In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

home on the range

ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
edited March 2002 in General Discussion
Where the deer and the antelope play.

Saw a nice sized deer out back tonight, couldn't tell if there were antlers cause I left my glasses somewhere but from the coloring, figured it would be a buck.

Got the binoculars, which I could find without glasses and took a good look.

Looks to be a fine buck, maybe a 10 pointer. He was busy working on his scrape when 2 smaller bucks turned up to watch. It disturbed him and shortly he charged one of them, turned into a free for all, bucks chasing each other all over the place.

Watch for about 5 minutes. All this took place within 250 yards of my back deck, same place I got that 12 pointer a couple of years ago.

Now to wait until rifle season comes in.

Comments

• ysacresysacres Member Posts: 294 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went over to the range today and spent a couple hours shooting down range at some paper with the 45 ACP, then got out the new Winchester ranger 30-30 to see what kinda range it had, had a great time on the range intill a cow walked out on the range. Jumped in the ford Ranger and headed home.
  • songdogsongdog Member Posts: 355 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the cow in back i hope
    Be bold in what you stand for, careful in what you fall for.