!!! We're going 4-wheelingtomorrow and maybe she'd like to show us what it will do!! I thought Vinnie and Guido were going to be there to keep things quiet?!!! You better head south in it and stop by here!!! GHD
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    GHD,

Saturn calls the color of her new truck "Chili Pepper Red" so you will know when we are coming, probably from 20 miles away, LOL.

I suggested to Mrs njretcop that "chili pepper" might be a great screen name for her........[:D][:D][:D]

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    I still like SWIAS Better!!!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    Pa,

How about Swwbs, She who will buy Saturns? haha

vic.jpg

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Charlie thats a good one, just change it to Qtip!!! Yep that's it Qtip, short for SWWBS!

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So when do YOU get to drive it ?
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    Heck - she aint gonna let NJ drive it - Just like Mrs. Blue with her little Jeep. I never get to drive it - She says she looks cute in it and I know she would rather I set in back - so the guys think she is riding with her Dad[:D][:D]

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
    edited November -1
    Select-fire,

I have no desire to drive it (she won't let me anyway). It looks very much like a fire engine!

I'll stick to my Chevrolet Impala with the police package and police license plates. It makes for fun driving, ask GHD, LOL.

vic.jpg

Charlie

edited November -1
    Nj and Carol! Congrats on your new purchase! Wendy, (Mrs GHD) just came down to the office and read the post and almost had to cal "911" for her laughter fit!!!! She say's she really wants to see Charlie driving a "fire engine" up our driveway!! [:D][:)][8D][:D]GHD
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,446 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Njretcop, ask Tools about the African Americans and my Crown Vic Interceptor coming back from the gun show... I swear I saw dope and pills flying out the window. LMAO they thought I was a Cop !! OF course I did change lanes behind them. Did you know their necks could go around like a hoot owl while watching the car behind them ?
    edited November -1
    Select-Fire, If that had been Charlie, he'd have hit his blues and made a "Citizens arrest, Citizens arrest!!!" Kinda like Gomer on Andy Griffith!!!! GHD