In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rolled my wife's pickup this morning

guns-n-painthorsesguns-n-painthorses Member Posts: 6,463 ✭✭✭
edited December 2001 in General Discussion
Man, Merry cristmas to me. Went in the ditch and rolled end over end. Landed upside down in the road ditch facing the other direction from what I was going. Totaled out my wife's 98 1 ton dually Dodge. Did you know a Cummins turbo diesel will run upside down? Ran for about 45 seconds before I could get back into the front seat to turn it off. That truck was wedged in that road ditch so tight, I had to kick out the back window to get out. Few bumps, hurt pride, and mad wife, otherwise OK. This is the second Dodge I have rolled and walked away from, hope it's the last. Do you guys think it will start tomorrow? Yes or No?

Comments

• Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    b4 you try to start it drain the oil+filters and fill 'er back up, dont crank it without draining. Running upside down it could have fuel contamination in the pan. Oil will run past the rings, mix with fuel not burn and drain back to the pan when the vehicle is uprighted.
    when all else fails........................
  • Options
    OrphanedcowboyOrphanedcowboy Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It should, but listen to 7mm, I have an uncle has several class 8 rigs and several hotshot rigs, had one of each turned over, both later ran after a good servicing
    Orphanedcowboy@msn.com www.texdeer.com
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    How did ya do it?Glad you`re OK!.218
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Got a dual on the ice and could not correct it time. Slid right into the ditch at a 90 degree angle to the road. Get this, Smashed the bumper into the radiator and air bags DID NOT deploy! What a ride!
  • Options
    robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    So, I thought people like you learned but I guess not, hit the deer with a bullet, not your wifes truck. Geesh. Glad you're ok.
  • Options
    218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    Dang,it just aint natural..asphalt and ice just don`t mix..Judge Dread will be by to enlighten you,I`m sure!..it can never be as simple as it seems. .218
  • Options
    simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    Glad you're ok. Guess you'll be driven one of those paints now.
  • Options
    usmc2498215usmc2498215 Member Posts: 82 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well I'm glad your O.K. and I'm sure, although your wife might disagree with me right now, that it is a blessing that your alive for Christmas, but after you turn it up, drain the fluids, and start it up, do me a favor, read a book on Physics, so we are not talking about the third truck you've rolled in the future, stay safe and take a suggestion froma retired motor cop and keep the shiny side up.
  • Options
    spclarkspclark Member Posts: 408
    edited November -1
    Asphalt & Ice mix just fine folks, that's the problem. It's adding TIRES to the mix that'll upset the balance!Glad to hear you're O.K. though & didn't lose the use of your keyboarding digits (among other things; we'll have to wait to see about your wife's THIRD Dodge, eh?).
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you are OK, bet this is the last time your wife lets you drive her ride!
  • Options
    RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you're OK, those dually's and ice are a bad combination...now you can replace it with a Ford or Chevy (Stir...stir...stir...)
  • Options
    badboybobbadboybob Member Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You came out of it in one piece, that's all that counts. That's what I told my son last April when he wiped out my pickup. He did'nt get a scratch and that's all that counted to me. The rest was just money, and I can get more of it. Can't get another son.
  • Options
    7mm_ultra_mag_is_king7mm_ultra_mag_is_king Member Posts: 676 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wasnt it Bill Cosby that told his son," you wrecked my car now I'm gonna wreck you"?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Well, state farm came out today and totaled out the truck, now I have to find a new truck. Hum........ Hey Mudge!!!!!
  • Options
    Guns & GlassGuns & Glass Member Posts: 864 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pride can be swallowed, wife's anger will fade, but broken bones, and funerals don't.More trucks can be bought. Glad your ok.Since your 0 for 2 with a Dodge, had you given any thought to another brand?Happy Healthy New Year!
    Happy Bullet Holes!
  • Options
    b0400879b0400879 Member Posts: 256 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HER truck, huh ?(better hers than yerz) HAR !!!best,joey