In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

GHD, it didn't do too bad

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited February 2004 in General Discussion
Here you go, the first pic is a group of your reloads at 100 yards. With the flyer(flinched) it measured at .845, without the flyer(flinch) the four shot group is .460. This was done in the cold with lots of wind, I was shivering trying to shoot these! The bottom pic is 50, yes 50 shots of factory ammo being fireformed! As you can see toward the end the barrel was getting warm and the shots starting to fly. Out of 50 only 6 shots made it out of the triangle. These were shot in rapid succession in 10 shot strings with about 15 minutes inbetween strings. The last pic is a 5 shot group with the factory ammo at 100 yards, three shots measured .650, the other two prove why I hate factory ammo, factory ammo won't group and is not worthy of anything but brass!!!

target2.jpg
target1.jpg
target3.jpg

line2.gif
email2b.gif
hillbilly.gif

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    OK what were you shooting??? [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington 700, heavy barrel, .243 Ackley Improved.

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Lonnie: I can't think of one animal that you wouldn't have killed with those shots from the factory ammo!!![:D] That old groundhog ain't gonna no the difference he is still gonna be dead!!![^]

pa.gif

Rixford.gif

Kids that fish, hunt and trap have never mugged any old ladies!

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
    edited November -1
    But Tim, think of what that group woulda looked like at 500 yards, most likely woulda never even hit a groundhog! That is why I want the tiniest groups possible, bad groups at 100 are multiplied at longer distances make for bad shots and misses! A gun that will group badly at 100 can would a deer at 300! I like em small, the smaller the better[:D][:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    If you want better groups you'll need a 6mm Remington reamer[}:)]

orst-title-1.gif

SUPPORT THE I.N.S. , THE COUNTRY THEY SAVE COULD BE YOUR OWN
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Lonnie, I figured it would please! Or else I wouldn't have sold it to you!!! Let me know when you get to doing the fireformed brass. READ THE INSTRUCTION SHEET!! The 58's will kill and maim!!! The 80's will kill! And that old sorry * "I don't like the feel of H-S Precision stock" feels better already don't it? GHD PS:
    KJ: That 243AI is a varmint killing machine!!!!!! He don't need a Clymer reamer!!!!!!
    edited November -1
    KJ, the bullet is a 6mm, all that is needed!

GHD, I want to try it again on a calm warm day and see if I can do something about that flyer(flinch)! The HS stock is ok but for shooting off the bench the grip angle isnt right for me[:D] got my elbow hiked up too far. Ohh, and that thing needs a muffler[:D][:D] Just forget to put the ear muffs on once............[:0]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    muffler???? Somebody on here is going to think I had a rifle with a brake on it!!! BLASPHEMY!!! My first experience with brakes was on (and this is for KJ) a d... 6mmAI with a brake! Henceforth and from that day forward all brakes were banished from the GHD shooting bench!!! If you can't take the wallop, you ought not own it!!!!! DAMN A BRAKE!!! GHD
    edited November -1
    No there isnt a brake on this, no kick at all so one is not needed but that thing is LOUD!!!

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Ohh, I could let you pop off about 20 rounds from the .338RUM and see if you want a brake[:D][:D][:D]

line2.gif
    email2b.gif
    hillbilly.gif
    edited November -1
    Anything over .308 diameter is not needed down here!! Actually anything over .257(25-06 comes to mind) is over kill!!!! I do not have to add to my degenerating bones the stress of ULTRA MAGS!! If I get to go to Allen's (aglore's) I'll take the little 300SAUM and if I don't kill it with the first shot, I'll take a second! And if is intent on eating me, I'll shoot again and run like h...!!!!!!!! GHD